Sign in to follow this  
stu-polo6n

pics please

stu-polo6n

hi all,

i have a polo mk3 86c coupe and am in the middle of a valver conversion, (was a shell when i got it, no engine box suspension etc etc etc)

after pics of 14'' wheels and exhausts, thinking of a 4x3inch oval as theres already a hole for it,

all pics and advise/ suggestions welcome,

thanks for looking,

pics of mine so far,

before i got it (before it was stripped)

DSC00148_zps0448f434.jpg

DSC00149_zpsef07c648.jpg

pics of now and during the build,

IMG00047-20120309-1807_zpsa82f0e2a.jpg

IMG-20120102-00362_zpsc813919a.jpg

IMG00193-20120619-1449_zpsb8b3a228.jpg

2012-11-21-093_zps466c072e.jpg

2012-11-21-098_zps7e065c0f.jpg

2012-11-21-095_zpsbee9bae4.jpg

2013-01-20-156_zps68b822c6.jpg

your turn :-D

Mclovin

Please tell me your keeping the colour? Looked really nice in the before pics. Is that bod boy bonnet gonna be making an appearance on the finished car too? not something you see too often these days but nothing wrong with a bit of 90's chic :thumbsup:

Here's my mk2 on 14" RH cups

IMAG1504.jpg

IMAG1604.jpg

Bit out dated now but a pic of the bay too :wink:

IMAG0759.jpg

Edited by Mclovin

stu-polo6n

oh yes keeping the colour and its a badboy extension yeah, ordered from germany and welded on another bonnet, also got audi a4 door handles, thought i'de do them as no one does anymore make it abit different always loved half smoothed boots and audi handles on them,

got bike carbs on order aswell :-D,

your mk2 is nice loving the dish, did you have any problems running standard management on the valver engine? mine just seems to want to burn a ignition live wire and cant figure out why as i've got all the wiring from the valver donor car, including barrel, immob, ecu, fuse box etc

my mate stripped it and the stefans are on his g40 so wanting different to his

Mclovin

If your burning the ignition wire (do you mean one from the coil?) you have the wrong plug plugged into the coil. I had the same issue the first time I did mine. There are two plugs in the 6n engine bay wiring that are exactly the same, one is for the coil and the other is for something else (never bothered looking into what tho) and with the wrong one on the cool it melts the wire when the ignition is switched on. Pretty sure bret (moustacheG40) had the same problem when doing his conversion the other week too, very easy mistake to make :thumbsup:

Will be nice to see a kinda 90's inspired mk3 again, its just not something that gets done but works really well when done to a good standard. Looking forward to seeing this done 8-)

Le catweasel

my old mk3 16v, 14x7 rsl cults and i dunno what size the exhaust was sorry :lol:

254890_10150317287293572_577313571_97681

andypandy
254890_10150317287293572_577313571_97681

DUDE SUM1 STOLE you are DOOR HANDELZ!

Renegade440

^^ Love that car! If you look closely at the B Pillars you can see a little silver button which from memory was a door popper

stu-polo6n

thanks for the advise on the wiring, to be honest i've ripped all the wiring out and ordered bike carbs :-D

thats polos sweet, change of pants required...

Le catweasel
^^ Love that car! If you look closely at the B Pillars you can see a little silver button which from memory was a door popper

it was :thumbsup:

B-shaw

A dickhead for selling it he was!

Le catweasel

fuck off :lol:

stu-polo6n

all bike carb bits ordered, net week for fitting :-)