Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

'My Lil Polo 6N Canyon Red Nearly AFH'D'

madnemo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madnemo

• r10tz0r

• wizardmanjm

• volksfan1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i will update this thread later. hopefully i should be collecting a 4door AFH doner car tonight. will update with pictures later on once i collect it. Nimal

My front splitter was looking tired soo i used Poundworlds satin black spray paint Need some new metel pressed number plates with the holder now as the original number pl

Ive painted my rear spoiler and front 16v bumper havent fitted it yet. There wont be any proper updates till november and the full AFH engine, gearbox and wiring loom will be for sale then. Hopefully

Posted Images

Plans are too fit 16v front and rear bumpers. Lower it on some vw montreal alloys

Bought a 16v rear bumper a few weeks ago for 20 euros including postage from lithuania

image.jpg

image hosting adult

image.jpg

image upload

^^^ oe bumper that was already dented when I bought the car

Well today I dropped off my car and rear 16v bumper to the body shop today

image.jpg

hosting image

Will be picking it up on Thursday .

Nimal 😎

Bought a 16v front bumper cheap from gumtree

image.jpg

free photo hosting

Plan is too smooth the number plate recess and smooth the top grille and buy some fog lights

And fit these too the sides of the bumper

image.jpg

upload pictures free

Front bumper will get painted when I get the whole car resprayed after Xmas

Also bought these at a bargain £12 off ebay

image.jpg

upload pic

That's all for now until I pick it up on Thursday .

comments, advice and criticism welcome .

Thanks Nimal ☺️

Hello peps I'm back with another update 😎

Was meant to pick up my car yesterday (Thursday) from the bodyshop but they had a slight delay, soo picked it up today.

Pictures of the rear 16v bumper sprayed and fitted

image.jpg

image upload no compression

image.jpg

image url upload

image.jpg

image url upload

Well pleased with the outcome and finish 😍 .

After I picked my polo today.I bought a set of 5 6n 16v alloys with newish tires for a bargain locally ☺️

image.jpg

upload gambar

Bought is a stop gap to replace my shity 13" steelys lol

image.jpg

click image upload

image.jpg

pic host

^^^^^^

Before with the crappy 13" steels 😞

image.jpg

images upload

image.jpg

upload an image

^^^^ after with the 16v alloys until I get some nice oem'sh alloys.

And yes I know its high.lol. Will be getting some coilovers next month 😉.

Plans for tomorrow are to fit my 6n2 lights spray the rear badge black and dewiper the rear too.

Thanks for reading

Peace Nimal 😜

Soo today I changed my 6n rear lights for the 6n2 ones

image.jpg

free image uploading

Then I decided to dewiper and paint the vw badge

image.jpg

upload a gif

Started with the badge sanded it to give it a good key

image.jpg

upload gif from url

Then a quick spray with plastic primer

image.jpg

windows 7 screen shot

image.jpg

host image online

Then a few coats of matt black

image.jpg

image upload

Removed the wiper motor and screwed a long screw in the windscreen washer pipe

image.jpg

how to print screen on pc

I then took the rear wiper plastic housing and glued a Mauritius half Rupee coin perfect fit lol

image.jpg

upload pictures online

Sanded it down and fibre glassed it all over

image.jpg

image hoster

Sanded the fibreglass

image.jpg

free photo hosting

Applied filler and then sanded it down

image.jpg

image upload with preview

image.jpg

image upload no ads

Then primer

image.jpg

image upload without registration

Painted and fitted both badged and wiper blank

image.jpg

image hosting free

image.jpg

pic host

Good use of an old coin! What was it?

coin was from mauritius (half a rupee) . just pissd off with the car at the mo. money i put aside for a spray job will have to be used on a engine as mine is dieing slowly :( Edited by madnemo
wizardmanjm

Don't know why I have never seen this thread, lovely little touches and looks nice and original, what engine are you thinking of then if you have to replace it?

