StringsOnFire

Guide: How To Install OEM Remote Central Locking In A Polo 9N With Original Parts

Adam vw

Right, I've finally got this working after blood, sweat and tears.

I'm just wondering if there is a option when locking the doors with the fob for the dashboard hazards come on?

ploppy

Hey,,

if anyone can fit this to my car would gladly pay them for there services ...

Regards

Mark in Norfolk

9n 2002

ploppy

Hi..

ok .. I'm confussed on this

ok have new keys cut and transponders coded to my car.

If I buy a

Remote Central Locking ECU

o Part #6Q0 959 433 E

and a remote Part #1JO 959 753 DA (MUST be ‘DA’ model to work with the ECU!)

Would it then just be a cae of fitting those parts with out the need of any vag tools / software.

Take the battery lead off , then once all connected placed battery back on, key in igination and the lock door etc?

If that s all it is I think I could do it?

Sorry to be a pain,

Regards

Mark

Hey,,

if anyone can fit this to my car would gladly pay them for there services ...

Regards

Mark in Norfolk

9n 2002

Edited by ploppy

StringsOnFire

From what I can remember though it's been a while, the transponder is coded to the instrument cluster. Same cluster, same transponder, so any you have already coded and working can be reused without reprogramming.

However, the ECU, being from another car, will need to be coded to your car. The part about using VCDS-Lite describes this, steps 5. - 8. in the guide

ploppy

Sure,

a chap on the bay of e is selling one pre programed with remote, he says it should just plug in where my old unit is and work??

What do you think?

item : 121079280441

From what I can remember though it's been a while, the transponder is coded to the instrument cluster. Same cluster, same transponder, so any you have already coded and working can be reused without reprogramming.

However, the ECU, being from another car, will need to be coded to your car. The part about using VCDS-Lite describes this, steps 5. - 8. in the guide

Edited by ploppy

ploppy

Hi all..

if you need remote central locking,, this guy on ebay is brillant !!!

got his kit he pre programed,, took out my old ecu,, replaced with his,,,,

programed remote as already had keys and transponder done by autolocksmith...

I now have genuine VW remote central locking !!!!

Brilliant :-D

Sure,

a chap on the bay of e is selling one pre programed with remote, he says it should just plug in where my old unit is and work??

What do you think?

cunning plan
A guide as titled. Also available to download as a word document, I'll attach it tonight.

Congrats! You now have full VW central locking, not a third party in sight!

First of all, thank you for taking time to write this up, very useful and helpful.

However, I think there is some confusion between simply adding Remote Central Locking using your existing transponder-crystal and recoding a new transponder-crystal to work with your car's ECU+immobiliser. Or at least, there is confusion for me! :?

I appreciate you have written it this way as you have followed it through as a complete process, but thinking about it, if you are re-using your transponder-crystals from the original key for the car, you should be able to skip sections.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but perhaps the guide needs to be split into sections such as:

Section 1-5

'Recoding a new key transponder-crystal to your immobiliser'

Section 6

'Fitting a factory Remote Central Locking Comfort Unit'

Section 7-8

Coding the Comfort Unit to work with your car's ECU+ Immobiliser

Section 9

Programming the new Remote key fob to work with the Remote Central Locking Comfort Unit

I am pretty sure I have understood this correctly and the above is right? :oops:

So this means, that IF you are going to use the transponder from your original key or the original spare key, you can skip section 1-5.

Then follow this instead:

Buy:

• Remote Fob and blank blade: Part #1JO 959 753 DA (MUST be ‘DA’ model to work with the ECU!)
  • Remote Central Locking Comfort Unit Part #6Q0 959 433 E

Then:

• Get new blade cut to the same pattern as the original key.
  • Swap transponder-crystal from the original key (or spare) - this now should mean the key will work with the ECU+Immobiliser and unlock the doors using the key, it just won't remotely unlock them.
  • Follow section 6 above to remove old Central Locking Control Unit and replace with Comfort Central Locking Control Unit
  • Follow section 7-8 above to code the comfort unit to your car's ECU+Immobiliser.
  • Follow section 9 above to code the remote key to your Comfort Central Locking Control Unit (as the transponder-crystal will allow mating to the comfort unit and car ECU+Immobiliser.

Thoughts please?

Edited by cunning plan

lutty

Hi

If anyone can fit this to my car would gladly pay them for there services and parts. Polo is a 2004 twist auto, based in harrow area.

Thanks Ben

ccarmock
Sure,

What do you think?

I bought a kit from him for my 1.4S Polo 9N3 (07) and it works OK. I do have an issue right now in that the back doors don't work on central locking, but I think I just need to programme the new module to tell it it's in a 5 door car as opposed to 3 and I should be fine.

The instructions here in this thread for finding the module are good. Just to add a few points:-

After removing the heater air vent that blows air into the drivers footwell if you look up above that near the central console you will see a black bracket holding the original module in place. It is at a weird angle. To remove it slide your hand up on the other side of the metal plate to which is it fixed and release the clip with your finger.

When you do that you can slide the bracket to one side and then remove it with the module in situ.

Unplug the cables and then you will find the module just slides out of the bracket and you can slide the new one in.

Currently mine is set to auto lock when pulling away initially and also for selective unlocking, but I'll change that.

However it flashes the lights as a factory fitted unit would etc.

Taffy

Hi all new to all this! Will this work on my 04 polo twist 1.4 5dr?

Plus whats the difference between a vcds - Lite and a VAG- COM??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-o

Richard_Severn
Hi all new to all this! Will this work on my 04 polo twist 1.4 5dr?

