forbes-1234

My G40 Crashed Into!

forbes-1234

Hey Guys!

I got crashed intoi on my way to work on Monday morning.

A women pulled out of her drive in a BMW estate and has crushed the passenger side of my G40.

Has anyone else been crashed into like this?

How much did you get offered?

The engineer from the woman's insurance company is due to come and assess the damage but I know from looking at it that it is a write off.

I paid around £3000 for the car and I am worried that they will not offer anywhere near that to me.

What is the market value of an original G40?

So sad right now it was a beautiful car!

Any advice or thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks

kiran_182

you'll have to put across to your insurance how much you've worked on the car and that it means alot to you otherwise it'll get treated as an old car. they may fight a bit harder for someone with a mint project they are passionate about

PeteG40

Book price will be about 500quid. Expect to argue lots!!

forbes-1234

Noooooooo your joking!

Surely if I argue they still wont budge on price.

Will I be able to refuse the money and simpley keep the car for parts?

The shell is a complete write off but there is still about £1500 worth of parts that are still good.

Buxton

Pictures? You need to re-shell it if possible

Sell the good parts on here if you can

chrisjb330

You should be offered to buy the car back, but they decide the price

forbes-1234

No pictures I was too annoyed at the time.

Just got it recovered to our unit shut the door and left it, not been back too it yet.

I will definately buy it back if I get the chance and reshell it.

Its just annoying because it was a good example of an original one!

Yeti

Don't let the TP's insurance company try to dictate terms to you. My brother's missus had this when she got backed into and the TP's insurer said "We're coming to pick the car up and we'll sort it from there"... yeah right, stroll on.

Avoid Albany Assist at any cost (had the run around with them when my van got backed into).

Are you TPFT or FC?

forbes-1234

The womans insurance company said the car is still mine and they won't take it, they will just send an engineer to assess the damage to see what category it is.

Sorry I have no idea what those acronyms stand for.

Frascano

Are you Third Party Fire and Theft or Fully comprehensive..

forbes-1234

I am fully comprehensive but the women has claimed full liablility so it has nothing to do with me insurance.

Buxton

Not too many g40s nowadays mate sad to hear about, however I was wondering about the law wether the insurance company can take your car away regardless if you want to keep it or not

kiran_182

even with teh taking liability it's stil your insurance that will deal with them and accept the offer, theres nothing to lose buy pitching your story to them. either way keep the car and rebuild it. don't let someone elses stupid actions take your car away from you

Buxton

Don't let them take it off you as it will end up being squished or some lad in the scrappy selling the good bit on

forbes-1234

What if it is a cat b write off?

Can I still keep it?

kiran_182

unlikely to be a cat-b, you'd have to have a banana car. got any pics of the car?

Mclovin

if they offer you £500 ask them to find you one in simular condition for that :lol:

find adverts for simular cars of similar condition (not too easy with these i guess) to show what they are selling for. the one i broke recently for a mate had been cat B'd and according to the co part add pre crash value was about 3.5k (the assessor must of been pissed when he veiwed the car :lol: ). so i doubt they will only offer you £500 but it probably won't be enough to buy another. always turn down the first off as they will just waft a bit of cash under your nose hoping you take it

if there are any imperfections on it that you can sort out before the assesor comes then do so (non crash damage stuff), they will knock money off the offer for anything they see that effects the condition. my mum got a fair chunk knocked off her mk1 cabby due to water marks on the front seat and high mileage. the marks would of come off with a quick clean and the mileage was below the average yearly mileage for its age! pure wankers

forbes-1234

Yeah don't think it will be a cat b probably c or d.

Not got any pictures as my phone has been sent off for repair.

The woman's insurance company has hired a photographer to come and take pictures of the damaged and they will assess the damage from the pictures.

If they can't assess the damaged from the pictures properly then they will send out an engineer.

I asked a few questions before regarding what I would get as pay out for a write off, they said they go off market value by doing market research on how much my car is worth so might get a bit more that first expected.

i will definitely be buying it back, either re-shelling it or selling the parts on to buy another original G.

forbes-1234

Got my phone back today so I will upload some pictures later!

forbes-1234

Sorry for the huge pictures but here this the damaged

6047D5CF-C9DC-409F-9304-13169E93A712-403

01A4556A-927F-4FE2-9613-E6C8C75D2DE3-403

74BD083B-F830-41C0-A220-6EF7D6A4BD25-403

Frascano

Knock it out ;)

kiran_182

side panel will come out quite well then smoothed over. new door and you're back on the road. it looks nasty but worse cars have been put right.

don't give up on your car

although if you do I have £100 burning a hole in my pocket and a need for a g40 engine

Elijah

That's a real shame. I had a g40 that was hit by an uninsured driver. Fortunate that I was fully comp. hit me on drivers side on the quarter panel. Needed a new quarter panel which is a big job. Yours might get away with not having to have one buts it a good dent.

There were going to write it off until vag garage argued on my behalf that it was rare. I was under the impression that even if someone admits liability that your insurance claim of theirs.

runforrestrun
Elijah

It's not really the cost of parts it will be labour costs to remove and prep.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.