stormtrooper

Public Domain insurance search?

stormtrooper

My insurance said they had done a "public domain" search then asked if my car was turbo charged... Is this a normal question or insurance to ask?

kwijibo_coupe

Insurance companies have a database that tells them if you're telling porkies in regards to claims or driving convictions. In reality I think they should stop asking you all the questions as they always search the database to confirm what you've told them.

As for the car though they would only have access to the information you have access to, as in MOT, tax and basic details of make and model etc.

I can't think of anything they can search which will tell them that the car is turbo charged?

937carrera

It's think it's fairly normal quistion to ask especially if some in a car range are and some are not.

You should look back at your own posts and you'll see why someone might be thinking you have done an engine swap. Have a look at your own profile for recent visitors too :paranoid::wink:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.