Sign in to follow this  
Dean

Club Polo - What features would you like to see on the site/forums?

Dean

Hi everyone,

Here at Club Polo we're always looking for ideas, features and suggestions to make the forums the best place to be! So we're asking our members and club members if they have ideas on how we can improve our site.
These could range from:

• A trader system with feedback for the sales section.
  • A market place for advertising cars, a news system with monthly updates.
  • Maybe revamping the site to feature a news system on the latest Polo's released with current prices, the best deals and more?

Whatever they are we'd love to here them!

The above are just some that we've been considering and recent feedback from a couple of members.

Social media is a big thing now so we're looking at ways to implement Instagram, Facebook and others into the site so it's easy to share photos and connect your accounts. We'll be pushing more media to these social sites while keeping the fundamental part of our site which of course is the place with all the knowledge! We want to build a community, where people can connect easily and can share ideas, guides and more. But, we need your help to build this social networking.

So what ideas do you have, please share them below.the team and I will be monitoring the ideas and we'll discuss them to see how we can add them and improve the site.

Many thanks, and we look forward to your ideas.

wizardmanjm

I thought a good idea could be to have a monthly competition called shot of the month and then the winner will have their photo on the homepage banner

Seen a few forums do it and it keeps things looking fresh too.

• Like 4

Dean

This is something I've looked at, also we will be looking to add featured rides/projects which we'll pick out and place on the front page to show off.

• Like 1

Ant9X

Love the idea of enthusiasts views on the pro's and con's of upgrades that are available on new cars, the best place to buy a new car ie Motorpoint or dealers.

Maybe a Club Magazine given to dealers to pass to their customers, which could encourage new members.

kiran_182

what about a top tips section where top intformation and shortcuts spotted by the mods or submitted get posted so people can view one thread full of usefull info

Ant9X

Encourage suppliers and individuals to respond to a members wish list. Member states what they require, including new, used cars/ parts, giving spec required, budget, and respondents are given a chance to reply in a sort of reverse auction. Service only for full members.

Mclovin

Encourage suppliers and individuals to respond to a members wish list. Member states what they require, including new, used cars/ parts, giving spec required, budget, and respondents are given a chance to reply in a sort of reverse auction. Service only for full members.

For something like that to work it needs to be active, limiting who can use the service wouldn't really be of benefit to anyone

Starface

I've only just joined the forum so I don't know if there's a feature for this but tagging other members in posts is useful in other forums I've used, in the same way it's done on Twitter by using an @ symbol before the users name. Always found it useful if I was showing someone a particular thread or getting their opinion on a discussion.

• Like 2

Ant9X

For something like that to work it needs to be active, limiting who can use the service wouldn't really be of benefit to anyone

If potential new members considered they would get value, they may join, if suppliers considered possibility of new customers they may join.

Dean

I've only just joined the forum so I don't know if there's a feature for this but tagging other members in posts is useful in other forums I've used, in the same way it's done on Twitter by using an @ symbol before the users name. Always found it useful if I was showing someone a particular thread or getting their opinion on a discussion.

This is available in a future update :)

• Like 2

Mclovin

If potential new members considered they would get value, they may join, if suppliers considered possibility of new customers they may join.

But they won't because only a limited amount of people would be able to use it, the less people using it, the less people would see joining to use it as a benefit. In terms of selling sites ect, you need to get it popular before even thinking about putting any sort of restrictions in place. Putting them in from the start is a kiss of death. Although what you have described is little more than a wanted section?

• Like 1

kwijibo_coupe

This is available in a future update :)

I think this alone would do wonders for getting people more involved in the forum.

kiran_182

what about a locatoin map that has functions to show the position of meets and events or show where evermemeber is according to the town they put in their profile. could also be used to mark decent independant shops and fitters

Dean

what about a locatoin map that has functions to show the position of meets and events or show where evermemeber is according to the town they put in their profile. could also be used to mark decent independant shops and fitters

Previously spoke about that and there was an out cry from people not wanting to give there location of where they live so we never bothered implementing it.

kiran_182

i was thinking more along the lines that it says there is a member there but doesnt give any clue to who it is, just as how many tells you how many of a car is on the road but not the owner of it

it can be broader and work on countys rather than towns, just to give people a feel for where the member base is in their part of the country

Dean

i was thinking more along the lines that it says there is a member there but doesnt give any clue to who it is, just as how many tells you how many of a car is on the road but not the owner of it

it can be broader and work on countys rather than towns, just to give people a feel for where the member base is in their part of the country

We can look in to that and obviously trail it, but I will have to check that it can be altered to show a wider area.

MelHiggins

Not quite a site related thing, but we should take the club to Silverstone Classic last w/end in July 2016! :D

nige8021

Not quite a site related thing, but we should take the club to Silverstone Classic last w/end in July 2016! :D

As I said in your other post, when we get a reply from Billing about dates for the "Social" then we will look into this event :)

• Like 2

v3ast

Just for ergonomic purposes of the website, include a drop down with subfolders e.g. Forums would have a drop down with subsections prelisted as shortcuts, (Technical, Buy and sell) Hopefully helps a little.

Dean

Just for ergonomic purposes of the website, include a drop down with subfolders e.g. Forums would have a drop down with subsections prelisted as shortcuts, (Technical, Buy and sell) Hopefully helps a little.

Something like this do you mean?

post-10666-0-33074200-1453731999_thumb.j

I will be adding custom menu's throughout the site when we upgrade our community later on in the year.

MelHiggins

As I said in your other post, when we get a reply from Billing about dates for the "Social" then we will look into this event :)

Heard anything from Billing? :)

kwijibo_coupe

Heard anything from Billing? :)

Yeah dates are confirmed http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=190

JamesGeorge

add HTML option in the posting options, cant see that it can be done at the moment, but would be helpful for images in for sale section :)

Dean

We won't be allowing HTML, and never have due to possibility of being able to embed HTML into the site, opening XSS security holes, and potentially allowing them access to areas they should not have. So for that reason and for the security of the site this option wont be allowed. Sorry.

herrdavies

We won't be allowing HTML, and never have due to possibility of being able to embed HTML into the site, opening XSS security holes, and potentially allowing them access to areas they should not have. So for that reason and for the security of the site this option wont be allowed. Sorry.

Are you a developer Dean? We've had to explain that several times at work in the past...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this