olie93

Cruise Control Retrofit Guide For VW POLO 9N/9N3

olie93

Hi,

I fitted my cruise control to my 9n3 TDI over the weekend. I looked around for a guide but was unable to find a complete guide that was written in English, so i thought of writing this one.

Remember cruise control can only be fitted if the control units serial number starts with 6Q0 or 6Q1. This is in the drivers foot-well in the right if you want to check.

The stalk & wiring loom can be brought from here.
With MFD or Without MFD. There products can also be found on this website electritech.co.uk

Firstly i had to remove the dashboard. This is because one of the plugs you need to add a pin too is plugged into the bulkhead. Others have said that they have managed to do this with extra long nose pliers. Others have suggested wiring it straight into the ECU.
If you need help removing the dash a guide can be found here http://www.pimpowski.de/armaturenbrett_aus...n_pimpowski.htm
The guide is in German but you can get a good idea by just translating the text & looking at the pictures.

After you have removed the dashboard the car will look something like this

59e9dafad3818_9ncc1.jpg.26a79bc4a4eaff79b7a7493d77bafd9c.jpg

The next step is to insert the pin into the plug on the bulkhead. This plug can be found where the arrow is pointing too on the picture above.

When you have located the the plug you will need the pull the metal slide out to release the plug. Once you have pulled this out you will need to push down the clip and pull the plug out.

59e9db2d0ce26_9ncc2.jpg.1c9eb9ee236d874d5bab38131adaa69a.jpg

Once you have removed the plug you need to put the pin in. The pin on the wiring loom is the long one that is on its own. This needs to be put onto pin 11. That pin is the pin on the picture above with the grey wire in that is pulled the other way. To get the pin in you will need slide the purple bit on the bottom to unlock the pins. When you have put the pin in move the purple bit back, put the plug back in the bulkhead & then put the metal slide across.

Next you need to put the pins into the steering wheel stalk connector. This can be seen below.

59e9db6861d4f_9ncc3.jpg.4c8adac970073e4a109fd0b56097dd89.jpg

This is where the other wires with pins go. They should be numbered 26 to 31. If the wires aren't numbered but are different colours the list below will tell you what colours the pins relate to

PIN 26 - white
PIN 27 - red
PIN 28 - black
PIN 29 - white
PIN 30 - yellow
PIN 31 - blue

This connector has three levels. The wires need to go into the middle level. The pins are numbered. You can see where they need to go from the picture above. You may need to remove the plastic cover around the connector. This should just un-click from underneath and slide out side ways.

When you have done that you need to plug the plastic connector on the wiring loom into the module in the drivers foot-well. This is on the right hand side. It should only fit in one hole.

59e9db937b2b7_9ncc4.jpg.9235b5143bf4711b09dddb06b95d0b8d.jpg

if you are having trouble finding the right socket it is socket XS3.
screenshot20130302at125.png

You should now have one wire left. This should be a wire with nothing on the end of it. This wire needs to be soldered to the wire coming from the back of fuse 4. This should be a black and blue wire. You need to splice this and solder the last wire to it. DON'T CUT THE WIRE!!

59e9dbb4670ac_9ncc5.jpg.c26970ae916c1c9cf3645dcfc5706d58.jpg

Once you have done that you are good to reassemble the dashboard.

Once reassembled you will need to activate cruise control using VAG-COM

[select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

That should be it. My cruise control light doesn't seem to light up when cruise control is on, but it does work. Remember cruise control doesn't work in neutral or 1st gear. You also need to be doing over 30kph.

The original German guide is attached to the post

Hope it helps smile.gif

Check out my other guide on Fog Light Retrofit.

Oliver

Original_Cruise_Control_Guide__German_.pdf

Edited by nige8021
Pictures replaced
  • Like 1

mark_crox

Cheers for putting this up!! :)

olie93
Cheers for putting this up!! :)

No worries :). Hopefully it will help some people

Joshtfield

My dad said he had one fitted on his golf and they cut a cable and added the stalk and joking it to the cable, I know now that was bull! Haha!! Thinking of doing this on my 9n3 gti

olie93

Go for it! :)

stephenferguson

Great guide, really wanting to do this to my 9n gt tdi, I just need to know if i have the correct convenience module, could you point me in the right direction to check this,

regards

Stephen.

olie93

Great guide, really wanting to do this to my 9n gt tdi, I just need to know if i have the correct convenience module, could you point me in the right direction to check this,

regards

Stephen.

Hi Stephen

You need to look at your CCM and find out the model number. the CCM is located in the drivers footwell. It will have loads of cables going into it.

It should look like this:

seat-ibiza-skoda-fabia-vw-polo-ccm-modul

it should look something like this 6Q*-937-049-***

if it starts with 6Q1 or 6Q0 it will work with cruise control. If it starts 6Q2 it wont support it and you will have to replace it with a higher spec one.

