Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

bjblyth's 9n3 TDI

bjblyth

Only just got some pics of my car, which I picked up on 10th December!

I washed it for the first time yesterday so it looks the best I've seen it! No modifications yet but I'll slowly make minor adjustments and update in here with photos. :)

To get the results below I used;

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

Meguiars Glass Cleaner

Meguiars Supreme Shine Interior Spray

Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax

As you can see in pic 4, the reflection from the bonnet is pretty good! All pics taken on iPhone 4S.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Edited by bjblyth
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjblyth

• LiamMk6Polo

• rouletwilson

• Dirtbiker525

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks, really want a Bluemotion Grill and GTi headlights - also got my eye on some GTi springs to drop it 15mm!

Plan to eventually stick it on 16" VW Beetle Steelies too.

First mod is a simple one, changing the door pillars to glossy ones so each side looks like one continuous sheet of glass!

Going to debadge the boot and desticker the rear window, may install fog lights too...

Will post pics in here as I go :)

Edited by bjblyth
  • 2 weeks later...

Now have some solid plans:

- GTi Springs with Lupo spring seats (will give me 25mm lowerage)

- Audi Pepperpots

- Glossy b-pillars

- Debadged rear

- Bluemotion Grill

- GTi headlights

- Fog Lights

- Sunglasses holder where drivers side grab handle goes

And I'm sure this list will get longer! Watch this space :)

Edited by bjblyth

So I spent 5 hours washing, polishing and waxing yesterday.

Did this in between the wash and the polish...

f036316d.jpg

Obviously there's no residue left! ;)

Hair dryer for about 30-60 seconds per letter.

Credit card to prise it away from the paint and then white spirit to remove any residue left. Followed by polishing the whole panel and it looks ace now!

:D

Yeah I heard that works but did this easily without floss and no scratching here :)

Going to clean up my new pepperpots this weekend and start thinking about some tyres ;)

rouletwilson

I used some pure alcohol to take off the left over sticky shizz, works well on cleaning glass aswell!

Car looks good mate! Need mine to be this shiny!

So my new addition arrived this morning but I'm in London so it won't be fitted until Thursday...

Will upload pics when it's done!

Been to the new M&M's store in Leicester Square today and was really tempted to pick up some plush M&M'S cushions for in the back... Here until tomorrow so still might!!!

Such a shiny car mate!!! :) done well. Cant wait to see how you get on.

Lol I'm just collecting parts at the moment! Got my GTi springs, got my Audi Pepperpots, going to order my glossy b-pillars soon and then just need tyres for the wheels and to get everything on the car!

Hi mate I would get some cheap coilovers as I have -35mm springs on my GTI and there is still loads of arch gap :biggrin:

Apart from that nice to see it being looked after! Black is a right pain to keep clean.

LiamMk6Polo

Good plans. Maybe you should get some coiliies instead of springs as they will eventually mess up your standard shocks and like above^^ the arch gap will still be big? There £175 (cheapest of Phil on here) and go as low as you wont as well as being adjustable. IMO, but hey its your car. Much love <3 xx :p

Here we go...! Sorry for iPhone pics at dusk - doesn't provide amazing quality but you can see the new mods!! lol

Union Oil '76' Aerial Topper - an original one from whenever they first dished them out in USA - no cheap replicas here!!!

Official Disney Store Kermit The Frog to guard the parcel shelf - amazing how hard these seem to be to get hold of! Bought mine on Oxford Street yesterday and the store only got stock that morning after sell out 3 weeks ago, and there were only 3 left at about 2.30pm! Guess this means there won't be many in the back of Polos so decided that's where he'll sit!

0946cafe.jpg

389988cc.jpg

00e64c8e.jpg

I'm also thinking about getting glossy pillars! It'll look brilliant. Are you going to get glossy pieces where the mirror is connected to the body too?

I'm also thinking about getting glossy pillars! It'll look brilliant. Are you going to get glossy pieces where the mirror is connected to the body too?

Ooh I didn't know you could! But yes quite possibly if they're available! Hoping to order my pillars next week!