Leon

The Two wheels thread.

Leon

I know a few of the guys on here are bikers and quite a few of you have had peds etc. so I thought we could have a thread to show each other what we have or had in the past so we can appreciate the fantastical nature of two wheeled vehicles.

I'll start when I was 16 I got a 1988 Vespa PK50.

4 speed manual with approx 1.5hp

top speed 35mph.

vespa.jpg

vespa2.jpg

Sadly it got stolen. only had 2700 miles on it. never traced again.

Edited by leonh

liamcr

I've got a Suzuki RV125 Van Van.

It's 6 speed., Dunno BHP But Top Speed About 60MPH.

33641_477120061973_509926973_6949364_414

Yeti

I haven't ridden a bike properly in quite a long time.

My knocking about transport is one of these

scooty-front.gif

It's a Peugeot Scoot'Elec. It runs on an 18v motor and does about 30mph for 30ish miles. Not fast or cool or anything, but it keeps my hand in and costs bugger all to run (tax and test excempt) and saves paying for parking in town.

I did a bike refresher earlier this year and want to probably have another session then get back on a real bike. I've had a look at a few things and have got it down to a choice between a Honda NTV (I'm a Honda man at heart when it comes to bikes and these are just my style) and a BMW F650 "Funduro" (I did my refresher on one and loved it).

liamcr

They're good nippy bikes, it does about 110 miles to a tank (which is around a gallon), Not bad on country lanes and for ridin round town.

I wouldn't say they were small though

Slacker
I know a few of the guys on here are bikers and quite a few of you have had peds etc. so I thought we could have a thread to show each other what we have or had in the past so we can appreciate the fantastical nature of two wheeled vehicles.

I'll start when I was 16 I got a 1988 Vespa PK50.

4 speed manual with approx 1.5hp

top speed 35mph.

Sadly it got stolen. only had 2700 miles on it. never traced again.

pk was tidy, had scoots since i was 13 now 28 will put pics up later 8-)

buster.g40

Do Quads count in here...

DSC00273-1.jpg

Iscariot

I don't own one yet - but doing a direct access course this summer and i really want one of these 8-)

5355d1160687443-2004-ktm-450-supermoto-s

sideshowfred

I've had some classic scooters before. Left that scene last year though as i just couldn't go fast enough haha

It all started in 2007 with a Vespa PX125 which i took from being standard to this

DSCF0192.jpg

freddothemod2.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

at the time i thought it was really cool, especially as this was my daily whip to college.

Then i saw the error of my ways and bought a Vespa T5 Mk1 which started like this

DSCF0892.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

then slowly changed

910a6fce.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1505.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

then i ended up taking it round Scotland in 2009 looking like this

MeatJohnOGroats.jpg

DSCF1861.jpg

after that tour i took the engine out to put in my project which looked like this

DSCF1995.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

DSCF1993-1.jpg

i then gave it up after deciding i wanted to spend more money and time on my Mk4 Golf Estate. might build another one one day but it's have to be able to do a genuine 90 mph. I got close once, well 85 mph on the sat nav hahaha

effel

If you buy a CA125 willingly you need a psychologist.

Yeti

I wouldn't go that far, but I'd save the big Yank looks until I could have the engine to match.

Mclovin

Been riding and building bikes since I got my puch magnum at about 9 but only got photos of the few I've had over recent years, I lost interest in them once I started driving, also had a couple of mates badly fucked up and killed on them which has really taken the appeal out of them for me :-(

RM125, This was my baby, bought it in a very sorry and blown up state from a mate who just abused it. Fully rebuilt the engine from top to bottom as well as replacing no end of other general shit on it, it was a great track toy and a shit load of fun... It's also the reason my collar bone is slightly modified and have a big scar hiding under my hair :lol:

suzuki-rm125-98-bikepics-235492.jpg

suzuki-rm125-98-bikepics-235491.jpg

A random cub I've had (one of many)

DSC00091.jpg

This is some thing I'm knocking up out of a cub although its come to a standstill atm

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

Not mine thought it was worth chucking up here for a giggle, my mate built it out of a mini moto quad and a 250cc motorbike

Picture023.jpg

:lol:

mikethebike

I have a few bikes, they're more important than polos haha :)

This is my ETZ, she's slow and handles like an old sack of shit but it starts second kick every time.

Mikesbikes2011002.jpg

And this is it at the Manx GP!

