Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Hutch's Candy White 6R GTI

Hutch_

I drove all the way down to a London VW dealership to view this 61 plate 6R GTI last June, ended up driving it away the same day! :smile:

post-58628-0-64579700-1392820909_thumb.j

Was 1 and a half years old at the time, had done 8300 miles and was in an all round lovely condition.

Shortly after getting it I added my personal plates, started tinkering with badges, added yellow film to the fogs etc. The usual cheap stuff :D

post-58628-0-32399400-1392821385_thumb.j

post-58628-0-42558600-1392821851_thumb.j

post-58628-0-97518600-1392830130_thumb.j

Then some 6k HIDs, and LED side lights went in

post-58628-0-39019300-1392822059_thumb.j

post-58628-0-11215800-1392830004_thumb.j

THEN IT BROKE. 8 visits later to VW, 2 new clutches, 4 software resets, new clutch shims and a 'modified' oil breather later... They then discovered a sensor that monitors the fuel/air mixture was not functioning (due to the wire leading to it being snapped), and that was causing the issues all along (misfires on all 4 cylinders, jumpy starts etc.)

Since then its ran perfectly, but thanks to Volkswagen taking 8 weeks to solve it, all i got out of my summer was some awesome parking I did in the courtesy car they gave me...

post-58628-0-96484600-1392822501_thumb.j

After it got fixed, I treat it to a RCD510, but didnt bother with the DAB antenna cause imo it's sh*t and doesnt work anyway. Main reason I got a one was for the benefits of the touch screen, as I like to plug my phone in and play from library.

Then shortly after my 21st birthday the real mods began.

- FK Highsports

- 3SDM 0.06 18x8.5 et35 / 18x9.5 et40

- Continental Contisportcontact 5 225/35/18 all round

post-58628-0-58567600-1392829796_thumb.j

post-58628-0-20573200-1392830454_thumb.j

I also took off the carbon wrap, went back to chrome and sprayed the background of the rear badge Candy White to match the rest of the car.

post-58628-0-58320400-1392830840_thumb.j

post-58628-0-82974200-1392830859_thumb.j

post-58628-0-85564100-1392830873_thumb.j

I also very recently bought some shotgun cartridge wheel bolt covers. Seen a few guys with these down at Players this year and couldn't resist :D

Future plans

- All arches rolled (fronts are scrubbing)

- Bi-Xenon DRL headlights

- Smoothed front bumper (see photoshop below)

- Miltek turbo back exhaust system

- Forge cold air intake

- Stage 1

post-58628-0-70164900-1392830897_thumb.j

I'd like to also take this opportunity to mention an app that me and a mate have been working on, and have recently released a big update for it to the app store.

It's called Stanced and you can find it here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/stanced/id542552349?mt=8

post-58628-0-09035300-1392831252_thumb.j

Stanced is an app dedicated to car enthusiasts worldwide, and is essentially a picture feed for your iPhone/iPad, moderated to only show a feed of car related pics. I am the designer of the app so be sure to check it out - IT'S FREE

Thanks for reading!!

post-58628-0-10172400-1392830354_thumb.j

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hutch_

• tinnerz

• rouletwilson

• benadams789

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Paul, thanks and likewise :) My colleague is currently progressing android version but we're both very busy at work at the moment and very little free time, so unfortunately progress is bit slow.

Posted Images

Cheers man!

I really like it, I was a bit apprehensive at first as I could never imagine myself driving an auto, but when you experience the speed of the changes you might not wanna go back to a manual.

I do a lot of rush hour driving too so it's quite relaxing for that :D

benadams789

glad i'm not the only guy having issues with vws retarded 'technitions' they are useless. mines been in for a onth so far. yours is looking sweet though mate

Thanks Ben, and yeah hopeless man! I had it in for an interim service last week and I mentioned my passenger door speaker was vibrating at mid-louder volumes but the others weren't. When i went and picked it up I found that their solution was to turn the Bass on -4 and blame the issue on "excessive speaker volumes used" :unknw:

At the moment I have arch rubbing issues with the 3SDM's so i don't tend to chuck it around corners much. :D

However, when I had the monzas on over xmas with the FKs it was absolutely glued to the road and I never managed to push it hard enough that I lost control, (except in the wet - its an understeer machine)

I have plenty of adjustment on them too, think i have about 50mm front still to go and about 30mm rear :smile:

benadams789

mine grips really well sticks even in the wet. i didnt want to go cheap on something like this though felt wrong on a car that cost this much lol

Love what you've done with it.

How did you remove both of the badges to do the work you've done to them?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom, sorry for the late reply

To do the work on the front badge I removed the grill (by removing a few torx screws form the top, then pulling hard ill it pops out), then to remove the badge from the grill you need to kinda twist it whilst releasing it from 3 clips. The final stage is to take the chrome VW from the plastic, and I did that by easing it off with a screwdriver from the back.

For all of the work I've done on the rear badge I took the lazy option of not removing the boot release and just masking off the rear of the car to spray / just simply separated the chrome badge off the backing with an old credit card/screwdriver.

• 1 month later...

Hey Hutch nice to see some one local on here,

Really like what your doing with the motor, I only had to go as far as Bishop to get mine, London thats pure love haha,

Can you tell me is the app you have been working on for android too?

Thanks

Paul.

Hey Hutch nice to see some one local on here,

Really like what your doing with the motor, I only had to go as far as Bishop to get mine, London thats pure love haha,

Can you tell me is the app you have been working on for android too?

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks and likewise :)

My colleague is currently progressing android version but we're both very busy at work at the moment and very little free time, so unfortunately progress is bit slow. I'll be sure yo let you know as soon as it's done though :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Update! The 3DSM's are now off the car and will be up FOR SALE shortly!

