Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

2004 polo bonnet wont open

mr.oogieboogie

hello everyone. the bonnet will not open on my wifes vw polo 1.2 2004 looking under the car i can see the cable with what appears to be a small housing that it sits in hanging down and not attached to anything (bonnet catch side) i have removed the grill but cannot see any way to access the catch. can some one please tell me how to open the bonnet as I'm trying to adjust the gear cables after replacing the clutch. any help would be great

mr.oogieboogie

hello everyone.

well i managed to get the bonnet open but its pretty much impossible from underneath the car if the bracket that the cable sits in has become detached. i wont post how i did it but if someone wants to know pm me

Guest polo 2010 bonnet

Totally stuck, 2010 polo 1600 tdi bonnet release cable broken trying to open bonnet.

I cant see how to trip catch thro polo badge at the front, doesnt seem possible

Does any one know how to open bonnet from outside, been driving with it stuck down for two weeks.

Trying to avoid main dealiers! Would be really grateful for a clue!! Ann