Skip to content

Sunday show and shine?

Featured Replies

I have already ordered the trophies for 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th place, but I am happy to order another trophy to give out after the show if everyone wants to have another category?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still confused why theres an award for the best non polo at the POLO show?

should have a clubpolo tug of war,surely a huge rope could be purchased or rented out?

split the volunteers into two teams,and the winning team gets a trophy,which they defend the following year?

or mods vs the people? now that would be entertaining :lol:

I'm gonna take a renault badge with me and go for the non polo award...

might aswell say congrats to Vic for winning another year! :lol:

Aww I feel bad entering the car in the SnS now, don't forget it's been done for over three years now, and there's a load of fresh unseen metal out there. Tis only a bit of fun though ;)

Fancy having a go in the non polo category with my freshly restored bike though!

Edited by Vic

ill be entering mine in but how do i enter as this is my 1st year

Just turn up, park in the SnS area by 11am and get your voting form from the club tent, pay your fiver and Bob's your Mother's brother.

Just turn up, park in the SnS area by 11am and get your voting form from the club tent, pay your fiver and Bob's your Mother's brother.

Nice looking for word to it :D

Jon, there's a best non polo award after last years SnS when some lupos entered :lol: so just to cater to those who want to show off something other than a polo, i'm might be in my rocco at the mo!

  • Author
Right then details are as follows

£5 to enter Show and Shine competition (which all goes back into the club)

Any car can enter though please bear in mind that this is the Polo Show and non polos aren't likely to get many votes

You will need to be parked in the Show and Shine area by 11am and paid your monies to whoever is in the club gazebo and got your voting form, judging will run until 2pm with winners announced at 3.30pm

There are prizes for the Top 5 as well as a prize for best non polo

Got you. Thanks :)

Jon, there's a best non polo award after last years SnS when some lupos entered :lol: so just to cater to those who want to show off something other than a polo, i'm might be in my rocco at the mo!

I'll let them off then :lol:

I'll look out for you then. You'll be the one being closely followed by a fuel tanker yeah? :lol:

Jon, there's a best non polo award after last years SnS when some lupos entered :lol: so just to cater to those who want to show off something other than a polo, i'm might be in my rocco at the mo!

I'll let them off then :lol:

I'll look out for you then. You'll be the one being closely followed by a fuel tanker yeah? :lol:

Ah you know of my rocco then? :lol:

I maybe in it, haven't decided yet, though the rocco is the more tempting option as it gets masses of attention and its easier to camp with due to the massive boot! Least I won't run my battery flat with the stereo like I did last year haha :lol:

I think Neil has a fair point as it seemed that the older cars seemed to take somewhat of a shine last year, I feel the cars should be categorised to make it more of an even playing field

agreed ^^

Jon, there's a best non polo award after last years SnS when some lupos entered :lol: so just to cater to those who want to show off something other than a polo, i'm might be in my rocco at the mo!

I'll let them off then :lol:

I'll look out for you then. You'll be the one being closely followed by a fuel tanker yeah? :lol:

Ah you know of my rocco then? :lol:

I maybe in it, haven't decided yet, though the rocco is the more tempting option as it gets masses of attention and its easier to camp with due to the massive boot! Least I won't run my battery flat with the stereo like I did last year haha :lol:

Back seats out, mattress in. Job done :)

I don't even have a stereo. Was pointless as it was drowned out easily ;)

i'm writing golf on back of mine :)

stresshead this is a car youll want for show and shine lol

*types in random rubbish*

computer says no

If you see mine in the show'n'shine, let me know and i'll shift it.

I'm not bitter,it takes alot of effort to get a 25yo daily to the condition of a five month old GTi weekend car,and its effort i spend elsewhere.

But i look forward to seeing it next to others like mine on the saturday,prior to seeing the finest earlier cars on the sunday.

get it in mikey, mines not show standard by any means. But its a polo so why not!

Should have a daily section. Although being polos i bet 90% are daily's :lol:

We should have our own special person section, those of us who dont 'do' shiny paint, to show and shine :lol:

'Show and cleaned but not quite shiney' competition doesnt really have the same swahh to it though :?

Out of interest, are the cars gonna be judged on the main purpose of show and shine, like decent car shows, points deducted for specks of dirt/left over polish etc etc?? or like the typical arse licking VW shows which are based on which 'looks the best'

I dont think the polo show is that strict though actually, is it???

Its done by the people who put there cars into the show n shine.

You vote for 5 cars (by there numberplates) and you cant vote for your own.

Pretty simple really.

Its got orange peel you can probably strike a match on,its got rust,its got filler,kerb'd alloys,i hit a tree stump recently,i reverse into a pile of hardcore and wood on a daily basis (building a swimming pool),splashed thinners all over the back bumper,and it all shows up when remotely close.

You dont wanna know the state of the engine bay. Come to think of it,neither do i.

There was a 9n3 with Aston Martin brake calipers at the garage today,i was in my other half's immaculate 16month old 14k mile 207sw at the time - that's why mine aint going in no show and shine!

:lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.