charmin6n

6n Rat

erixtar1992

COMMENT

MikeyMK

Some of that car still has good old British natural patina. The sides and back.

But the roof, centre caps, and front have been tampered with, bleaching out the patina.

The ironic thing about forcing rat, is that in doing so, you actually remove the patina that characterizes the car and makes it genuinely ratty.

Jonnyboi

*Throws Comment*

*Missed*

tumblr_maxbhhRdLZ1rw1b5ro1_400.gif

timbaker

I don't see anything wrong with Ratting a 6n. they're not rare or particularly desireable on the most part, and its one way of getting creative with a motor without spending much cash. And rat cars ALWAYs get a reaction.

Go for it mate, looks utterly ridiculous, and thats exactly the point of rat cars.

Le catweasel
Go for it mate, looks utterly ridiculous, and thats exactly the point of rat cars.

no it isnt....

Jonnyboi
its one way of getting creative.

:lol: :lol:

Every purpose rat car looks the same,

ERRMERGERD RURSTEE BONERT

chubby353

propper rat

rolandoz1.jpg

seanvw

What a skip!!!! What is the point

Steve_polo
What a skip!!!! What is the point

cry for attention.

dam088888

Dont put much on this forum cos I think that most of you all seem to be bellends. Never see many nice comments on peoples cars justvdick heads saying your cars shit stop using the bandwidth. If its that shit dont comment on it then cos your wasting the bandwidth. I've not looked though reader rides at any of your cars (the bellends that is) so if you haven't posted a thread do it and lets take the piss out of your cars

jamiedub

Could class mine as rat ;) ...

Bit rough round the edges but striahgt and goes well

Le catweasel
I've not looked though reader rides at any of your cars (the bellends that is) so if you haven't posted a thread do it and lets take the piss out of your cars

help yourself :lol:

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?...=285293&hl=

*edit* dont own the bready anymore

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=297250

il tell you now though - you wont find a fault i cant tell you myself ;)

and if you want something else to talk about iv even got a heap of shit bmw 8-)

Edited by Tramp

MikeyMK
Dont put much on this forum cos I think that most of you all seem to be bellends. Never see many nice comments on peoples cars justvdick heads saying your cars shit stop using the bandwidth. If its that shit dont comment on it then cos your wasting the bandwidth. I've not looked though reader rides at any of your cars (the bellends that is) so if you haven't posted a thread do it and lets take the piss out of your cars

Perhaps if you did look in the galleries you'd find most comments are positive. Fail.

Also, this topic is about a car which has been deliberately damaged, then a call for comments from all sides has been given, good or bad. Second fail.

But if you wanna create a topic where we all sit in a circle and hug eachother no question then great, could be interesting.

jamiedub

Shut up mikey, your cars not even lowered or rat or sleeper its standard.. Joke x;)

Class urs and andy's as the more sleeper cars on the forum ..

L367 KVT

i been doing my 86c in a rat style look, and i know most dont like but fack em, everyone dose what they prefer, i a fan of polos and think they look good, but when you a bit of boy racer and like messing with cars and your drivin a clapped out banger, then rat is the only way to go, especially while the worlds money issues are fackt, why waste money restoring it to better than show room condition when you could just go buy a brand new polo GTI or golf, GTI/R32/R or a passat R36, and then have a proper nice car that will piss all over some punny polo unless you have the 1.8t version that may stand a chance. you were right to rat fella, hell to what anyone else thinks with there comments, cos most prop ment it, not joking.

I spent over ten grand on my 6n2, it still got pissed all over by most cars, and some liked it some dint, comments i most got were, ITS A GIRLS CAR THO AINT IT MATE, and IF you WANT A PROPER VW BUY A GOLF AND STOP WASTING you MONEY ON THAT.

just saying, all modded cars look pretty much same slammed, respray, retrim, shiny bits round engine bay, odd body kit or smoothing here or there.

I have wasted over 90k on cars, i know this because i inherited it, now in dept and drive round in a shit mk3 polo that falling to bits, i painted it by hand with blackboard paint ect, so f in what, just think could of bought a REAL car instead of wasting time on piss slow common day cars, could of bought a real classic like a E type, and still had change.

Le catweasel

so because you wasted all your money it means that a chalkboard polo is better than a clean one?

matt-c

Hahaha! The human race doesn't stand a chance with people like you (2 comments above)

You inherited 90k and now your in debt because you wasted it on cars? I'm confused how anyone could physically do that.

Also all modified cars are the same, please go into detail.

Moral of the story rat a car because its well cool and its cost effective when you've blown all your money in halfords.