Plus whats the difference between a vcds - Lite and a VAG- COM??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-o

As far as i know it should work as the twist is just a different type of interior/extras i believe but i could be wrong. VCDS and vag com are the same thing just different names for them. you will need it to change the soft coding of the comfort control module. if you are using the immobiliser chip from your old key you dont need vag tacho, i tried with mine several times and could never get it to read the pin number. best of luck

Taffy

^^^^^ thank you but i don't think my car has a comfort control??

I have seen on ebay a set that is supposed to do the job in one listing?? Is it worth it?

Plus my central locking is playing up i.e only opening all doors with the key when it feels like it will this overide the problem?

Sorry for all the questions here but want to get this right :roll:

harmonialvalue

When trying to get the pin for my omibiliser for new key on vag tacho i get an errorr. can anyone help?

Connecting VDO New...

OK

6Q0920900 KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V11

Check for VDO tacho...

Tacho is VDO! Try to log in... Please wait!

Software Version: VSQX01LM

Password: 0

Check for Seed-Key...

Please Wait....trying to calculate Key

Seed-key mode: 03

Selected ECU Not Found! Try again or Select other ECU!

!!! Access DENIED !!!

FADI74

Hi , I have a Polo 9N3 2008 , and got the 6q0 959 433 E . I just wonder if it is possible to install the ccu and operate it without using VCDS since my car is 5-door and the ccu came from a 5-door car (Cordoba, Seat), or I have to encode it using VCDS ?

Thank you.

Braziliain

Hi,

This is an old topic now, so not sure if the guys in the know still check it but...

I am gathering bits for this and having a 52 reg 9N I am worried about the VDO vs TRW dash issue mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

How can I tell if my dash is VDO or TRW before I waste cash on VAG Tacho?

I noticed from the Car Key Help website that the immobiliser transponder changed halfway through 2002 so that might suggest that it was TRW up until Sep 2002???

Any help appreciated,

Iain

Braziliain

I have asked a friend who works as a designer for the VAG if he can help identify when the cluster changed to VDO. I'll post up anything I learn. I also asked for clarification on the difference between H01 / S0001 and H02 / S0002.

I have also bought a comfort module, flip key, key blade, transponder and a copy of VAG Tacho 3.01

Looking forward to having a play at the weekend.

Braziliain

I did my install last night and it all works great.

There are a couple of things I could add to the guide to clarify some of the questions asked on this thread since the guide was written.

1) It is possible to install OEM central locking without using VCDS. I used VAG Tacho to retrieve my immo pin and also used it to program the new key transponder.

2) I matched the firmware specification of my convenience modules. The old one was spec H01 / S0001 and so I replaced it with one with the same spec. Most of those I saw available on ebay were spec H02 / S0002. By matching these codes I didn't need to use VCDS to reprogram the new unit. I just plugged it in and it worked. Here is a side by side photo, with new unit on the bottom.

null_zpscd7ce5b9.jpg

3) If you get this error using VAG Tacho (as mentioned above by harmoniusvalue):

Connecting VDO New...
OK
6Q0920900 KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V11
Check for VDO tacho...
Tacho is VDO! Try to log in... Please wait!
Software Version: VSQX01LM
Password: 0
Check for Seed-Key...
Please Wait....trying to calculate Key
Seed-key mode: 03
Selected ECU Not Found! Try again or Select other ECU!
!!! Access DENIED !!!

Make sure you have the old key which works with the immo in the ignition and just keep trying again, by clicking connect to selected ecu. It is a common problem and eventually you will get 'Access Granted'. It typically took less than 10 attempts for me but more than 2 or 3!

Hope that helps some others. I am loving my new flip key remote. Makes getting the dog in and out of the boot on the lead so much easier!

Edited by Braziliain

StringsOnFire

Well done on getting everything working :)

I won't be much help anymore, haven't owned a Polo in some time, but I would still strongly recommend VCDS too - there's more to it than that. It can diagnose problems, and, in relation to the guide, change settings. You can change settings to match what you had in the previous unit, but this also allows you to add things you didn't, such as auto-locking at 5mph, something most lower spec cars usually go without, or some alarm features if you have one.

P.S. anyone else attempting this, good luck! Please post here for help rather than PM'ing me, I'm not here often!

polum

Brand new guy here...

Thanks for all the useful information I ´d found out in this threat.

I´ve just swapped my old ECU with a new one (Ref 6Q0 959 433 E H01/S0001). No need to Recode because Soft Code was same as previous one.

Follow steps in post #4, and .... My remote is working !!!! :D:D:D

Waiting for Vag Tacho cable to arrive from China to match the new key.

Greetings from Spain !

Dosh

Hi everyone,

I discovered this topic about installing a remote central locking! It is fantastic ! Great topic!

But the only issue for me, is that i have received a VCDS cable without the software, so i downloaded it of the official site, but when i come to step 7 for the adaptation, i need the full licence, but unfortunatly for me, i can't find it on google ?

Can anyone help to find the full licence, so that i can finally finish the job. :D:help::help::help:

matt01

You probably won't find it on google as it's not free you have to buy the software from places such as Ross tech... Which charge £263

Dosh

Quite annoying situation that i'm in then ! What solution could i find without paying that amount?

matt01

Find someone near you with it and get them to do what you want.

You sure you need the full system? There are some cheapish ones out there that can do actuators/configurations etc if that's what your after.

Dosh

Well when i come to step 7 to adapt my key FOB, VCDS Lite tels me that i need the full licence, so i'm a bit stuck :/ And i don't know anyone who has it :/

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.