Regards

Oliver

brickmen

Must drop a quick thank you for posting this as your guide helped me fit CC to my polo, thankfully if you have nimble hands you dont need to get the whole dash off, just wedge in the socket from underneath.

• Like 1

dann2707

Massive thanks to this guide! It allowed me to get my head around what was required today when installing it on my Ibiza. Works an absolute treat.

I took a few pics on my thread here in case it further helps people. Should be towards the bottom of the thread.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292840-daniels-seat-ibiza-sport-pd130/page-2#entry3518126

Thanks again!!

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1

Skezza

Would it be quicker to simply wire directly into the ECU? Not OEM I know but I assume there are 5 wires in the ECU that can be removed and replaced by yours? The only thing concerning me is if I could get a plug for the stalk. Obviously there is a plug on one end and a plug on the other end. If I cut the plug off the end going into the CCM, I could keep the plug into the stalk right?

Theoretically, you could snip the 5 wires going into the ecu and replace them with bullet connectors to the stalk? Would take all of ten minutes no? Or is there a specific resistance to each wire that makes bullets totally inappropriate?

Edited by Skezza

petermarcelissen

Hi am new on here have fitted cruise control to my 9n 2002 polo enabled it in the vag com but it doesn't seem to work does anyone know where i can get a detailed diagram as to which wire goes where and does what mine came with wiring loom and instructions but even after following the instrucions it doesn't work

the loom colours i got where

2 x yellow

1 green

1 black

and the instructions said 2 blue but got 1 blue and 1 red

the intructions said Yellow pin 26

Green pin 27

Blue pin 28

Yellow pin 29

Black pin 30

Blue pin 31

i Connected all the colours as above except the red in pin 31 which went to the fuse number 4 but am not sure if pin 28 should go to the fuse

peter

olie93

Hi am new on here have fitted cruise control to my 9n 2002 polo enabled it in the vag com but it doesn't seem to work does anyone know where i can get a detailed diagram as to which wire goes where and does what mine came with wiring loom and instructions but even after following the instrucions it doesn't work

the loom colours i got where

2 x yellow

1 green

1 black

and the instructions said 2 blue but got 1 blue and 1 red

the intructions said Yellow pin 26

Green pin 27

Blue pin 28

Yellow pin 29

Black pin 30

Blue pin 31

i Connected all the colours as above except the red in pin 31 which went to the fuse number 4 but am not sure if pin 28 should go to the fuse

peter

Hello Peter,

Where did you get the wiring loom from?

Regards

Oliver

cibell

Good interesting article,

what is the significance of the serial numbers you quote?

does it mean that these numbers have the plug under the dash,

I ask because I have asked two VW dealers for retro fit cruise control and they have both said it cannot be adapted yet following your article and checking underneath I find that I have the Serial number 6Q1, meaning that it could be done,

I’m confused, please can you explain this.

olie93
On 7/23/2016 at 11:33, cibell said:

Good interesting article,

what is the significance of the serial numbers you quote?

does it mean that these numbers have the plug under the dash,

I ask because I have asked two VW dealers for retro fit cruise control and they have both said it cannot be adapted yet following your article and checking underneath I find that I have the Serial number 6Q1, meaning that it could be done,

I’m confused, please can you explain this.

I think it is down the the module supporting cruise control. It was a long time ago but i believe this was were i got the information from that only 6Q0 and 6Q1 were supported

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(9N)

Jake

@Dave9n3

you never said it was this much work? :-o

• Like 1

Dave9n3

Lol hahah took the dash out its not so bad just time consuming first time round. Could do one fairly quick now. Can do it with dash in if you're lucky but better to take it out so you can run the wires neatly

• Like 1

Kennedy

Hallo Ich bin hier neu auf dem Forum. Danach ist meine Geschwindigkeitsregelung nicht funktioniert. Sie erhalten kein Signal vom Steuergerät. Können Sie mir die ECU-Pin für meine Geschwindigkeitsregelung erklären. Vwpolo 1.6l Benzin

goulbak goulbak

.......................4 years later.

Hi, any chance to re-upload the pictures ?

nige8021
1 hour ago, goulbak goulbak said:

.......................4 years later.

Hi, any chance to re-upload the pictures ?

First Welcome to the forum.

The pictures have been disabled by the pirates of Photobucket who are demanding $400/year from the person who uploaded them, if you right click the removed image you can open the picture in a new window 

olie93

Admin,

Please see below the new links for the photos:

http://i64.tinypic.com/jt9vth.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/3338g8j.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2q17vad.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2qtz509.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2iu3xxh.jpg

Oliver

nige8021
17 hours ago, olie93 said:

Admin,

Oliver

All pictures now replaced 

goulbak goulbak
On 10/19/2017 at 19:02, olie93 said:

Admin,

http://i64.tinypic.com/jt9vth.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/3338g8j.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2q17vad.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/2qtz509.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2iu3xxh.jpg

Oliver

On 10/20/2017 at 12:23, nige8021 said:

All pictures now replaced 

Thank you very much for sharing and feedback.... for 4year old topic.