Sign in to follow this  
wizardmanjm

Been caught speeding

wizardmanjm

Was driving home last night and went through a 30 camera which flashed twice. I thought it was a one way working camera as I was oncoming and I have always done 40 through it as does everyone but it must have not been working and then been fixed.

Looked at Speedo which said 42. Obviously the actual speed would be a bit less. I was wondering what sort of penalty and points I'm probably looking at and would I get the speeding course option to avoid keeping points?

Vio

Was it a Gatso, ie one of these?

scggatso.jpg

If so, they're always one-way, they do occasionally flash at oncoming cars but they won't actually be able to calculate your speed from that direction.

wizardmanjm

Yeah it was mate, thanks a lot for your reply mate I could be okay then

Yeti

Yeah, what he said.

Be more careful next time. Speeding can have horrible consequences. I did it one morning and got to work early :-o .

• Like 2

wizardmanjm

Hahahaha

mbusby993

My boss got pulled at 4.45am doing 110mph on a 40 road. He was not early to work.

Hopefully you'll be alright man!

• Like 1

jonPDpolo

If it was on the other side of the road (with no lines on your side) you could be alright, on a stretch of dual carriageway near me, there are a couple of cameras which you can set off from the other direction...

Its one of those things though, you won't be sure until two weeks pass without something landing on your doormat

heartagram

Happens to the best of us. Nothing to do but sit back and wait..

wizardmanjm

Yeah there are lines but as I say it never went off at about 40 for anyone but did for me at 42 last night.

Hopefully alright I just hate waiting around to find out

Yeti

Meh, what will be will be. I met a bloke once who got to 9 points, then said fucked it, if I'm getting banned, I might as well do it properly, so he bought an R1.

Admittedly, he was hitchhiking when I met him.

• Like 1

MikeyMK

I've never been caught speeding. I've probably caused a few accidents braking for cameras and creating a mexican-wave of panic-braking behind me, but still.

Well they insist on painting the roads up like race tracks. Perhaps if my street looked like a trail of sand i might drive as such.

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Sadly this thread is returning.

Been definitley caught speeding this time driving an alternative route to work. It was a 40 road and it was a new style camers, my clocks where saying 53-54 when i got flashed twice within the camera lines. Will be the first time caught and only been driving 3 years. I dont know how I didnt see it, My eyes were on a guy in the 3rd lane over walking down the middle of the road and I was focused on him thinking what the hell is he doing then i saw the two flashes and looked at my speed.

I know that clocks are roughly 10 percent out so I was probably about 48mph which I'm guessing wont give me an option of speed awareness...Opinions?

I will also update in a few days when i get my letter in the door and a picture of the result.

nige8021

Watched "Motorway cops" on BBC1 earlier, one cop using the radar gun said @70mph they allow 10% +2mph so 79mph clock anything over that & you'll get a ticket :(

wizardmanjm

Watched "Motorway cops" on BBC1 earlier, one cop using the radar gun said @70mph they allow 10% +2mph so 79mph clock anything over that & you'll get a ticket :(

Thanks for the information nige, from what you have provided I can probably expect a ticket...that allows me 46mph and my clocks were 53 maybe 54 so my clocks would have to be out by a considerable amount...clutching straws really

wizardmanjm

...done 3 different gps speedo apps on my phone to compare against the 54 on my clocks and it came up 49 every time [emoji20]

Dean

We talking about the camera on the same side of the road as you or opposite?

If it's your side, the chances are you'll probably get a ticket, as for doing nearly 50, you'd more likely get the 3 points and £100 fine.

Let us know once you get a ticket which will be with you within 14 days, take a note of the date and make sure if it does come through it's within that time.

Now please stop speeding, you have terrible luck with cameras!

wizardmanjm

We talking about the camera on the same side of the road as you or opposite?

If it's your side, the chances are you'll probably get a ticket, as for doing nearly 50, you'd more likely get the 3 points and £100 fine.

Let us know once you get a ticket which will be with you within 14 days, take a note of the date and make sure if it does come through it's within that time.

Now please stop speeding, you have terrible luck with cameras!

Same side of the road as me and yeah cheers, Ill note down the date.

It looks that way haha, thats the only times I've been flashed in over 3 years :P...dont know how my focus wasnt completely on slowing down at that point as I know the camera and thought about it before I even got there. Can only really blame it on complacency after cruising for a good 35 minutes at that speed thinking I'm not speeding. (I know thats not an excuse...I'm a dick)

Ill update this thread with the letter, If aything it gives other people an idea with what they can expect doing the same

Yeti

Pictures too... gotta have pictures.

DSC00054.jpg

wizardmanjm

Pictures too... gotta have pictures.

DSC00054.jpg

If there is a picture I'll stick it on, is that you on the jag?

Yeti

:hi:

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

:hi:

Haha Hopefully I have one too for the album! Although... I would rather not have been caught in the first place

kiran_182

my bro got cougnt and went to the awareness course, when he got there he asked "is there a test at the end?" yes there is a small test they replied "great, i've been practising my speeding all week"

he's also a walking theroy book and maxed out the test just to annoy them futher

Edited by kiran_182
  • Like 2

wizardmanjm

my bro got cougnt and went to the awareness course, when he got there he asked "is there a test at the end?" yes there is a small test they replied "great, i've been practising my speeding all week"

he's also a walking theroy book and mexed out the test just to annoy them futher

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

herrdavies

I thought I had been caught recently. Made a trip down to Devon and because I don't do much motorway driving (aside from the M60 and M56) I had never seen the newish 'variable speed limit' stretches of motorway.

I had just come out of a half hour long stretch of roadworks (50mph avg check) so I gunned it. Looked at the sign above (reading 50) and just assumed it was a different style matrix giving me a 'suggested' speed lol.

Anyway, then I noticed the lines in the road and braked. Hard. Must have dropped below the limit as it's been a couple of months with no ticket. Lucky me!

Hope you don't get one man, the waiting to find out is the absolute worst.

wizardmanjm

I thought I had been caught recently. Made a trip down to Devon and because I don't do much motorway driving (aside from the M60 and M56) I had never seen the newish 'variable speed limit' stretches of motorway.

I had just come out of a half hour long stretch of roadworks (50mph avg check) so I gunned it. Looked at the sign above (reading 50) and just assumed it was a different style matrix giving me a 'suggested' speed lol.

Anyway, then I noticed the lines in the road and braked. Hard. Must have dropped below the limit as it's been a couple of months with no ticket. Lucky me!

Hope you don't get one man, the waiting to find out is the absolute worst.

Yeah mate I hate those average speeds, they are all up the A1 and the M1 now and I use them a lot, I just stick the cruise control on the right speed, stick in the inside lane till I see the national speed limit sign again lol

Yeah I would say it is pretty definite this one. ..my only hope would be that the second flash may have been when I was passed the lines which I doubt I was lol