Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

daz_derby

sorry to be a let down but i wont be attending, i've decided to throw the towel in and give up fixing my polo. hope everyone has a great day

sowwee :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwijibo_coupe

• Buxton

• citrus

• MikeyMK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had a decent turn out at the Club Polo track day last year so I have spoken to Mazda On Track to organise another one this year. It will be held at Blyton Park again on the 16th July. For those tha

Haven't got many that came out that decent, need a proper lense...              

Brilliant day, shame more couldn't attend weather was great and a really chilled out atmosphere.  

Posted Images

kwijibo_coupe

2 - citrus - Polo GT - Club Member - Paid in Full
3 - hayesey - Polo G40 - Club Member - Paid in Full
4 - Yoof - Polo GT - Club Member - Paid in Full
5 - daz_derby - Polo 1.6 breadvan - Club Member - Paid in Full
6 - mikeymk - Polo S - Club Member - Paid in Full
7 - padsDjosham - Polo saloon - Club Member - Paid in Full
8 - Dave9n3 - Polo 9n3 - Club Member - Paid in Full
9 - buxton - 2f turbo - Club Member - Paid in Full

10 - sam Derry -ford fiesta zetec s -not a member - Paid in Full

11 -Jsw - not sure yet - Club member - Paid in Full

12 - Jose - Polo - Club Member - Paid in Full

Just a reminder that full payments need to be in by the 20th. If you can't pay by then just let me know when you can pay and we can sort something out.

@ziishan I've replied to your PM

@mick1987 Can you reply to my PMs please?

To everyone else please let me know when you have paid the remainder of the money. Or if you have paid it and I haven't updated your name please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
kwijibo_coupe

Everyone on the list above has now paid.

We have booked 13 places for the day and only 11 are taken so there is still 2 available to us. So if anyone else wants to go let me know and I'll give you the details.

Splant_1342

Hi there, really interested in the track day been chatting to Chris and told me to drop you a pm on social media just thought I would let you now on here, thanks 

Buxton
3 hours ago, Splant_1342 said:

Hi there, really interested in the track day been chatting to Chris and told me to drop you a pm on social media just thought I would let you now on here, thanks 

Cool think your all sorted now mate?

kwijibo_coupe

2 - citrus - Polo GT - Club Member - Paid in Full
3 - hayesey - Polo G40 - Club Member - Paid in Full
4 - Yoof - Polo GT - Club Member - Paid in Full
5 - daz_derby - Polo 1.6 breadvan - Club Member - Paid in Full
6 - mikeymk - Polo S - Club Member - Paid in Full
7 - padsDjosham - Polo saloon - Club Member - Paid in Full
8 - Dave9n3 - Polo 9n3 - Club Member - Paid in Full
9 - buxton - 2f turbo - Club Member - Paid in Full

10 - sam Derry -ford fiesta zetec s -not a member - Paid in Full

11 -Jsw - not sure yet - Club member - Paid in Full

12 - Jose - Polo - Club Member - Paid in Full

13 - Splant_1342 - Club Member - Paid

Sorted :)

Looking forward to it guys.

For those going just a little reminder. Remember to bring your driving licence and valid MOT certificate for your car. You will be required to show these and sign a waiver when you sign in. 

You will need a helmet, they are available for hire on the day but I much prefer just breathing in my own spit and sweat. If you need to hire a helmet please let me know ASAP. 

Your car needs to be in good working order, the track is much much harder on your car than you are (or think you are) on the road. So check all levels, bolts, pressures etc. etc. Also a little tip for those of us in early Polos. Don't go on track with a full tank, you will loose half of it round the first left hander and you will be called back into the pits and told you're leaking fuel. 

There will be a drivers briefing at the start of the day to tell you how the day works, track layout etc. etc. so if it is your first track day or first time at Blyton don't worry. After the briefing they then go ahead and do a couple sighting laps. I'd highly recommend you do these so you have an idea of where the track goes.

Lastly (and I'll probably say this again later) it is NOT a race. So don't go chasing people down and trying any silly moves. It is just a fun day out to test you and your car. Also no timing of the laps is allowed as they would also consider that as racing.

Any questions, just give me a shout :)

Splant_1342

thanks alot chris for the heads up and thanks steven for your patience in sorting the money out with you, muchly appreciated!8>)

kwijibo_coupe

I used roughly half a tank last year, although some of that might have ended up on the track. 

I did 40 track miles in total and I worked out my MPG as around 9MPG. So the also works out as roughly half a tank. 

It is only a couple miles from a small town with petrol stations. 

This year I'll make sure I have about half a tank and a couple jerry cans just in case.

• Like 2

Yeah, I only got about 35mpg.

Buxton

I have a shoei motorbike helmet, cost £390, So i hope its good quility and ok to bring?  Random question, do we have to were long sleeve tops/cloths or anything? I know places have rules so just double checking. 

Wow that's expensive, my head is only worth £50.

I think there was a rule about long sleeves, but a long sleeved T-shirt was fine.

I turned up last year with 3/4 tank of fuel and 2 x 5l jerrycans just incase, and after an hour on track had almost half a tank left.

Not too far away now :)

• Like 1
kwijibo_coupe

My head is worth under £100 too. So Chris your helmet will be fine.

Yeah they did day long sleeve tops were needed last year and windows had to be up.

Although they allowed them to be down slightly to let air in and you could roll you sleeves up a little to keep cool too.

• Like 1
kwijibo_coupe

I'll need to get back to you. All 13 places I originally reserved have been taken. I'll check if MOT have more.

Hi, sorry to mess you about but I've just found out I go away on the 14th :-( Absolutely gutted!!! 

Will you be doing another this year?

kwijibo_coupe

No problem, they haven't got back to me yet anyway.

We won't be doing another one until next year :(

Was just checking motorbike helmets were allowed, more then the price of

them, i only said about the price of mine as i think its good quilty helmet.

I think even proper "dirt bike" helmets are ok. Mine was from a motorbike shop in the sales :)

I did find gloves helped too, as my hands got pretty sweaty!

There isn't, we normally park up pretty close to the track and just leave stuff sitting about. There's no one there that isn't a car nut, so your stuff should be fine. 

No problems with motorbike helmets, only thing is you might get a bit warm in a full face inside a car, but that's just a comfort consideration. I used my flip front, that I wear on the scooter, last year and had the front up the whole time. 

• Like 1
kwijibo_coupe

I left a good few hundred quids worth of tools and spares sitting about last year and nothing went missing. We all parked up in a group and there wasn't a time we were all on track together so your stuff will always be looked after by someone. Also everyone else had their own tools and parts so there isn't a need for things to go walkies.

• Like 1