malaga red

Retro Rides Gathering, 18th August

malaga red

I know this is miles off but I noticed last year when i went there was quite a few polo's about.

It would be nice to have a stand there this year to represent the club. I'd be happy to organize it if there was enough interest.

We could have up to 20 cars, but would need to apply soon to guarentee getting any space, as it fills up quickly.

Obviously being 'Retro Rides' preference would be for MK1-3 (86c) Polos.

The Gathering is held on Sunday 18th August at:

Prescott Hill Climb,

Gotherington,

Cheltenham,

Gloucestershire

GL52 9RD

If i can get 10 cars or more, i would request a stand. So would anyone be interested?

B-shaw

I'm on a stand already so cya there :)

g40jon

last year the cars had to be 20 years old or more. i will be going, doubt i will be in the g40 though, more likely my mx5 instead.

malaga red
last year the cars had to be 20 years old or more. i will be going, doubt i will be in the g40 though, more likely my mx5 instead.

Obviously not. There was a 58 reg scirrocco and a 52 plate passat, and a fabia VRS in the club displays area last year :roll: . And the way i see it my MK3 is plenty retro enough, being based on a near 40 year old chassis plan.

So anyone actually want to be on a stand?

What stand are you on tobes?

Edited by malaga red

g40jon

Obviously not. There was a 58 reg scirrocco and a 52 plate passat, and a fabia VRS in the club displays area last year :roll: . And the way i see it my MK3 is plenty retro enough, being based on a near 40 year old chassis plan.

So anyone actually want to be on a stand?

What stand are you on tobes?

clearly they were lost! From what I remember there was a flexible(ish) cut off point, but if a car was in keeping with the retro rides theme it could get in. Either way tis a cracking show, probably the best one I went to last year

sammy

I've got a stand I'm running at RRG this year, for people on RetroRides search for "HR&M and VW Mizfits Stand" probs end up running too so already have one polo booked on the stand so the more the merrier! Hampshire based please feel free to pop along to the VW meet we run down at The Navigator, lower Swanawick, Southampton. All sorts of nonsense going on.

sammy

Plus for the 20+ rule that applies to the retro parking, interesting cars can be on club stands but I still think 52 plate is a piss take lol

malaga red

I've managed to wriggle my way onto a stand now, so all's good ;)

erixtar1992

well up for this.

Alex

Yeah. Wanted to go last year but my three week old clutch cable snapped the night before.

sammy

That is terrible luck mate! Hopefully you'll make it this year

Alex

I'll be there! It's one I've always wanted to get to!

sammy

Well if you want to get yourself on the paddock rather than the retro parking area, more than welcome on club stand unless there's a polo one going?

prankstar2003

Are we having a polo stand then? If the cars up and running I'm up for this

B-shaw
If the cars up and running

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry :lol:

erixtar1992

hahahahahah

Mclovin

I'd be up for this but won't be in a polo

jamiedub

I'm in same boat ..

Come on simon .. I've gotta drop engine in and wire it up and paint the whole car..

If i get that done before you there's something wrong ..

Oh and make a new interia lol

harris.racing

fucking august? thats forever away

prankstar2003
I'm in same boat ..

Come on simon .. I've gotta drop engine in and wire it up and paint the whole car..

If i get that done before you there's something wrong ..

Oh and make a new interia lol

I have all these things to do too (engines coming out to do gearbox, easier than dropping the stage 3 subby and associated gubbins) so it's on!

Toby, I understand the sceptisicm. I have given you no reason to think otherwise. I really need to stop getting the car 'finished' and then finding more things to do! As I've said before, I think it's more the project rather than the finished item I'm after

erixtar1992

simon get cracking id have it done in a weekend haha

on a serious note whats cracking with the paint?

get it to poloshow on a trailer and ill put the engine in on the field haha!

prankstar2003

The engine is the easy part, will take a day out, fixed and a day in. I just need to make a start.

Paint is (hopfully) sorted. All panels primed and the shell is being primed (for the second time) over the weekend. I have ahad to remove any trace of the paint I put on before as it kept reacting. I'll do a full write up of the trials and tribulations of this when it's all done. If i get it primed over the WE it will go to the paint shop next week. I took a panel to the bodyshop today to make sure my prep is good enough (guy seemed inpressed) and to check there are no reactions between the paint and the dodgy non-iso primer. I'll find out on friday! Whilst the car is at the shop, I'll have the engine out and fix the GB leak. Just picked up keys to the new yard today, so hell of a lot to do :?

EmDee

Bought my ticket already. This is always an awesome show, I've been every year for the last 4 years.

I'm already on a stand so I won't add myself to the list, but it'll be nice to see some more Polos there.

erixtar1992

i would say lets have a stand but we can barely get 20 cars to santapod let alone here lol