Don't know why I have never seen this thread, lovely little touches and looks nice and original, what engine are you thinking of then if you have to replace it?

thanks. dont know yet idealy just replace it with same engine as I'm strapped for cash rite now, then later next year hopfully afh with avy internals thats the plan if everything goes well. lol
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck sourcing an engine then mate and hope you can still get the respray

thanks. Not really an update, I'm still driving this poor thing stll hasnt died yet lol. Wish i can get an Afh engine but due to insurance (my mistake ) i cant till end of next year. I took out a 10 month policy with elephant and the 10 month bonus is not valid with most insurers as its not a one years no clams bonus. Soo I'm gona insure it again with elephant using my 10 month no clams bonus and make sure i insure it for 12 months this time.

This came today from the post man

2015_10_16_11_42_08.jpg

screen grab

2015_10_16_11_42_48.jpg

image hosting 10mb limit

my boy thinking wtf is inside lol

2015_10_16_11_43_55.jpg

images upload

wizardmanjm

Those fog lamps look proper nice. Can't wait to see then fitted

I would speak to elephant about rolling out out your policy starting a new policy on the same payment dates and then if you are eligible for your ncb in two months doing it that way it may be cheaper to cancel after you get the ncb and re-insure.

Worth a try although I know elephant to be strict on that already as I had a similar thing with them too

The amount of bargains you're picking up for this is brilliant! As above surprised I haven't seen the build..

Best of luck with it all.

Thanks guys.

My insurance ends at march . Soo i just gona renew it using my 10 months bonus and get it insured for 12 months then.

Long term plan is to convert it to a valver. Dont know if they do canyon red in 1.4 16v spec?

Thanks spudgti.

Not really an update, but today i drove my lil polo to work and the car was making a rattling noise and it found it hard to rev as if there was no power. Just gona drive it till it goes bang.. I should be getting a valver 6n by end of november mid december ;) . Then make a canyon red valver. Swear if it wasnt for the colour id have scrap it lol.

When my 8v did that, It turned out the cat had come loose and fallen over inside the housing, blocking up the exit to the pipe haha, got a massive drill and plenty of long tools and just smashed it out, made a massive difference!

When my 8v did that, It turned out the cat had come loose and fallen over inside the housing, blocking up the exit to the pipe haha, got a massive drill and plenty of long tools and just smashed it out, made a massive difference!

honest truth i cant be arsed to do anything to it until i get my AFH doner lol, its a mattter of finding one cheap, missed out on one last week on ebay red valver with coilovers and ronel turbos £400 ideal doner :-(. Looking at your thread R10tzor makes me want to make mine like yours but in red lol.

• Like 1

i will update this thread later. hopefully i should be collecting a 4door AFH doner car tonight. will update with pictures later on once i collect it.

Nimal

• Like 3

well for the past 2/3 weeks I've been searching high and low for an AFH doner, i nearly gave up and opt for a 1.4 8v engine then this pop up on gumtree last night https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/green-volkswagen-polo-1.4-16v/1140411202

rang him like midnight telling him this is mine and that i can collect it tomorrow (today) .

traveled to west london and bought it for £240 there and then.

left my house like half 2 got stuck in traffic arrived there at 4ish and there she was

2015_11_02_16_13_30.jpg
free upload

polo1.jpg
image upload no registration

polo66.jpg
image hosting 12mb

polo6.jpg
upload pic

polo5.jpg
image free hosting

polo7.jpg
upload gambar

he gave me the full v5 log book as i told him I'm just gona break it for the engine and box. soo basically i got a full afh engine & gearbox full wiring,front brakes and complete hub, valver rear lights, electric windows, cl, pas, front bumper and badges and headlights not forgetting the alloys too for £240 the rest will go to scrap, perfect doner as its a cat c car.

will update when I'm stripping both cars .

thanks nimal

• Like 2
kwijibo_coupe

Fantastic, just shows they aren't all victim to the scene tax yet. Good luck with the conversion.

• Like 1

Fantastic, just shows they aren't all victim to the scene tax yet. Good luck with the conversion.

thanks conversion should start around next week i think, gona have to pay my mate to do it but its all good. i dont think this doner car would ever be scene tax money just look at the state of it :lol: its just perfect for me to strip it naked

• Like 1