Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Polo GTI 9n3 Scorpion Exhaust development

chazbuxton

chazbuxton

Hi Guy's

Scorpion are interested in developing a fully interchangeable system for the 9n3 Gti.

Who would be interested in this? the system will be similar to the popular Milltek application for the vehicle.

If I can get at least 10 people interested I can get 20% off retail.

What do you think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave9n3

• chazbuxton

• Yeti

• Jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you let us know if you work for Scorpion? Not necessarily a problem if you do, but it does effect how we can let you advertise this if you are doing it on behalf of the business.

People would also probably need a lot more info, if it's just going to be scorpions version of the miltek one unless they're coming in a fair bit cheaper people probably won't consider it. I assume y

Sounds good, the 1.8t's benefit quite a bit from running a 3" downpipe. I currently have a milltek system which is very good. I wouldn't be after a full system for that reason though if you were produ

Could you let us know if you work for Scorpion? Not necessarily a problem if you do, but it does effect how we can let you advertise this if you are doing it on behalf of the business.

• Like 1

People would also probably need a lot more info, if it's just going to be scorpions version of the miltek one unless they're coming in a fair bit cheaper people probably won't consider it.

I assume you're affiliated in some way with scorpion but if you want a unique selling point I'd be looking at making it 3" downpipe section into 2.5" mid and back section.

Milltek is 2.5" all the way through, 3" downpipe is more desirable but no one yet does an off the shelf solution, making it compatible with the milltek cat back system would also help as you'd probably sell a fair few downpipe sections for people to lob on they're milltek cat back. More flow = more power :P

My take on it so feel free to shoot me down but I feel like I know these cars fairly well

• Like 1
chazbuxton

Hi guy's Yes I work there, It would be direct with them for a group buy... 

We are looking at developing a slightly bigger bore down pipe 2.75in / 3in this is usually where we see the best power improvements. Cat-Back we are looking at keeping 2.5in maybe even 2.75in finished in the awesome looking 'Daytona' tailpipes which will be black ceramic coated or highly polished.

Sounds good, the 1.8t's benefit quite a bit from running a 3" downpipe. I currently have a milltek system which is very good. I wouldn't be after a full system for that reason though if you were producing 3" down-pipes i would be tempted if the price wasn't massive. My friend is having one custom made at JP exhausts in macclesfield very soon

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Would be good to see the JP one as they are sh*t hot! & see the group buy one to compare and compare prices.

I run a JP manifold and full system and cant fault it, workmanship is insane.

Think it ended up circa 220 quid. He's had it on a couple weeks now and hopefully he will see the gain when it's mapped.