Polo 6R (2010) fuse layout?

squelch41

Hi,

My front wipers and washer pump arent working - I assume a fuse has blown but I have no fuse layout card by the fusebox!

Could anyone upload a picture of one so I can look?

I happen to have a 1.6 TDI but I presume the boxes are the same no matter what the engine?

Thanks

squelch41

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• squelch41

• Candy GTI

• Matthew.simms83

• sy6n2tdi

hi,

if there isn't a card near the fusebox, then have a look through the owners handbook it has to be in there.

- hth

The manual only says where the fuse boxes - it says that as they are always being updated, no map is provided in the handbook!

Open the fuse box, there should be a fuse card in there... if there's not, get onto the dealers.

That's fine as long as it isn't raining - then getting to the dealers is a bit tricky :)

Hence why if someone with the card could upload a picture, that'd be great!

I have had the exact same problem on my Polo 2010 yesterday. The front wipers and washer pump are not working.

From looking at the fuse layout's posted they don't seem to point to a single fuse that could have blown.

Also by looking at the fuse box beneath the steering wheel there doesn't seem to be any fuse numbering (although it was very dark when i looked last night).

Need an answer as not easy driving in the snow with no wipers! Phoned my VW garage who were not helpful and could not supply the fuse layout that the manual says they can. They will look at the car as its under warranty, but not for 2 weeks!

Any help welcomed.

Matthew

slysy - Thanks - that's really helpful - will keep a print out in the glove box!

Matthew.simms83 - my wife took our to the VW garage - was a blown fuse (but she doesnt know which one - sorry!) and only took a min or two to fix. I'd suggest you just go down and ask them to look at it! The fuse box does have numbering but it is very small print moulded into the box - look with a good torch and you will see it

squelch41

I have had the exact same problem on my Polo 2010 yesterday. The front wipers and washer pump are not working.

From looking at the fuse layout's posted they don't seem to point to a single fuse that could have blown.

Also by looking at the fuse box beneath the steering wheel there doesn't seem to be any fuse numbering (although it was very dark when i looked last night).

Need an answer as not easy driving in the snow with no wipers! Phoned my VW garage who were not helpful and could not supply the fuse layout that the manual says they can. They will look at the car as its under warranty, but not for 2 weeks!

Any help welcomed.

Matthew

Edited by squelch41

I have fixed my problem. For reference:

Fuse no.2 is the washer pump. This had blown on my car. It was a 10A.

Fuse no.47 is the front wipers. This had not blown, but the systems must be linked and as such wasn't working. This is a 20A.

VW are trying to supply me a fuse layout, if they do I will scan it and post it up

Matthew

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have managed to find out the fuse layout for a 2011 model GTI, I presume the layout is similar for other 6R Polo's.

The full list is in the text file attached to this post

post-92063-1327180378.png

6R_Fuse.text

Edited by foggy69

• 2 months later...

These are the fuses in my 2012 6r Polo GTI

Can someone point out to me the interior lights?

I've looked on the list of fuses and have found all the other lights but not the interiors.

post-100004-1335590320_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

browsing the internet and saw this, assuming you have found the interior light fuse by now but if not it's the mini red ten amp, 5th in from the top left

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest Cosmin

Hello! I have a problema with a Polo 2010,1,2 TSI. The fuse F14 is burning after i start the engine,but not immediatly. After she is burn,the instrument cluster and the engine goes dead. I cant start the engine only if i replace the F14. In the fuse box diagram,it says that she is from srs system,front passenger side airbag and airbag ecu. My question is...why that fuse is stoping the engine is she is for the airbag system? Can you help me with some informations,please?! Thank you!

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, Guest Carl said:

Hi ,

can someone tell me which fuse is for the break lights?