Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Scirocco GTX

kiran_182

kiran_182

Been taking this out as often as i can and people seem love a scirocco. Been doing other small bits to tidy it up

Numberplate lights

20160611_104152_zpss2vjpulz.jpg

Also replaced the steering rack uj boot 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiran_182

• matt01

• wizardmanjm

• kwijibo_coupe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So new seats, fits around the rear strut brace nicely   Gt gear knob   Clear indicators        

Picked up a new project, before I start a bit of history taken from the last owners build thread "Hey guys picked up a little project from "everlust" last weekend so thought if start a little project

Wur??

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done with this so far bud you take this to shows over the polo then 

I know what you mean about the comments thing I have a mk2 gt and it gets looks everywhere even had a police officer admiring it. 

• 4 months later...
kiran_182

so it been a while since anything happened in this. almost got it out the other day, wanted to get under to remove the old exhaust 

20170130_164852_zpsqkw5qad8.jpg

looks like ill have to drop the axel to fit the new one so new bushes and so on

Edited by kiran_182

Fitted poly bushes on the axle a few months before you had it so they shouldn't need re-doing I wouldn't have thought 

kiran_182

cool, i wont need to then. if you could pm the stuff you did that would be awesome. 

finished putting the boot together

20170201_084157_zpspgm58prj.jpg

gonna start over on the engine bay. hg, cambelt and so on make sure its all good before the performance work happens. close to 200bhp is possible so will look forward to seeing what i can get 

• 3 weeks later...
kiran_182

been thinking about protecting the uj from the exhaust manifold and settled on using the exhaust wrap on the bottom half, once the exhaust is also wrapped they will press against eachother 

added this too

20170218_135741_zpsegxmelsq.jpg

and a boot carpet, shame to undo the work someone done stripping it out but the need to carry stuff prevails 

kiran_182

did a bit more 

20170225_121351_zps52gjbccn.jpg

driving rack book replaced, as always it was a pain to to stretch onto the holders

20170225_124236_zpshixb5tbo.jpg

20170225_124246_zpsrx7gtfem.jpg

took the time to measure the pionon and center the rack.

had to take quite abit out of the bay to do it so heatwrap before this goes in again

20170225_121345_zpsi3je73bb.jpg

Edited by kiran_182
kiran_182

some  more bits 

wrapped some parts of the exhaust

20170304_123026_zpssxckgbq6.jpg

20170304_141326_zpsvq8tjpry.jpg

wrapped the uj with heatwrap 

20170225_124236_zpshixb5tbo.jpg

20170304_124558_zpsy6bweo2y.jpg

kiran_182

re wrapped the downpipe to allow the lambda sensor to be added. working round it was tricky to get coverage without layering up the back 

20170311_145437_zpsdppfnrlw.jpg

wrapped the upper half too, itchy hands 

• 2 weeks later...
kiran_182

wrapped the 421 top aswell, was tricky to get it back together as the thickness of the wrap puts the spacing off 

20170311_154837_zpszm6w4two.jpg

also cleaned the brake res 

20170317_132837_zpsq5fgslg9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
kiran_182

progress has been happening, been chipping away at it as an when i get time

repaired and fitted a rocco 16v loom and begun figuring out wheee it all goes. the looms been altered to include a 2nd ecu plug and theres a few plugs in the bay that have nothing to match too but itll work out

gotta get the vacuum pipework sorted next and fit the rest of the exhaust 

kiran_182

more progress,

tapped the abf throttle body to take the 16v cable holder, never tapped a hole before so took it slow and steady and worked opposite corners 

20170429_115431_zpsiernddpq.jpg

20170429_121045_zpsyi4asdu0.jpg

20170429_145007_zpsmhn8uu1f.jpg

20170429_145914_zpsxrojov7e.jpg

gave me an interesting problem as all 16v roccos are lhd so the cable doesnt fit neither does uk 16v cables so took advice on a mk2 golf 1.3 cable 

• 1 month later...
kiran_182

this is how it buils up at the mo, everything fits, just vacuum hoses and such to do

20170531_142612_zpsgtgszxdl.jpg

added this cover too

20170531_142626_zps796bakej.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
kiran_182

its getting there, im not getting hung up on having it done, itll finish when its finished

the manifold happened to be white, id have gone with gun metal grey like some of the parts on the polo. 

still lots on the list to do before i turn it over. might bring it over when its reliable

• 3 weeks later...
kiran_182

Did a strip down and final build up yestetday, routed the loom injector lines and other bits to their final places and secured them as  everything wants to be in the same 10" square so its quite busy

Been cranking but not firing at the mo. Its and abf on rocco 16v injection so the crank sensor shouldnt be needed but correct me if im wrong

Have 12v coming down the king lead but not reacing the spark plugs, new dizzy cap and rotor and waiting on new leads. Fuel is reaching the injectors but not firing so will up the pressure and see if it works

kiran_182

Didnt put the new petrol tank on as i didnt have any foam for the top so itll wait. Probably paint the tank shield whilst its off