Insuring a stolen recovered vehicle?

I'm interested in a mk2 breadvan which is for sale but i recently done a registration check on the car and it turns out it was stolen in 2003.I just wondered weather anyone has had any experience with insuring a stolen revcovered vehicle in the past weather it increased there insurance? I'm 17 I have no NCD and I've been driving since September so I can't really afford for it to rapidly increase my insurance.

Not wanting to ask a stupid question, but does it show as stolen, or stolen recovered? It is possible that the owner got the car back, but the marker never got cleared.

It can show on the logbook (bottom of the front page) if the car has been the subject of an insurance claim, but not always. This can sometimes make the insurance a bit steeper, depending how hard the insurer looks into the car's history.

If it doesn't say anything on the logbook, dig a bit deeper just to be safe. The DVLA can be helpful if they're in a good mood and you talk to them right.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help out.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.