Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Blyton Park Track - Saturday 25th July 2015

mark_crox

Club Polo 2015 Track Day at Blyton Park

95a9a819-4330-4d0e-b61f-86dc4d8e7d2b.jpg

Some of you have been to Blyton before but if you haven't Blyton is a great circuit for all driver abilities with a mix of fast straights and corner sections as well as tight and technical chicanes. The most reassuring benefit for new trackday drivers is that if things do go wrong is that there is plenty of run off space along side the tarmac circuit. It's a circuit that really suits small cars like the Polo.

Also 'My car's not quick enough' is not an excuse for not joining in. Last time I did it in a 55bhp Mk2 and its soooo much fun, perhaps more so than when I was running my 16v. Also whilst it would be nice that everyone brings a polo its open to all car makes!

This again will be run by our friends at Mazda on Track so you can rest assured that everything will be conducted in a safe but fun environment.

You will require a helmet there will be a limited supply on the day so please let me know when paying if you need one or you can buy your own for around the £50 mark. Car should be able to pass a MOT which means they are in roadworthy condition with no fluid leaks.

Normally this day would be £135 but we are able to offer it to Club Members for £89.00 and for non-Members/Forum Users £120.50. This really is a bargain price for a Saturday track day and if we can get 15 or more cars we will be able to make it even cheaper.

Sign on starts at 7.30am with the briefing at 8.30am and the track opens at 9am. There are quite a few B&B's around for those that don't fancy an early start.

I'm going to start by getting numbers and then in February I'll start asking for full payment or deposits to secure places.

Please put your name down below if you are interested and if you have any questions please let me know.

1 - Mark_Crox - 1.6 16v Club Member
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
  • Like 2
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark_crox

• B-shaw

• kwijibo_coupe

• Tav

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good track to go to. Here is a video from a couple of years ago playing with a westy.

Club Polo 2015 Track Day at Blyton Park Some of you have been to Blyton before but if you haven't Blyton is a great circuit for all driver abilities with a mix of fast straights and corner sec

well got MOT Just sorting alignment, And try and cure this oil leak. Still need to get a few miles under my belt to then change the oil lol

Posted Images

kwijibo_coupe

2 - kwijibo_coupe - G40 Club Member
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

• Like 1

3 - citrus - Club Member

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

• Like 2
physicsfool

3 - citrus - Club Member
4 - Physicsfool - Martin - mk2 G40 - Club Member
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Aaargh!! Will have to talk with missus as going to DisneyLand in febuary! But if I can't find the money to drive, I'll hopefully be there to marshal the event :)

mark_crox

Aaargh!! Will have to talk with missus as going to DisneyLand in febuary! But if I can't find the money to drive, I'll hopefully be there to marshal the event :)

Aghh bring the wife to this instead of Disney.. its almost the same! :)

• Like 1

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

I don't know if the G40 will be ready for this so wont put my name down just yet. Will definitely be attending though!

• Like 1
mark_crox

I don't know if the G40 will be ready for this so wont put my name down just yet. Will definitely be attending though!

I thought the car was going to be ready for the RR day?? :)

3 - citrus - Club Member

5 - Yoof - Club Member

6 - markisere - Mark - polo cl turbo club member. +1 my Dad so let me know how much it is for two drivers.

8 -

9 -

10 -

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
6 - markisere - Mark - polo cl turbo club member. +1 my Dad so let me know how much it is for two drivers.
7 - m4ttyf Club member a polo if not a saab
8 -
9 -
10 -

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
8 - Samwii - Mk2 Loon - Club member
9 -
10 -

I'm all about the track days this year. Bit of a jaunt but should be fun, will try and tie in some other stuff and have a long weekend 'dan sarf'

I see kwijibo and citrus are keen so perhaps we can have a supporting convoy!

Will see if anyone else up here is keen. £89 is a bargain...but not enough to offset fuel! Doh!

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
9 - Tav - Eunos Roadster Club Member
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

Edited by Tav
mark_crox

I'm all about the track days this year. Bit of a jaunt but should be fun, will try and tie in some other stuff and have a long weekend 'dan sarf'

I see kwijibo is keen so perhaps we can have a supporting convoy!

Will see if anyone else up here is keen. £89 is a bargain...but not enough to offset fuel! Doh!

The more the merrier so please share the event! It is a bargain for club members and its a good price for non club members as well. But if we can get it up to 15 people we can get an even cheaper price. :) Obviously that's 15 people booking and not just putting their name down!! :)

Also any person who is totally new to track days we can offer free tuition which I would totally recommend taking. It will make you quicker round the track than pretty much any modification to your car.

• Like 1
jonPDpolo

Put me as a maybe for now, will confirm soon

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
10 - Jon -?- Club Member
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
10 - Jon -?- Club Member
11 - B-shaw - Clio 172 - Club Member
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

3 - citrus - Club Member
5 - Yoof - Club Member
10 - Jon -?- Club Member
12 - JamieDubs- Polo 16V. Club member ( at time )
13 -
14 -
15 -

• Like 1

3 - citrus - Club Member

5 - Yoof - Club Member

10 - Jon -?- Club Member

13 - Pascoe - ? - Club member

14 -

15 -

3 - citrus - Club Member

5 - Yoof - Club Member

10 - Jon -?- Club Member

13 - Pascoe - ? - Club member

14 - Starry - Caddy 20vt - club member

15 -

Is it £89 per driver or per car as I like to let the Mrs have a go in the caddy as wel

mark_crox

Dam... if everyone comes it should be a really good day!! :)

Its per driver. so 2 people driving 1 car is £178 (if both are club members) just the same as 2 drivers and 2 cars.

Passengers are £15 each. And you are only allowed 1 in the car at a time and they also must have a helmet.

kwijibo_coupe

What about taking someone who has paid to be a driver round as a passenger?

cool, can't imagine the Mrs will want to shell out that much for a drive (plus i don't want to share :P) so i'll treat her to some passenger laps instead.

very interested in some free tuition where available as i've only done straight line stuff before and if Forza has taught me anything; it's that I never know when to brake and turn in at the right times!

• Like 1