Skip to content

West midlands convoy!

Featured Replies

Don't mind going at 60, I'll be using next to no fuel at all :lol:

wish i was running diesel power! its gona cost me like 40quid there and back lol

What the bloody hell is wrong with it? :lol:

I'll do poloshow n back, driving round the town for munch etc all on £20 easily.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solihull mate, fairly near the airport to be honest, (just off the a45) not many dubs around here though, and no mk1's as far as I know.

Dude! Get yourself on MDC! Most people on there are that way in Brum (Sutton Coldfield, Minworth etc.) got a meet tomorrow night at Bassetts Pole Maccy's 7.30 onwards if you're interested, I'll be there!

I'm down with a steady 60 cruise - its more fun 8-)

Solihull mate, fairly near the airport to be honest, (just off the a45) not many dubs around here though, and no mk1's as far as I know.

Dude! Get yourself on MDC! Most people on there are that way in Brum (Sutton Coldfield, Minworth etc.) got a meet tomorrow night at Bassetts Pole Maccy's 7.30 onwards if you're interested, I'll be there!

It's a temptation, is almost an hr round trip though so don't know if it's going to be worth it. Any idea if there are any meets a bit closer to home :p

Edited by asherz

  • Author
Solihull mate, fairly near the airport to be honest, (just off the a45) not many dubs around here though, and no mk1's as far as I know.

EDIT: I'll bring my SLR along if you guys like, should get a few decent pics.

Yeh I know Solihull it's where I bought my coupe from :)

Yea bring it get some pics at the services and some rolling shots :p

Is anyone else in an 895 willing to convoy with me since I can't go over 60 on motorways and don't wanna hold people up lol.

If all is sorted my coupe will be towing a trailer (not sure if bready or coupe yet) so legally I can't go above 60 (ish)

that's fine looks like most of us are cruising at 60!

Don't mind going at 60, I'll be using next to no fuel at all :lol:

wish i was running diesel power! its gona cost me like 40quid there and back lol

What the bloody hell is wrong with it? :lol:

I'll do poloshow n back, driving round the town for munch etc all on £20 easily.

It's a 4 speed 1litre but it does drink the fuel I just thought it was a big hungry lol, reckon somethings wrong with it?

Edited by richhasbigtits

I'm the same 4 speed 895, rinses petrol for some reason. Then again, it always feels like I'm using more purely because a full tank is only £25 haha.

  • Author
Solihull mate, fairly near the airport to be honest, (just off the a45) not many dubs around here though, and no mk1's as far as I know.

Dude! Get yourself on MDC! Most people on there are that way in Brum (Sutton Coldfield, Minworth etc.) got a meet tomorrow night at Bassetts Pole Maccy's 7.30 onwards if you're interested, I'll be there!

What's this mdc? Why haven't I heard of it!!

Solihull mate, fairly near the airport to be honest, (just off the a45) not many dubs around here though, and no mk1's as far as I know.

Dude! Get yourself on MDC! Most people on there are that way in Brum (Sutton Coldfield, Minworth etc.) got a meet tomorrow night at Bassetts Pole Maccy's 7.30 onwards if you're interested, I'll be there!

What's this mdc? Why haven't I heard of it!!

Think its mens dogging club. But I dont see how maccys car park would be an appropriate place for "meet ups". :?

:lol: Its MidsDubClub, pretty awesome local dub club to be fair, meets have happened at that maccy's for years as its got a fair size car park and there's no need to move really...
  • Author
:lol: Its MidsDubClub, pretty awesome local dub club to be fair, meets have happened at that maccy's for years as its got a fair size car park and there's no need to move really...

Ah I wish I could go but I work Thursday nights do they do it any other nights?

Dubshires where its at tbh.

We meet at a nice pub in the countryside near shrewsbury. Nice drive up too.

No offence to the MDC lot but compared to the dubshire meeting place mdc is crap :lol:

Both are a cool bunch of guys/girls though. I just go to dubshire more often purely for the better drive and location.

Dubshires where its at tbh.

We meet at a nice pub in the countryside near shrewsbury. Nice drive up too.

No offence to the MDC lot but compared to the dubshire meeting place mdc is crap :lol:

Both are a cool bunch of guys/girls though. I just go to dubshire more often purely for the better drive and location.

Whens the meet, if it's on weekends I might actually be willing to venture over there. But during the week its going too be far to far away.

Edited by asherz

Dubshires where its at tbh.

We meet at a nice pub in the countryside near shrewsbury. Nice drive up too.

No offence to the MDC lot but compared to the dubshire meeting place mdc is crap :lol:

Both are a cool bunch of guys/girls though. I just go to dubshire more often purely for the better drive and location.

Whens the meet, if it's on weekends I might actually be willing to venture over there. But during the week its going too be far to far away.

Both meet on thursdays, am a member of both but can't get to the meets either as I'm a scout leader and don't finish til 9-30. Meeting up at Dubmania with dubshire though.

Ah, fair enough. Well a 104 mile round trip deffo isn't worth it. We need a solihull based dub club. I just dont think there are many of us.

i'm in Solihull once the polo on the road

and their normal a big VW dub meet in Coventry at the arena

Coventry is better since I actually know my way around cov and it isn't all that far.

Let me know if your heading down to one melon, I'll probs convoy it.

  • 1 month later...

what time is the convoy meeting up?

Whos going up on what day

I think most of us wolverhamptoners are going on saturday morning now as most cant get out of things on the friday.

Last year we did friday in the afternoon. About 1/2 as there wasnt a rush

I think we will be doing it early though if we do a saturday.

i'm up for a convoy on the saturday if your having one, having 2 full weekends away in a month ain't really fair on the misses lol

Its going to be early afternoon tobes, like 2ish i reckon

On saturday?

Why so late man? missing out on all the fun.

I may just fuck u all off and be a loner n go Friday. Last year was amazing both nights, seems a shame to waste a night for no real reason.

I definitely wouldnt waste a night id get smashed and then waste the day after feeling rough as lol.

yes but everyone else there on saturday will be feeling shit from the night :lol:

Thats how it works man!

So... a few of us are going down Saturday afternoon now

So far that stands as

me

Higgo

Brett

Olly

Dom

Probably a few others with us (Mel, Rob, Briscoe) but haven't spoken to um yet about it.

Not sure on a time yet but I'm sure we will know soon enough.

Feel free to join us

Anybody else local that fancies rolling up in a little convoy??

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.