EDIT: thought I'd be polite

Edited by matt-c

1984breadvan

BURN IT!!! it hurts my eyes

L367 KVT
I don't see anything wrong with Ratting a 6n. they're not rare or particularly desireable on the most part, and its one way of getting creative with a motor without spending much cash. And rat cars ALWAYs get a reaction.

I am with you there fella, its a mk4 polo, it aint and never will be a classic icon like mk2 golf ect, and rat is basically anything that aint concourse. i think it looks ok fella, respect for doing what you felt like doing.

Mayney

shall not lie, some of the comments on this thread are not needed, at the end of the day its his car and he might have done it all by choice, or he could be making the most of his budget, I'm not trying to say that i love the car, but "what a skip" and other etc, would you say it to the owner IRL.

For me personally, the car isnt my culpa tea, but its his so deal with it.

PS, a wide set of shiny wheels would look good on this IMO.

L367 KVT
Hahaha! The human race doesn't stand a chance with people like you (2 comments above)

You inherited 90k and now your in debt because you wasted it on cars? I'm confused how anyone could physically do that.

Also all modified cars are the same, please go into detail.

Moral of the story rat a car because its well cool and its cost effective when you've blown all your money in halfords.

EDIT: thought I'd be polite

Halfords, sorry mate demon tweaks mainly, all top end stuff available for 6n2 ect, top of range coilovers ect, grand on just a dvd player for instance. so whats diff between a modded 1.6 civic and a modded 1.6 golf, you take a standard show room car, and spend money on engine bits, suspension, ect. Whats hard to understand about that. a modified car is a modified car, its not factory spec is it, The word MODIFIED sort of sums that up pretty easilly dont it, what ever make or model, its NOT standard. when you can just buy a car that was originally design to be a performance car, EVO, SCOOBY ect.

Well not completely on cars, houses and kids cost money too. Point i making is if this fella decides RAT his car then thats opinion, if you dont like rat then dont comment, there is plenty of rat cars out there so plenty do it, i remember seein a nice mk3 golf in fastcar few yrs back that was delib RATTED, and a rx7, they got 3-4 page spreads, some people like rat, some people like concourse, some people mental body kits, people do as they like, so who as the right to slag people off for there choices, i like heavy metal, you may like RnB, but thats peoples tastes, were all individual, and like some else said its a mk4 polo, loads in scrap yards, it aint an iconic car and never will be, nor is any other version of the polos if i honest, they will always be the litte brrother to the golf, the car that set the hole hot hatch seen on fire yrs ago, an yes my st24 is no classic either, but it is the original ST badged ford, before all the fiestas and focus's.

As a vw fan and someone who like polos cos they look nice even standard as normal everyday cars, i can still honestly say polos have never done anything for the car world.

Lad on here with a cracking green polo from leek area, id love have my polo in mint con like that but its not, because i saved a mk3 from scrap yard for 300 quid, with many faults such as headlights that dont work ect that still need fixing, its a run around that gets me back and too to work, thats all it is, i a car nut, not wasting money spraying this up, when i can get a nice mk4 golf/6n2 gti ect and mod that, in a tasteful manor, not rat because it will be a car worth spendin money on, such as a lot of other nice lookin polos on here, but seems most just slag off rat cars, i aint spendin money on nice set of rims when the car cost half of what rims would cost, its pointless, it aint a icon splitter thats worth a full re build from ground up, its a POLO, its a shed, may as well make it look even more shit because it will never sell for any good money, next place for my polo is the crusher, my lad likes it cos he can draw on it, it suits its purpose. END OF.

TomSBrookes

So nowadays Rat look is a polo 6n with a rusty roof that's been bodged back together after a crash?

The hot rod scene would be proud

samuelj

There are many differ types of 'rat'

Patina'd

Drift tramp

Hood ride (what this is IMHO)

Abused

etc...

You guys like ratted cars enjoy two of my cars =]

IMG_20120916_WA0000_1988068265.jpg

550217_10151097420088848_396509448_n.jpg

Haters gonna Hate....

Edit: Both cars are pushing well over their standard BHP, Both have cost me next to nothing, I spend all my money on my house, building a 6 car garage and restoring a 1970's Ferrari 246, but still wanted to have FUN modifying a car...

And i have had a lot of fun!! and best of all i don't have to worrie about a scratch, or if someone dings it etc... Have to reiterate, i have had fun doing that! lots of fun =]

Cheers!

Edited by samuelj

TomSBrookes

Pictures of the Ferrari please :)

samuelj

ok its not a real ferrari, but an unknown replica

its will be running a toyota 2jzgte with a single turbo....

piccy053.jpg