StringsOnFire

Guide: How To Install OEM Remote Central Locking In A Polo 9N With Original Parts

ShadowmanGR

i found the problem for some of the questions today.

first of all the auto lock and unlock ,and the sound unit to stop working after i take the key out is working now. it was a fuse.

but i got this: when i unlock the car after some time the turn indicators start blinking and if i dont open any door the doors arent locking again.

maybe this happens bcuz i do it with the regular key and not with the remote?

but also i want to mention that i have turned off the blinking options from the adaption.

so any idea why the turn indicators start blinking after i unlock the car for about 8 times and only stops before 8 times or so if i put the key on the ignition and turn it ?

Edited by ShadowmanGR

ShadowmanGR

anyone guys?? bcuz i cant find anything on the net... :/

ShadowmanGR

i figure out the thing with the turn indicators, they started to blink bcuz i didnt open the car with the remote so the alarm wasnt disable. and everything working fine!

and i have another question (if anyone will see this thread.. xD ) does anyone know how the oem alarm system was?

did they use another ECU only for alarm system?

i have found this parts and I'm missing the siren but thats not the problem i can find it. but I'm not sure if thats only what i need.

heres the parts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400624507923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390723612316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281033320007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400582131360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thanks in advance if anyone answer.

Αποτελέσματα αναζήτησης

lasry

Hello!! i bough a polo 9n recently and i'm trying to connect a vagtacho 3.01 (i didn't found the 2.5 version) but is impossible, i tried with so many drivers and nothing. When i try with a program called cleaner by the author of vagtacho it recognised by the program but when i open vagtacho then is like nothing plugged.

I already bought everything, but i can't connect vagtacho to retrieve the pin

Cheers!.

Edited by lasry

Gurinder_25

will this work on a vw polo 9n3 2006?

gw0udm

Just to add to this my own experience, I've also found VagTacho difficult to use and have not been able to extract my PIN with it (mine's a 2005 9N1). From reading around a lot of other people have had similar problems, and it seems very hit and miss (mostly miss!) whether it works. This isn't helped by the fact that the cables on ebay are of somewhat dubious status and only work with an old version of the software. Mine certainly did connect to the ECU and regularly gave 'access denied' errors. I sat there with it for ages trying over and over again as recommended in some places, and twice it got to the 'seed key' stage but then failed again.

I've found it more difficult than I expected to get hold of the PIN from other sources. Several garages have either refused or else quoted what seems like quite a lot of money (70+VAT from an auto locksmith). I have however found a local independent who are quoting a more reasonable £40 so will see if they can do it.

Overall I'd advise anyone planning to do this to assume that it might be hard to get the PIN out and code the key yourself, and so expect to pay someone else to do it or else find a way of extracting the chip from an existing key. I only had one and didn't want to risk it - and in any case I wanted a spare key.

However, everything else works fine and it is a very worthwhile upgrade.

James

designer

Sorry if this is a daft question but how on the earth do you manage to get out the stupid backet/holder that holds the CCU? I removed the air duct and tried pushing it out, tried leavering it out and nothing. It won't budge. Looked at the photos from psynegy and tried sliding it, but just won't budge. Anyone got any tips? Thanks for you help.

designer

I hear there is a locking tab that needs prizing. Where do you get to this from? Is it between the plastic holder and metal plate or do you need to put your hand round the inside of the metal plate? Any suggestions welcome!

acme15

Hi sorry I need clarification because i'm thick :lol:

I have an '02 Polo 9N which doesnt have central locking, I have to unlock/lock each door with the key manually.

Does that mean i'm utterly stuffed and can't fit central locking, remote central locking, third party central locking, thatcham devices or anything? :-(

Noony92

Hi all I know it's an old post but I was wondering if anyone done this to a 9n3 and if they have and they had 6Q1 937 049 D ccm what did you use as your upgrade ccm ?

GibboUK

Hi all I know it's an old post but I was wondering if anyone done this to a 9n3 and if they have and they had 6Q1 937 049 D ccm what did you use as your upgrade ccm ?

