Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

question on minilites..

vw_polo_boi

vw_polo_boi

How much would a set of minilites 13s or 15s be brand new? 7j wide? Just not too sure if they suit the 6n2 :/ if anyone has any pics or links to a picture of a 6n2 with minilites?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeyMK

• vw_polo_boi

• Mk2fjake

• heartagram

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right wheels, wrong tyres - minilights are a classic wheel that pull off a fair bit of sidewall, as long as it's slightly stretched. These are a bit skinny, but whilst more width in both the wheel and

Posted Images

Pretty sure i've seen minilights brand new for about £400, but I dont think 13s fit over 6n2 brakes, so would have to be 15s

That needs to go at least 2" lower to pull those wheels off, that arch gap is ridiculous

vw_polo_boi

13's do look abit small!... If u get 15's though wanna be able to go really low still without the rubbing, but I don't think that will happen unless I get 14's but don't think they do minilites in 14's

mark_crox

I think thats the problem.. the wheels don't actually fit properly and stick out too much.. the fact that there is such an arch gap and that you can't go lower because it with hit the tread of the tyre should really tell you something. If they fitted under the arch you could go lower or increase the tyre size slightly to remove the big arch gap

It doesn't look terrible but it does look like the wheels just don't fit... plus I could them as an excuse to be pulled over by police for stop checks! :)

if you want 15s look out for rota rb (so long as they are cheap as the are cheap replicas) black racing do a nice 15" minilite style split rim, usually cost around the £300 mark second hand with tyres, watanabe rs-8 are another good quality copy, theres some other makes which i cant remember the names of, but all are 4x100 and have sensible offsets so fit vws fine. most of them are japanese makes as they were popular on imported mx5s and crxs. make much more sense than trying to fit mini wheels which have stupid offsets

What about image? They do a minilite style wheel but not sure what sizes in

I'm running 13x8J Ally Cats as well speak on my 6n before i replace them soon and the only way to pull it off is to have a bit of stretch and the car has to be on the floor so there is no arch gap, Put it this way I've hat to replace my subframe and full exhaust and have work done to the chassis due to it catches every where.

• 1 year later...
MikeyMK

Right wheels, wrong tyres - minilights are a classic wheel that pull off a fair bit of sidewall, as long as it's slightly stretched. These are a bit skinny, but whilst more width in both the wheel and tyre would be good, the sidewall is my point..

4615498173_2ffe8dcd1a_b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice wheel...but not on a 6n2, car is far too new to pull them off. That'd be the case for the 15's...the 13's will look worse and you have the issues with fitting brakes under them.

post-35910-1325798580.jpg

I have 13s

Looks awful, they look like go kart wheels, far too small for that car. You want at least 14's and some tyre or 15s on that. I don't know why anyone would fit a wheel smaller than stock, you wouldn't put 12s on a MK1-2F would you.

• 7 years later...
Mk2fjake
On 17/04/2013 at 15:34, MikeyMK said:

Right wheels, wrong tyres - minilights are a classic wheel that pull off a fair bit of sidewall, as long as it's slightly stretched. These are a bit skinny, but whilst more width in both the wheel and tyre would be good, the sidewall is my point..

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4615498173_2ffe8dcd1a_b.jpg

What size wheels and tyres are they ?

MikeyMK
4 hours ago, Mk2fjake said:

What size wheels and tyres are they ?

I don't know, but I continued with this ethos, inspired by the european racers of the 60s/70s. Here's my Mini with regular 195x55s from a MK4 Golf or something, but on an 8x15 rim (the rims breach the arches, but the tyre tread tucks, without the tyres looking silly stretched)...

20200423_134251~2.jpg

Mk2fjake
45 minutes ago, MikeyMK said:

I don't know, but I continued with this ethos, inspired by the european racers of the 60s/70s. Here's my Mini with regular 195x55s from a MK4 Golf or something, but on an 8x15 rim (the rims breach the arches, but the tyre tread tucks, without the tyres looking silly stretched)...

20200423_134251~2.jpg

That looks great I was looking to do it with 13x6s on my mk2f but didn't know what profile to go for to fill the arches more its lowered on a 60/40 h&r cup kit and is now settled so wont get any lower