Classifieds - We'd like to remind everyone that we do not handle any transactions on the forums. If there is a car or part that you've seen or selling, you press the contact advertiser and then talk via PM's. If you're offered money please do so via CASH or PAYPAL and meet in person. You'll receive an email notifying you that you have a PM, you must return to the forums and answer the PM (Private Message) NOT THROUGH YOUR EMAILS!

sleag40

T reg G40

120 posts in this topic

Bought this in September. Bit of an oddball!

2013-10-12172453-1_zpsf00fc4fd.jpg

2014-03-10173854_zps429834f3.jpg

Edited by sleag40
1 person likes this

Good to see it's still out there.

Rumour has it, there was three that an oil baron bought as playthings. They never got registerred until he sold them on, as they were "new" cars that'd been in storage, they got that years plate.

Has it done many miles then? Gotta be the newest g40 around!

54k. It's spent 14 of its 21 year existence sat around unwanted - was used from March '99 until some time in 2006 then laid up again until September this year when I bought it!

That's a good find :D did you take it for a blast at the pod then ?

Edited by mazraclou

Nah - that pic was taken at GTI Festival in October. Pissed down all weekend!

Saw this on the g40 site. Lovely car and good money as well. The previous owner had carried out some expensive work to it in recent times.

More pics - sorry about poor quality.

post-146184-0-12546900-1385499608_thumb.

post-146184-0-80521300-1385499648_thumb.

post-146184-0-97613500-1385499689_thumb.

Ever checked up on how and who registered this and possibly the other 2?

As they come up as a 1300cc Polo. Compared to 1272cc Polo Coupe G40 for my 1991 G40.

Does it state G40 on the log book?

It was registered by a company called CPG Wales plc on 01.03.99 after a SVA test on 22.02.99. As well as registering it as 1300cc and not including "G40" as model type they also got one of the letters in the VIN number wrong. The logbook still has all three mistakes on it. The service book/boot sticker proves its legitimacy though and I intend to get the DVLA to correct the mistakes.

post-146184-0-94249100-1385922521_thumb.

Edited by sleag40

Very nice I was tempted with this myself but no room for anothe g, will hopefully see yours about as I'm not too far away

It's been far to cold to be arsed actually working on the car, so instead I've been collecting bits and pieces for when it gets restored. Best find so far is the new old stock genuine bumper - 70 sheets off ebay. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can get stuck into it!

post-146184-0-47910500-1390070015_thumb.

post-146184-0-05293600-1390070046_thumb.

Edited by sleag40

Love g40s keep the updates coming.

A great car , rain at the pod never although some good weather was had last year at pod..

Are the other 2 late registered ones still knocking about too?

Looks a nice clean example :thumbsup:

nice g40 was tempted myself and use it as a daily but was too far away

The other T registered one is Montana green and lives in the Southampton area. It was stripped for a rebuild 6-7 years ago but I don't know if it's finished yet. The bloke that owns it is on the E38 forum. Search "T reg Mk3 G40" for a thread with a few pictures. The third one is apparently on an S plate but nobody seems to know anything about it.

The other T registered one is Montana green and lives in the Southampton area. It was stripped for a rebuild 6-7 years ago but I don't know if it's finished yet. The bloke that owns it is on the E38 forum. Search "T reg Mk3 G40" for a thread with a few pictures. The third one is apparently on an S plate but nobody seems to know anything about it.

S plate? I thought all 3 were T plates, could be wrong though but is the third one not Tornado red?

I'm sure I saw it for sale on eBay years and years ago.

I thought there were 4!

S plate? I thought all 3 were T plates, could be wrong though but is the third one not Tornado red?

I'm sure I saw it for sale on eBay years and years ago.

I saw a couple of posts in the G40 Register thread on clubG40 about the third one being on an S plate. Never seen anything else about it though. Would like to know more - might be worth asking CPG about them.

Edited by sleag40

Just found something rather odd.

Was on that Howmanyleft website. On there you can sort by year of registration, so basically it shows you how many cars are left that were registered in a certain year.

For example: of the G40s registered in 1991 there are currently 46 with tax and 55 on SORN.

Here is where the odd bit comes in....registrations of the G40 stop after 1994 as we all know. But as we also know there were 3 registered late. According to Howmanyleft only 1 of them was registered in 1999, the other 2 were registered in 2001.

Why strange? Well obviously the one registered in 1999, belonging to you sleag40, is on a T reg which is correct.

But IF the other 2 weren't registered until 2001 surely they should be on a Y reg?

Just found something rather odd.

Was on that Howmanyleft website. On there you can sort by year of registration, so basically it shows you how many cars are left that were registered in a certain year.

For example: of the G40s registered in 1991 there are currently 46 with tax and 55 on SORN.

Here is where the odd bit comes in....registrations of the G40 stop after 1994 as we all know. But as we also know there were 3 registered late. According to Howmanyleft only 1 of them was registered in 1999, the other 2 were registered in 2001.

Why strange? Well obviously the one registered in 1999, belonging to you sleag40, is on a T reg which is correct.

But IF the other 2 weren't registered until 2001 surely they should be on a Y reg?

I don't think those three cars are featured on this database due to the incorrect details they were registered with (certainly in my car's

case) Those other three late registrations could be left hand drives on age related plates?

Ah I never thought about imports.

Shame they don't supply like a list of registration numbers for all the ones still left.

Just read all the bumf on the how many left site and it says that if the model type (ie G40) is not recorded in the log book then it won't be included in the stats. The database itself seems to be flawed anyway as in the engines figures it lists 2 G40s as being 750-999cc and another one as a diesel? That one could have a 1W block I suppose? Due to the lack of G40 description in my logbook I don't think my car is included in these stats.

This thread needs more pics

2014-03-08153713_zps6c154aca.jpg

2014-03-08160545_zps7ea44bef.jpg

2014-03-08160602_zps87ec67bb.jpg

2014-03-08160625_zps7157b45b.jpg

2014-03-08160643_zps5776ae1f.jpg

Edited by sleag40