shaun

Air filter, polo 6n2

shaun

Can any one help me on how too change the standered air filter in a 1.4 petro 6n2 polo too an anouther one I have, a custom better one?? Cheers, Shaun

raikky

aftermarket ones can be expensive. like 40 quid for a jetex. i havbe a 6n2 tdi and my filter is accessed from below the wheel arch but I'm sure on a petrol its from the bonnet just follow the piping from the intake manifold and somewhere along there theyl be a black box with a filter in it surely

scousa

undo the two bolts on the engine cover and uclip the cover from the rear mounting points and throttle body

the two filters are underneath in the boxes either side of the throttle body connection

What sort of air filter do you have? Aftermarket panel filters, cone filters or an induction kit?

Leon

also 8v and 16v have different attachments.

woolley456

the air filter is directly behind my driver's side fog light :x

Leon

The TDI and SDI are down by the fog lights the 8v ones are underneath the engine cover and the 16v is a separate airbox but you still need to remove the four allen bolts from the engine cover.

CharlieShooter

It's not a straight forward process compared to any other vehicle I have ever worked on.  I made this video to help others out who may be struggling:

Hope it helps!