Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

6n aftermarket central locking help

the car already has manual c/l installed so i would like it to be remotely operated. i I'm just getting this ready to fit and i am unsure on where some of the wires might go. the main one i am confused on is the one circled in red I'm reading this as both a positive and negative which doesn't make sense to me

useless instructions below

IMG_0986_zpsa8146cb7.jpg

the main unit diagram

IMG_0985_zps5d826fd4.jpg

and the trigger for the c/l (confusion in red)

3f9684ed-042a-435a-bbb0-deaec7c9c215_zps

any help would be grand cheers graham

Edited by mulletyo
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mulletyo

• Cymro

• nige8021

• morfej

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would help if the instructions actually made sense. :lol:

The symbol donates an earth but the instructions say its a positive....but that is for a car using a positive locking system.

which way is your unlock wired? to earth or pos?

It would help if the instructions actually made sense. :lol:

The symbol donates an earth but the instructions say its a positive....but that is for a car using a positive locking system.

which way is your unlock wired? to earth or pos?

i took the remote locking back out so its no longer wired stall will i made more sense of it i am going to try and able where everything goes ha ha can you give me any pointers?

from what i can gather you would need to work out if the stock system uses a negative or positive signal to unlock and lock.

Then splice into the system accordingly.

Ie if the 6n uses a negative signal to unlock you would use the first one, if positive the second, if it uses a bit of both then the 3rd.

Thats the best i can work it out with out seeing the car and the kit

from what i can gather you would need to work out if the stock system uses a negative or positive signal to unlock and lock.

Then splice into the system accordingly.

Ie if the 6n uses a negative signal to unlock you would use the first one, if positive the second, if it uses a bit of both then the 3rd.

Thats the best i can work it out with out seeing the car and the kit

would it help if i posted up a pic of the unit and the wiring into the pump ?

nige8021

Connect the YELLOW & YELLOW/BLACK wire from the remote unit to the RED/WHITE wire on the pump pin 1

Connect the WHITE wire from the remote unit to the GREY/BLACK wire on the pump pin 10

Connect the WHITE/BLACK wire from the remote unit to the GREY/RED wire on the pump pin 7

Edited by nige8021
Connect the YELLOW & YELLOW/BLACK wire from the remote unit to the RED/WHITE wire on the pump pin 1

Connect the WHITE wire from the remote unit to the GREY/BLACK wire on the pump pin 10

Connect the WHITE/BLACK wire from the remote unit to the GREY/RED wire on the pump pin 7

cheers i will give this a bash when i finish work :D

nige8021
just wired this in and it doesnt seem to be doing buch the cl unit is clicking like it should but not much else is going on :S

Do you have a multimeter? if you do select it to resistance range/continuity and disconnect the four wires (yellow, yellow/black, white, white/black) but leave the main power and ground on your new cl box, then connect the meter leads to the yellow wire and the white wire and you should have zero resistance/continuity each time you press the OPEN/UNLOCK button on the remote, then connect to the yellow/black and the white/black and this time you should get zero resistance/continuity when you press the CLOSE/LOCK button

just wired this in and it doesnt seem to be doing buch the cl unit is clicking like it should but not much else is going on :S

Do you have a multimeter? if you do select it to resistance range/continuity and disconnect the four wires (yellow, yellow/black, white, white/black) but leave the main power and ground on your new cl box, then connect the meter leads to the yellow wire and the white wire and you should have zero resistance/continuity each time you press the OPEN/UNLOCK button on the remote, then connect to the yellow/black and the white/black and this time you should get zero resistance/continuity when you press the CLOSE/LOCK button

i couldn't find a multimeter in the house but i know i have one

but i did find one of these(http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=7229&productdescription=&productcode=&category=6&catgroup=160&catmicrogroup=1354&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16) and it allowed me to find what each pin uses and sent a positive or negative signal to each pin and find out what they do pin no 7 (red/grey) did nothing, a signal to 10 (grey/black)only opens the doors but a positive or negative will open or close the doors with pin no 4 (black/red)

nige8021

This is the genuine VW diagram for the key operated central locking

6NcentralLocking_zpsbdd79f2b.jpg

F59 & F114 are the door lock switches & V69 is the pump unit

So if you follow the connection on pin 1 of the switches it goes to pin 7 of the pump, when it makes contact with pin 2 (+12v) of the switch (CLOSE/LOCK) it then supplies +12v to pin 7 of the pump which is the CLOSE/LOCK signal for the pump and the when the switch is selected to OPEN/UNLOCK pins 2 & 3 make contact and send +12v to pin 10 of the pump

Inside your new remote locking box are two sets of relays one with the solid colour wires and the other with the black tracer(yellow/black etc) On the remote box I have the YELLOW & YELLOW/BLACK are the common connections to these relays and the WHITE & WHITE/BLACK are the normally open contacts of the relays so that when you either LOCK or UNLOCK a +12v is sent out on the WHITE or WHITE/BLACK wires the same way as the normal door switches do

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...