They're in mint condition, 18x8.5/9.5, et35 and are wrapped in Continental Contisport Contact 5's (some awesome rubber) with a ton of tread left so if anyone's interested gimme a text on 07972214853

I fancy a change of wheel just not sure what yet, so I opted to roll on the monzas for a while and wind the coils all the way down while I decide.

post-58628-0-20451700-1398962830_thumb.j

post-58628-0-28871600-1398962853_thumb.j

post-58628-0-91522500-1398962883_thumb.j

ALSO - nearly forgot - I bought and installed a front splitter and a Forge Motorsport cold air intake and a few weeks back. Makes a nice throaty hiss and tsssss ;)

Splitter

post-58628-0-15122200-1398966834_thumb.j

post-58628-0-74311800-1398966754_thumb.j

post-58628-0-64483900-1398966809_thumb.j

post-58628-0-59675700-1398966739_thumb.j

Cold Air Intake

post-58628-0-11482300-1398966855_thumb.j

post-58628-0-77678200-1398966876_thumb.j

tinnerz

Looks class mate, you forget how good the standard alloys look when the cars lowered, Have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption with the new air intake ?

Love the way it looks, tidy's the bay up nice. Are you gonna get it mapped?

I'm going to get mine booked in next month. whoop!

Looks class mate, you forget how good the standard alloys look when the cars lowered, Have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption with the new air intake ?

Love the way it looks, tidy's the bay up nice. Are you gonna get it mapped?

I'm going to get mine booked in next month. whoop!

Cheers pal, yeah it looks pretty cool i was surprised how good it turned out!

Eventually I will get it mapped, but atm I've been investing in a machine polisher and looking to get another set of wheels shortly, I quite fancy some reverse mounted BBS RC041 :tongue:

Let me know how that goes for you, what power gains are you expecting to get from it?

Removed my rear cups and adjusters for some extra lows last week:

post-58628-0-43877500-1399627573_thumb.j

This picture came out a bit wonky..

post-58628-0-08919600-1399627614_thumb.j

Also eyeing up some BBS RC041, which I'd probably reverse mount for extra offset as they'd require adapters, what do you guys think for colour scheme? I'm really digging the full chrome but at the same time white or red would look good too..

post-58628-0-28166100-1399627794_thumb.j

Hey Hutch, Dunno if it's my laptop or this new server but i can't see the new pic's you put up!

As for the remap i would be happy with any thing over 200bhp.

I'm going to put new spark plugs, new filter or induction kit, and an exhaust on before it goes in so i reckon should easy get the 200bhp.

Hey Hutch, Dunno if it's my laptop or this new server but i can't see the new pic's you put up!

As for the remap i would be happy with any thing over 200bhp.

I'm going to put new spark plugs, new filter or induction kit, and an exhaust on before it goes in so i reckon should easy get the 200bhp.

Oh shit yeah I'm getting that thing with the pics too, It must be to do with the new server clubpolo switched to as I'm pretty sure i was posting around the same time they were doing it. Damn it.

Wow, sounds good. What do the 6n2 GTI's run stock again? 125?

Try and re post them pic's man i wanna see what you've been doing haha,

Yeah the old 6n2 was 125, mines getting on a bit now tho still pretty quick when you put your foot down, my girlfriend drives it now that i have the new'n.

Try and re post them pic's man i wanna see what you've been doing haha,

Yeah the old 6n2 was 125, mines getting on a bit now tho still pretty quick when you put your foot down, my girlfriend drives it now that i have the new'n.

The pics are working now on mine, can you see them yet?

Ah right cool, I only just realised you have a 6R GTI too. Have you done anything to it yet?

Edited by Hutch_

Hey dude,

Yeah the pics are up now all good, the motor looks well low ha! as for the bbs's i think the white centers will look dope. what size are you looking at?

As for my dub, iv'e only really made cosmetic changes so far, got the bonnet and roof wrapped in black gloss, putting my new alloys on tomorrow whoop!

got some lowering springs off my mate for a great price so I'm getting them fitted next week.

Future mod's, rear roll bar, air filter, exhaust , thinking about a forge rec valve, and remap in a few weeks time.

I'll post some pics up when i get round to it some time soon.

Hey dude,

Yeah the pics are up now all good, the motor looks well low ha! as for the bbs's i think the white centers will look dope. what size are you looking at?

As for my dub, iv'e only really made cosmetic changes so far, got the bonnet and roof wrapped in black gloss, putting my new alloys on tomorrow whoop!

got some lowering springs off my mate for a great price so I'm getting them fitted next week.

Future mod's, rear roll bar, air filter, exhaust , thinking about a forge rec valve, and remap in a few weeks time.

I'll post some pics up when i get round to it some time soon.

Cool, yeah its as low as it goes now without taking the helper springs out the front, but then if i did that i wouldn't be able to turn haha.

I've bought a set of genuine BBS RC041 for £130, just in need of a proper good refurb before the big shows. They're 17x7.5 et41 all round so should fit nicely but still just tuck under the arches as I don't wanna raise my ride height.

Oh right sounds good, I look forward to seeing it! Although not so sure on how the bonnet would look wrapped black though.. Is your car white?

Yeah them Alloys will look well smart mate, did you manage to get a hold of that machine you were looking at?

Well my alloys didn't fit the spokes are just catching my caliper, the web site said they would fit so I'm sending them back, I don't want to use spacers if i can help it. Bummer!

Yeah mines white too, i'm glad i did the bonnet it's looks better than i originally thought it would, I'm going to post some pic's up as soon i get the chance.