griff

Griff's Polo GTI

griff

Ordered my new Polo GTI last week, thought I may as well start a thread now that it's all confirmed :smile:

Spec below -

Solid black, manual, parabolica wheels, tartan interior, sport performance pack, parking pack, centre armrest & added on the carnet app connect thingy today. 

Spoke to the dealer and should be able to get the aktuator (fake engine noise generator) switched off via VCDS (result)

Also treating it to some nice pressed number plates (ooo posh) but tbh that's probably about as far as I'll be taking the 'modding' 

One thing the dealer mentioned was that he couldn't place the order until Thursday, something to do with switching over to the 2017 model - got all excited until he mentioned the only thing changing this time was the AC liquid

very excited, going to be a long wait! For now you'll have to make do with some configurator pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

NickHardcastle

Love the black GTIs, hence why I got one, apart from mine's 5 door for the practicality. Beautiful cars mate.. sooooooooo much fun!! And good choice on the manual.. drove manual and auto and you can feel the extra torque from the manual.. Plus its more fun flicking through gears while down country lanes. Not got sport pack on mine though, but intend to stiffen suspension and get it mapped anyway - plus with the exhaust it sounds mint! If you fancy a map, look at APR stage one.. takes it up to 240bhp with no extra mods! :D 

Edited by NickHardcastle
  • Like 1

griff
42 minutes ago, NickHardcastle said:

Love the black GTIs, hence why I got one, apart from mine's 5 door for the practicality. Beautiful cars mate.. sooooooooo much fun!! And good choice on the manual.. drove manual and auto and you can feel the extra torque from the manual.. Plus its more fun flicking through gears while down country lanes. Not got sport pack on mine though, but intend to stiffen suspension and get it mapped anyway - plus with the exhaust it sounds mint! If you fancy a map, look at APR stage one.. takes it up to 240bhp with no extra mods! :D 

cheers Nick

tbh I went for the sport pack mainly to have the softer option when needed - had it on an A3 before and it helped (a bit) with crappy surfaces/normal cruising

remap sounds like a good shout once the warranty runs out :smile:

NickHardcastle
4 hours ago, griff said:

cheers Nick

tbh I went for the sport pack mainly to have the softer option when needed - had it on an A3 before and it helped (a bit) with crappy surfaces/normal cruising

remap sounds like a good shout once the warranty runs out :smile:

Check out my build thread.. There's a video on there of my car, as I've fitted a custom exhaust to it! Sounds mint! :D 

• Like 1

griff
58 minutes ago, NickHardcastle said:

Check out my build thread.. There's a video on there of my car, as I've fitted a custom exhaust to it! Sounds mint! :D 

I already commented on it :D

Does sound good, I guess the warranty implications from fitting a new exhaust wouldn't be too bad?

I'm still reluctant (too tight :roll:) to change anything yet though

Buggirl

The suspense must be killing you!  It drove me mad!  Well worth the wait though!

griff

Big update today!

well actually not really, pressed number plates turned up (that's it)

they do look great though, just wish I had something to stick them on :o

• Like 1

griff

time appears to have slowed down :lazy:, how long does it normally take to get a build date?

long.JPG

• Like 1

NickHardcastle

When I worked for VW, a factory order could be anything up to 10 weeks I'm afraid mate. Had some even longer than that.. Just depends if the spec you have requested, whether there was some already in the pipeline to be made or not :-(

griff

Logged into the VW site today & saw this..

'Your order has been confirmed for production week commencing 13/06/2016'

tbh I still have no idea how long it's gonna take, but the main thing is that it's moved on to the next stage! :smile:

• Like 1

Buggirl

After build week it's about another two to three weeks, at least that's what mine was!  Soon be here!  It has to go from Spain to Germany and then is sent to Grimsby before being sent to your dealer.  Exciting!  

• Like 1

griff

Not a polo but VW-related so thought I'd share anyway, my dad was at an auction & picked up this little bug :) Will be heading my way soon!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

griff

in transit now from Spain to Grimsby - around 4 weeks or so to go!

• Like 1

griff
On 5/23/2016 at 05:47, Buggirl said:

After build week it's about another two to three weeks, at least that's what mine was!  Soon be here!  It has to go from Spain to Germany and then is sent to Grimsby before being sent to your dealer.  Exciting!  

according to my dealer, only the Polos built in South Africa go via Germany, so you may have been fed some BS
this could of course also be BS, since another sales guy I spoke to previously said they were built in Portugal 

Buggirl

Just to add to this, if you had ordered a 5 door some of them are made in South Africa but all 3 s are from Spain.

• Like 1

NickHardcastle
On 6 July 2016 at 11:40, griff said:

This Friday!!!!!

Good luck for today mate, hope everything's okay with the car! Bet you can't wait.. You're gonna love it!! Worst bit is running it in and keeping revs down :D 

• Like 1

griff

Finally got round the m25! Very happy :)

Edited by griff

griff

886ECB1A-A8E2-4FCF-814B-22F52EF68087_zps

C5E2783F-D434-4795-BFFE-FCFF8FD4E8C3_zps

EAA1E2FC-5C52-4725-90F9-BE22B1432D93_zps

Edited by griff
Duplicate pic
  • Like 1

griff

Had the car for just over a week now and love it, noticed though that I'm getting a bit of a 'clunk' sometimes from the front of the car when braking (usually at slow speeds)

Didn't want to ignore it so took it into my local VW dealer this morning and their mechanic gave it a spin round the block a few times - turns out this is definitely not a normal sound and it's booked in for an inspection 2nd week in August (earliest they could sort a courtesy car as they'll need it for a couple of days). Don't think it's serious but while it's new and under warranty I want to make sure that it's spot on.

• Like 1

griff
On 8 July 2016 at 12:50, NickHardcastle said:

Good luck for today mate, hope everything's okay with the car! Bet you can't wait.. You're gonna love it!! Worst bit is running it in and keeping revs down :D 

Up to over 1500 miles now, think it's safe to say it's run in!

Drove it all over the weekend & loving it :)

NickHardcastle
11 hours ago, griff said:

Up to over 1500 miles now, think it's safe to say it's run in!

Drove it all over the weekend & loving it :)

I'm up to 6200 since end of March - can't stop driving it! :D Getting more power for mine end of September.. Stage 2 map, downpipe and de-cat. Intercooler on order too. Should be pushing 280hp.. Deffo won't stop driving it then :tongue: