doyler

6n2 headlight washers jets and auto headlight adjustment on 6n

doyler

Hi guys was just wonder if the the 6n2 gti washer system could be made fit my 6n2 fronted 6n and be full working also like to fit a 6n2 gti auto levelling sensor to my 6n so my gti xenons will be fully legal just want to know is it possible what way does the above work on a 6n2 gti and what's the best way to go about it ???

Thanks if advance Kevin

doyler

Someones bound to know it's possible ???

doyler

anyone any help would be great lol

doyler

Anyone have any clue on dis

doyler

if any 1 has any idea on his would be very helpfull

dixy

Yes but you would need all , If not most of the loom. Plus the sensors and the washer bottle pipes etc.

As to it be "legal" not to have the leveling is a highly debated subject and tbh if you didn't have them fitted it wouldn't make a difference it terms of the law.

They say "you need auto leveling" but until they produce a universal system that can be fitted to any car with HID's, then this rule is not goig to work.

doyler

Dixy what all exactly do I need for the auto levelling and washer jets to work as they should how many sensors is the as far as I know the is 1 at the rear axle

nige8021

The Auto leveling system relies on a sensor in the passenger door, and that feeds to the level adjustment motors in the headlights, the washer system would be easy to install, you would need the bigger washer bottle, the extra high pressure pump and the control relay, that takes a signal from the headlights being ON and the front washers being selected this will then energise the relay and the high pressure pump will then power out the washer jets

dixy

Yes, as far as I know there is only one sensor at the rear, and iirc the harness conneccts to where te headlight adjuster on the switch would go, and then if you had the 7 pin plugs for the headlights already then it should be okay, if not then you will need to connect there wires from each light to the multi connector near the radiator. I'm sure someone on hear can help you out with a wiring diagram.

doyler
The Auto leveling system relies on a sensor in the passenger door, and that feeds to the level adjustment motors in the headlights, the washer system would be easy to install, you would need the bigger washer bottle, the extra high pressure pump and the control relay, that takes a signal from the headlights being ON and the front washers being selected this will then energise the relay and the high pressure pump will then power out the washer jets

You sure the auto leveling sensor it in the pass door was told by a few people it was on back axle

And a member on here was breaking 1 and striped the sensor form the rear axle ? ? ?

You need it will be job 2 wire the auto leveling ?

nige8021

You sure the auto leveling sensor it in the pass door was told by a few people it was on back axle

And a member on here was breaking 1 and striped the sensor form the rear axle ? ? ?

You need it will be job 2 wire the auto leveling ?

Hi, I got the idea the sensor was in the door from the parts listing, but on the diagrams it,s listed as being "on rear left luggage compartment" looking at the diagrams it would be quite straight forward to install, it will also need an input from the speedo sensor and connecting to the diagnostics connector.

1) 6N0907503 self-levelling susp. sensor

Edited by nige8021

doyler

my car is a 96 polo will that effect anything ???

Edited by doyler

nige8021
my car is a 96 polo will that effect anything ???

The only thing will be the fuse numbers you will have to transpose them to the 96 fusebox, the speed sensor input can be picked up direct from the sensor on the gearbox and the diagnostics there is a terminal block on the top of your (96) fusebox so you can connect it to that, the only thing is where isthe sensor actually fitted? as there wont be any bracket work in the door to fit the sensor to, there is no mention in Elsawin as towhere the sensor is fitted?

doyler

i spose i could fit it to the door ??? would that work ? so i all i need to do is wire the sensor to the headlight loom and the speedo sensor

nige8021
i spose i could fit it to the door ??? would that work ? so i all i need to do is wire the sensor to the headlight loom and the speedo sensor

I would think fitting it into the door would be the harder place to fit it, but it would make more sense for it to be there as that would be around the centre of the rotation of the car (pitching up & down) and so give the best results.

I would try and find a definate location for the unit, someone on here must have a 6n2 with discharge lights and the auto leveling system to find the location for certain?

doyler

I would think fitting it into the door would be the harder place to fit it, but it would make more sense for it to be there as that would be around the centre of the rotation of the car (pitching up & down) and so give the best results.

I would try and find a definate location for the unit, someone on here must have a 6n2 with discharge lights and the auto leveling system to find the location for certain?

m_maybury said it was on the rear axle he was the one that was selling me the parts i have sent him an pm just to be sure

nige8021

m_maybury said it was on the rear axle he was the one that was selling me the parts i have sent him an pm just to be sure

Just seems strange that Etka shows it in the door, yet elsawin diagrams mention rear luggage area? normally the thing on the rear axle is the brake pressure relieving valve?

doyler

Just seems strange that Etka shows it in the door, yet elsawin diagrams mention rear luggage area? normally the thing on the rear axle is the brake pressure relieving valve?

3e132442-d5b5-45bb-bbd9-c06f03cf5169.jpg

fd282be0-370e-4ca9-aaf3-e9417068d0bf.jpg

999d8287-7756-493b-b4f4-a76ff3d54220.jpg

that is the pictures that m_maybury sent me of the sensor i pm'd him and ask him were it was on the car

nige8021

Just looking at the crud on it, it must of been somewhere other than inside a door panel!

harris.racing

It would be on a suspension arm or beam id imagine.

More load on rear = lower = drop headlights

doyler
It would be on a suspension arm or beam id imagine.

More load on rear = lower = drop headlights

would the ride height effect the the sensor ??? like i mean if my car was really low it wouldn't effect the headlights n a negative way ????

nige8021

I found this in the workshop manual section in elsawin, it states the sensor is on the left side of the rear axle, but in the how to remove the rear axle there is no mention of?? and you thought Haynes manuals were bad!!

Self-diagnosis of automatic headlight range control

General description:

To prevent dazzling oncoming traffic, vehicles with gas discharge lights must be equipped with headlight range control.

The headlight range control (HRC) maintains the inclination angle of the dipped beam constant, even when the inclination of the vehicle changes due to the vehicle loading.

There is an automatic headlight range control installed in Polo vehicles which comprises of the following components.

t The left gas discharge light control unit -J343-, the right gas discharge light control unit -J344- and the control unit for headlight range control -J431-.

t The rear left vehicle level sender -G76-.

t The left headlight range control motor -V48- and the right headlight range control motor -V49-.

The vehicle level sender is located on the rear axle on the left-hand side of the vehicle → Running gear , front and four-wheel drive; Rep. Gr.42.

Therefore, the “basic setting” sequence must be carried out to adjust the headlights → Booklet28.

If an electrical fault occurs in the automatic headlight range control whilst driving, the headlights will remain in this position. When the ignition is switched on again the control motors will move the headlight beams to the lowest position. This will alert the driver that there is a fault.

The self-diagnosis must be initiated at the start of fault finding and the stored information read. The fault information displayed is used in conjunction with a fault table which has information on the possible fault causes for pin-pointed repair measures.

If you have lowered suspension I doubt if the sytem would react much! as there is so little suspension travel, there are setup proceedures to do with Vagcom, I imagine this would involve setting the sensor at a weight on wheels then with a beam setter ensuring the lights do move up & down for the corresponding movement in the axle??

doyler

so obviously i would need to put it in same place as a 6n2 gti the make the sensor loom join the headlight loom and the speedo sensor is that right

nige8021
so obviously i would need to put it in same place as a 6n2 gti the make the sensor loom join the headlight loom and the speedo sensor is that right

yes new loom from under the rear seats and then splice it into the headlight loom (7 pin connector) and pick up the speedo sensor from the gearbox, then there is some adaptation needed with Vagcom, I doubt if the required mounting holes will be on the axle and the body to mount the sensor!!

doyler

yes new loom from under the rear seats and then splice it into the headlight loom (7 pin connector) and pick up the speedo sensor from the gearbox, then there is some adaptation needed with Vagcom, I doubt if the required mounting holes will be on the axle and the body to mount the sensor!!

can i not just use my existing speedo sensor