MikeMZManx.jpg

This is my 1976 Maico MC 250, it's a lovely wee thing, corners like a dream!

Current state of rebuild:

8B2EF328-orig.jpg

This is it in its built up state,

MaicoPIC.jpg

And this is it kicking up some ROOST

MikeatCarrowdore.jpg

I have a few more bikes, but no more photos to show :)

1988 Honda H100s, my first bike for the road

1986 Honda Vf750f, my bike to replace the MZ as a road bike,

And the 1989 Yamaha TZR 125 which has been done up to race the production 125 class next year!

I like the look of these Honda cubs Mclovin, lets see more!

And Leon that's a shame about that little Vespa, it looked like a fine little machine!

Mike

TomMK3

Suzuki RM80

Aprilia RS50 ( Bored it out to 80)

Aprilia RS125

Yamaha YBR125

Will get some pics up when i'm home, doing my test for my Birthday in February :D

Mike we've chatted bikes before ;)

86C

My 1981 Suzuki ZR50K

Before the resto job...

EbayPoloParts016.jpg

And after I'd spent 11 months of spare time on it...

stuff334.jpg

I also have a 1984 Yamaha RD125LC. I will dig out a pic of it...

mikethebike

Yes! I haven't seen a ZR 50 suzuki before, it looks like a fun little bike!

sorta similar to my H100!

Here she is, i found a pic from my facebook.

It's currently under restoration itself!

5860_1041999870485_1840242467_83418_7100

Slacker
Yes! I haven't seen a ZR 50 suzuki before, it looks like a fun little bike!

sorta similar to my H100!

Here she is, i found a pic from my facebook.

It's currently under restoration itself!

5860_1041999870485_1840242467_83418_7100

i'm planning on doing a bobber with one of these 8-)

how quick is it?

Doogal
This is my ETZ, she's slow and handles like an old sack of shit but it starts second kick every time.

Mikesbikes2011002.jpg

Wow an MZ! My dad had a few of these filling our garden as a kid, they were ETZ-250 race bikes, unfortunately in tatty states and never got round to finishing them properly. NEVER seen an MZ anywhere else though.

MaxVW

This is my '85 DT50.

P1000821.jpg

Had it year and half never got round to doing my CBT. haven't rode it in about 6months :-(

I want a 125 Vespa.

mikethebike
i'm planning on doing a bobber with one of these 8-)

how quick is it?

Man, that is exactly what i did with mine, that pic was from when i first got it. i'll bombard you with pictures information and tips through PM.

Wow an MZ! My dad had a few of these filling our garden as a kid, they were ETZ-250 race bikes, unfortunately in tatty states and never got round to finishing them properly. NEVER seen an MZ anywhere else though.

Yeah man, apparently there was once an MZ on every street corner. They were the poor man's bike coming from the communist East Germany, built to last, and if they ever did go wrong they were an aircooled two stroke and didn't consist of many parts.

Mine is one of the last built, think of it as the Mk2f, facelifted but essentially the same as the rest of the MoonZippers.

This is my '85 DT50.

Had it year and half never got round to doing my CBT. haven't rode it in about 6months :-(

I want a 125 Vespa.

Aww poor effort man, throw your helmet on and give that a couple of kicks and go for a spin!

Leon

Even though my vespa was dog slow I enjoyed riding for the looks I got and was so easy to kick.

I haven't gone back to them since the theft but I wanna go back when I get the cash.

Slacker

my Lambretta

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

My ratty vespa chop

SAM_0002.jpg

SAM_0001.jpg

mates ratty chop i painted (then we built it for under 500 quid in a week!!!)

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

MaxVW

Like the lammy but I just don't get chops? I heard they're horrid to ride too?

Mclovin

Depends how you design them, my mate has done a few and they have been better than an original vespa, but they are hardly amazing to ride in the first place

liamcr

If i hadn't bought my van van i would of bought one of these (Honda Zoomer) cos they're phat, they're only 50cc but the customisation you can do is endless.

honda-zoomer-daytona-chrom-wheel-dio-dis

hondazoomer.jpg

honda-zoomer.jpg

scooter_2.jpg

Mclovin

The customization you can do with any bike is endless, don't restrict yourself to some lame stripped down 50 (most mopeds look like the above once stripped). So just buy an old Honda vision, rip the plastics off and paint it army green for a fraction of of the cost of that.

Edited by Mclovin