NickBraddock

North west meeting anyone?

NickBraddock

It would be cool to have a meet up & see everyone again

wizardmanjm

Give me two months and I could probably guarantee I would be there lol

Don't wanna show anyone my shocking boot till its sprayed and need an M.O.T still

Edited by wizardmanjm

NickBraddock

Haha true!

well now that autumn and winter is upon us, shall we look to setting on up when the weather gets better again?

I too have a few things I need to do with the project before showing her in close up.

JackClements

I have been considering organising a car meet in Chester, some time soon, nothing formal just people who enjoy cars meeting up and chatting about each others rides.

skeebs

I would be up for this :)

SimonPowell92

Should definitely meet up in Blackpool! Ride the lights or something?

My polo needs a lot of work but I want to speak to people that know polos hahah

SimonPowell92

Should set a date and where!

wizardmanjm

Gimme more time haha, nah if I can't make it I will make another one lol

Awgregory96

I'd be up for this! From stockport,Manchester

NickBraddock

Gimme more time haha, nah if I can't make it I will make another one lol

dude mine is no where near finished but still be good to show the works in progress :)

wizardmanjm

@nick I think I might need an mot though [emoji14]

I'm trying to get it booked in for end of this month but my local places are fully booked..

K4yll

I live just outside of Chester and would also be up for meeting up with other polo owners in the northwest 😉

Edited by K4yll

herrdavies

I'd be up for this! South Manchester I am. Hopefully can get a few things done before anything is organised.

wizardmanjm

I'm game for a meet I'm in prestatyn

Where's that?

K4yll

The middle of the northwest is Warrington if we want to have it smack bang in the middle to make the driving distance fair on everyone

I know of a pub with a big car park that has a jap meet there once a month and it's just off the M6

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

I would like to come up for a meet, I am not too sure how much I trust mine to make meets that far from me yet though so I will be slowly doing longer and longer journeys and testing the water after she is back on the road.

I could always pop by warrington on a weekend when I go to see my sister as she lives in Manchester

herrdavies

I would like to come up for a meet, I am not too sure how much I trust mine to make meets that far from me yet though so I will be slowly doing longer and longer journeys and testing the water after she is back on the road.

I could always pop by warrington on a weekend when I go to see my sister as she lives in Manchester

I know what you mean. Mine is a 4 speed, and the engine temp seems to be running a little high at the moment, so I don't fancy long runs for a little while...

Where in Manchester does your sister live dude?

wizardmanjm

I know what you mean. Mine is a 4 speed, and the engine temp seems to be running a little high at the moment, so I don't fancy long runs for a little while...

Yeah mate mines fine really but I don't know how long it will be fine for as things can go south quickly in these cars,

how high is your temp going?

As for the sister that is a good question as for the life of me i cant remember what the place is called...was pretty close to a massive tesco with an underground car park not too far from old Trafford

I'm not sure I would want to tell you where she lives anyway haha

herrdavies

Yeah mate mines fine really but I don't know how long it will be fine for as things can go south quickly in these cars,

As for the sister that is a good question as for the life of me i cant remember what the place is called...was pretty close to a massive tesco with an underground car park not too far from old Trafford

Lol, I hear you, I just meant the general area though. I'm in Stockport, south Manchester (technically Cheshire I think...)

As for engine temp, not sure of exact temperature, but the needle on the guage (on a hot day in traffic) has been making it about 3/4 of the way up...

Generally speaking with no traffic we're talking about half way.

Pretty sure I need to top the oil off, got a slow leak. Could a slight lack of oil cause it?

wizardmanjm

Lol, I hear you, I just meant the general area though. I'm in Stockport, south Manchester (technically Cheshire I think...)

As for engine temp, not sure of exact temperature, but the needle on the guage (on a hot day in traffic) has been making it about 3/4 of the way up...

Generally speaking with no traffic we're talking about half way.

Pretty sure I need to top the oil off, got a slow leak. Could a slight lack of oil cause it?

Yeah mate then I would say greater Manchester..pretty close to the center.

Your needle should be in the middle and pretty much stay there, low oil definitely will heat it up more but so will low coolant so check that too, I'm guessing thermostat and everything is fine as it would get to the top of the dial If it was seized, is your fan kicking in as well? This would cause a rise in temp as well if it wasn't working in traffic, if it isn't then a new thermoswitch is needed and is a straight screw into radiator job...thankfully I have overcame all my overheating troubles...took me long enough though