Black GTI

NickHardcastle

So, I've had my car just over two weeks and already put 700 miles on it! Love this thing.

Just done my first mod.. Hecko wind deflectors. Quite easy to do, only took 15mins or so.

post-923378-0-28454100-1460305482_thumb.post-923378-0-74806300-1460305504_thumb.

Got quite a few plans for this coming up, starting with tinting rear window later this week, custom / development exhaust at the end of the month, and maybe a bit of red vinyl to add some colour 😀

Once I'm happy with the exterior, let the performance modding commence 😀

• Like 2

Very nice in black! I nearly had black when I ordered mine. Looks good. Great to see a five door, first one I have seen. 5 doors makes car seem bigger and more practical, but as mainly just me in mine I opted for 3. What interior did you go for?

Oh and not many performance parts out yet. Aren't you worried about voiding the warranty as I am not touching mine for first three years?

Very nice in black! I nearly had black when I ordered mine. Looks good. Great to see a five door, first one I have seen. 5 doors makes car seem bigger and more practical, but as mainly just me in mine I opted for 3. What interior did you go for?

It was a top up between 3 or 5, and even though I don't often use rear seats, I still like the practicality of a 5 door.. Never know what might come along over next couple of years And went for red tartan style. Had the option sat there of leather and altcantara which is an amazing material, but the tartans classic GTI IMO.

Oh and not many performance parts out yet. Aren't you worried about voiding the warranty as I am not touching mine for first three years?

Warranty covers sod all anyway. If I put an exhaust on, but something breaks completely unrelated then they'll still fix that issue. And tuning it is just flashing via OBD, so I'd just get local tuner put standard map back on.. Known him for a good few years so he'd be happy to sort. Just cross that bridge when I need to

So, slight update. Got my rear windows tinted today up to a 95% tint and I love it!! Had to take rear wind deflectors off to fit it, so in 3 days they'll be back just to finish that part of the car off. 😀

post-923378-0-43833600-1460669038_thumb.

Currently deciding on a gloss black sun strip as well 😕

Let me know what you guys think!!

• Like 1

Looks really nice, think the sun strip would make it look tacky though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Evening guys!

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but went and got a sunstrip fitted and put rear deflectors back on. The picture doesn't really do it any justice.. Actually looks pretty good in person and blends in well.

post-923378-0-97296100-1461260065_thumb.

Custom exhaust is the next job which is getting done next week, and had a bit of a chav moment for some mad graphics.. Going to be marmite but will certainly be different so will see what happens with that. In the process of getting designs drawn up.. Nothing too complex, just a bit bold :D

• Like 1

No! Not graphics! Look it's your car so do what you like, but I would not be doing that, you will devalue the car a lot!

Suns trip looks good!

No! Not graphics! Look it's your car so do what you like, but I would not be doing that, you will devalue the car a lot!

Suns trip looks good!

I know they will be hit and miss, but the way I see it, I will only do things that can be reversed. Take after my Dad with his Focus RS he used to have - used to change the graphic design every year, and when he took everything off for the final time to sell, the paint work was still mint, so when it came to selling everything was fine :smile:

• Like 1

Not really much an update, but gave both my toys a clean today and got them out for their first pictures together! :D

post-923378-0-16944800-1461419830_thumb.

• Like 1

Evening people! Not really much of an update yet, but there will be soon.. Anyone guess where my car is, going off the courtesy van? ;) :)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

DEVELOPMENT CAT BACK SYSTEM BEING FITTED TOMORROW!! Properly cannot contain how excitement I am! :D

• Like 1

Already seen those and they sound amazing! 

Exhaust was completed today and WOW. WOW. WOW. 

Its just awesome! Give me a couple of days and I'll get a proper video uploaded :D 

• Like 1

Well, ladies and gentlemen, hear it is! The KMS Motorsport cat-back system! 

This thing is crazy loud when you put your foot down, but nice and refined when pottering about. 

Nice deep bass noise, few pops and crackles, and really good for not droning on the motorway! 

This system is crazy.. If you want it just call KMS Motorsport in Wigan, say you've spoke to Nick Hardcastle, and the cost of the exhaust is £550. It's sooooo good!! 

Let me know your thoughts. 

https://youtu.be/82iG-zhrq3I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickHardcastle said:

Well, ladies and gentlemen, hear it is! The KMS Motorsport cat-back system! 

This thing is crazy loud when you put your foot down, but nice and refined when pottering about. 

Nice deep bass noise, few pops and crackles, and really good for not droning on the motorway! 

This system is crazy.. If you want it just call KMS Motorsport in Wigan, say you've spoke to Nick Hardcastle, and the cost of the exhaust is £550. It's sooooo good!! 

Let me know your thoughts. 

https://youtu.be/82iG-zhrq3I

Sounds nice! I'm not planning on making any mods to mine (at least not until warranty runs out), with the exception of turning off the aktuator. 

• Like 1

Cheers for the comments guys! I know it won't be everyones cup of tea, but getting some graphics on the car next Wednesday, incorporating VW Racing into it as well. Will be quite Marmite, but they are only temporary as there are ideas in the pipeline for full wrap, which should be quite special! :D

• Like 1