All of my posts on here are what I did to my 9N3, you should be fine as long as you get a CCM model listed in the first post. I know mine didn't come off a VW and it was only a 3 door but I was able to get it recoded easy enough.

If you still want to know my old CCM model then let me know and I'll try and dig it out. Chances are though, it will be different anyway as the car specs will be different (2006 vs 2010, door numbers etc).

As I mentioned though, you will probably need help from an autolocksmith to get your transponder copied for your key as VagCom didn't work for me on the 9N3.

Good luck!

Noony92

Hi gibbo

That would be helpful if you could find your old module only as I read that the code is to match at the start 6Q1 937 049 ...

So swapping that for a 6q0 for example wouldn't work in that case but if yours had the 6q1 code and you swapped it for 6q0 then I should be fine :) I've been quoted around £50-70 for a new key

GibboUK

Got my old CCM in front of my now and the code is 6Q0 959 443 H.

Can't remember what I swapped it for though as it was some time ago and is now in my car.

I supplied my own key and transponder and got mine done for £40, so you'd be getting a good price for £50.

As the 9N3 uses an older (in comparison to today) method of security on the immobiliser it doesn't take as long to get the immo code and reprogram new keys, hence the lower price compared to getting a new key for a newer car. That's what the guy I used told me anyway.

The whole job is quite easy once you know what you are doing

Noony92

Just as I feared :( yours being the 6q0 to start with is a straight swap so to say for the one listed in the guide so with mine being a 6q1 I would have to find that models upgrade can I just ask what year your car is and where you found your ccm ?

Thanks Shaun

GibboUK

Most of the users on here to do this modification have done it on a 9N rather than a 9N3, so I would guess it should still be possible?

My car is a 59 plate so mid 2009. I believe it is the model between the 9N and the next generation Polo. It can make it quite difficult at times to get the right replacement parts I've found.

I just got my CCM off eBay. I just searched for the CCM number and there were loads that come up. If I remember it was around £15-20 for the new CCM delivered. Just search for the CCM number as the part can come off any car in the same group i.e. Seat Ibiza etc.

Hope that's of some help :smile:

Noony92

I should have worded that a bit better 🙈 where about on your car did you find you ccm was it up by the clutch or above the accelerator and had the cable to connect the computer plugged in directly ?

GibboUK

It was above the accelerator I think. You need to really get yourself under there, you'll be able to see it easy enough if you have a look around with a torch.

Not sure what you mean about the cable though - sorry!

The CCM is a straight swap over into the existing wiring.

You can connect your computer to the OBD-II port that is just below the shelf beneath the steering wheel if that is what you want to do in order to change the CCM settings. Again though, I had to get the autolocksmith to do this as I couldn't access it with a dodgy cable.

Noony92

The obd port is what I meant it's purple? I'm unsure as to whether to chance it and buy a ccm with different code or to go to a car dealership and see if they have any 2006 vw polos with rcl and check the ccm code haha

Noony92

Right I've just been out upside down in my car looking and I've been looking at the wrong thing (doh) I've found the ccm and the code is 6Q0 959 433 G. (H02 S0002) what was your previous h code ?

GibboUK

Yeah the OBD port is purple. You can use if to communicate between your car and your computer. Mostly used for diagnostics but it is also how you re-code the CCM in ways such as changing the number of doors, if the horn is sounded when locking the car, auto-lock over 5mph etc.

My old CCM is H02/S0002.

Identical to your current one except my 6Q0 code ends in H and not G.

You shouldn't have a problem replacing it with a CCM that has RCL features!

GibboUK

I honestly can't remember - does it say anything in this thread about what other people have done?

I can only imagine I would have tried to get the H02 version though with it being a closer match.

Noony92

A few have mentioned the h02 swap is it a straight swap can you remember or do you have to pair the new ccm to your car ?

GibboUK

Mine was a straight swap. There is an extra unused socket on it though.

You don't pair the CCM to the car (it's plug and play), you just pair your new remote key to the CCM.

Noony92

That will make it 1 million times easier my brothers mate does keys out the back of his van so I'll see how much he charges :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.