Sign in to follow this  
iKiwic

question about private plate?

iKiwic

Hi!
Now, just a personal rule, if your posting to tell me how silly personal plates are, I've heard it before.. but it was a present, so it means something to me!

Anyway, I own a Personal Reg, which is KIW 153 Basically, I wan't to know if anyone knows if i'd be allowed (by the dvla) to put it on my Polo, which is G440 AKV.

Some people say I can, others say I won't be allowed, because my Polo is a G reg and a Plate begining with a K might make the car seem newer than it is...

Does anyone know how true this will be? I know you're not allowed to make a car look newer than it is with a private reg, but as mine isn't 7 Digits would this still apply?

Sorry if I'm being a nub!!

Thaaaanks :D:D:D

- Kiwi

nige8021

The KIW 153 plate would have no problem on any year of car as it's not an "age" related plate The law only says if it's an "age" related plate ( with a year denoting letter prefix) then it can not make the car appear newer than it is

• Like 1

iKiwic

The KIW 153 plate would have no problem on any year of car as it's not an "age" related plate The law only says if it's an "age" related plate ( with a year denoting letter prefix) then it can not make the car appear newer than it is

Thanks, only just saw this, called DVLA and they said exactly the same thing thank you! :D

MaxVW

As you've found out, KIW 153 is an ageless Irish plate. Had KIW on my old Jetta.

Would be interesting to see who the people are you told you you couldn't put it on :lol:

iKiwic

As you've found out, KIW 153 is an ageless Irish plate. Had KIW on my old Jetta.

Would be interesting to see who the people are you told you you couldn't put it on :lol:

Was told it was an Irish plate, what the hell does that mean though?!

And was just the standard noobs that make themselves feel better :P

MaxVW

It was first registered to a vehicle in Northern Ireland. They started off with a way to identify the age, but I think it got too complicated so they just gave up. The IW in yours is the area code, the rest is just random I believe.

Max

iKiwic

It was first registered to a vehicle in Northern Ireland. They started off with a way to identify the age, but I think it got too complicated so they just gave up. The IW in yours is the area code, the rest is just random I believe.

Max

Sweet, always nice to know, thanks for your help! :)

michaeldc

A personal hero of mine had the license TMW 314 and after my independent record label I always wanted SFT 314 for any car I had but when I check online I can't seem to find any that go 3 letters then 3 numbers. Does anyone know where I can check on this?

Probably can't afford to waste money on it but it would be great to know how much it is and if it's available!

iKiwic

A personal hero of mine had the license TMW 314 and after my independent record label I always wanted SFT 314 for any car I had but when I check online I can't seem to find any that go 3 letters then 3 numbers. Does anyone know where I can check on this?

Probably can't afford to waste money on it but it would be great to know how much it is and if it's available!

I can't seem to find that particular one but there are plenty available (and cheap!) HERE check it out man :)