Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Tyres for a 7J rims

Hi all,

I bought a set of rims for my 6N, they are 7Jx15" ET33

Now being 7J OEM tyre would be 205/215. I'm looking to get something narrower 185-195/45/R15. Will this work?

Has any one got pictures 185-195 tyres fitted to a 7J preferably where I could see sidewall stretch, etc?

Regards

EV

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EvgenijL

• mattieboi6n

• polo-trigger

• harris.racing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JordonVW

Would work perfect, straight sidewall nearly, tyrestretch.com is good for pics!

People fit 165/50 tyres to 15x8 wheels

sometimes

Edited by JordonVW

165 looks really nice but at a price if a harsh ride. My absolutely narrowest would be 175 but even that getting to narrow 185 probably most suited.

polo-trigger

165/50 if you want the stretched look. Mine are in the garden so can get you some pics of them sideways if you want?

I'd have put 195's on mine if I didnt want any stretch on them.

Thank you for the pictures but this isn't for me. Ideally I want to see fallen tyre 195/54/R15 on a 7J. If anyone has got pictures, I would appreciate it.

regards

Ev

harris.racing

Look on tyre stretch mate, there's loads to see, 175/50 won't look too stretched to be honest

I'm not amfter a mental stretch, just something that would look less of a 90° angle to the rim. I think 195 or 185 are ideal for that. I know that toyo PROXES T1R do gave a natural stretched look to them and so do dalkebs according to some people. How ever falken is a better tyre and is cheaper than a toyo one.

My car is my daily car and dies carry an occasional load etc. it is certainly not a "trailer queen" there fore I need tyres that will be reliable and not pop of the rim while going roun a roundabout, when I carry load in the boot as well as on a roof rack.

In any case thank you for your suggestions but I will stick to what u want to see.

So if anyone has pictures of 185/195 tyres on a 7J, then fire away.

Tyre stretch had limited amount of pictures so no good either.

mattieboi6n

Tyre stretch is about strecthed tyres so y would the have pictures of a 195 on a 7 as it gives no noticable strecth. Falkens are better the toyo? Are u for real. People run 165 on 8j and even 8.5j wheels and they don't simply pop off. U have to run them with little pressure in for them to come off. Wieght makes no difference to strecth tyres I've seen strecth on a van that carries 2 bikes back and forward to the nurburg ring

Sorry to sound rude but you are being rude, u came on here looking for opinions we give u them u then stick to what u wanted anyway. Also toyos don't give natural strecth please do research before coming on here.

harris.racing

Tyre stretch shows all manner of sizes etc, maybe limited for pictures on lesser stretch but still are some.

I had 195/45 on 7.5's and wasn't really stretched - just sat nicely so on a 7 should be fine too.

As for tyres depends what you're doing with the car, how you drive etc. toyo's are generally sticky and maybe wear faster than the falkens will.