Sign in to follow this  
supercheal

yet another idle problem

supercheal

where do i begin,,, my engine is an NZ

one day my car started to misfire and looked around on CP and thought i should change the blue temp sensor and that has fixed the misfire

but my car runs very low on idle when its on a warm start up and sometimes cuts out. and I'm pretty shure my fan isnt working even though it doesnt overheat?

I'm running without a lambda and the hole welded up and i have had to disconnect the ISV or IVS (under the inlet mani) because then it just runs crap all the time and has no power!

am i right in thinking i should change the rad temp sender to see if the fan will work and maybe think about changing the ISV or would putting the lambda back in help with the ISV?

I'm not complaining that its undriveable, its just becoming an effort having to keep adjusting the throttle and rinsing of petrol.

any help, questions or comments much appreciated :)

and who ever has read through all this is a legend :-D high five to you!

Cymro

Surprised it runs at all, ISV (Idle Stabilisation Valve) so the clue to the idle problem is in the name and with no lambada sensor your MPG must be terrible and engine running poorly so refitting those would be the main priority.

Once those are back in then getting to the bottom of other problems should be easier.

Most of the time all the ISV just needs a good blast/soak with carb cleaner.

TBH id be more inclined to check the distributor for issues.

To test the fan just let the car heat up to the 90 degree mark and it should kick in.

supercheal

it runs because I'm a flukey legend!

i dont think my car has ever reached 90degrees tbh haha

but thats what i thought, the ISV should of made it run better being plugged in! but i have to adjust the throttle accordingly :p

should i clean the ISV with it off the car then? i gave my TB good clean and that helped a bit,

i was going to but the lambda sensor back in asap, its can be ok on fuel sometimes, i got 90miles out of a tenner once ,'cough'

well my dizzy cap is beautifull and clean and the rotor arm seems good nick, what should i look for with the distributor?

thanks alot for your help :)