Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Gutted

volksfan1

I had to have an operation to have my cartilage replaced and was told by the nurse today, who was admiring my Polo 6N that i may have to sell it and buy a bigger car for the leg room !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How can i part with this

24ea2affc2d1e66fb0a6e0f2337ef59a.jpg

I'm devastated, has anybody else had knee issues and found the car ok to continue driving with no issues over space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• volksfan1

• Yeti

• kwijibo_coupe

• Dean

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always thought a 6n was roomy enough for the driver and passenger. I'm 6'1" and find they have plenty of room inside. I'd go as far to say they have more leg room than the likes of a modern BMW or A

I'm 5'11 1/2 and I had plently of room too. I sit quite far back as I have long legs.

Wouldn't worry I'm 6ft 1 and drive 6n2 and not long sold my 6n and have no issues.

kwijibo_coupe

I always thought a 6n was roomy enough for the driver and passenger. I'm 6'1" and find they have plenty of room inside. I'd go as far to say they have more leg room than the likes of a modern BMW or Audi as they all have low slung seats and massive centre consoles these days.

• Like 1
volksfan1

I was thinking that there was but as i haven't been back in the car since my op she gave me a doubt but i just was after reassurance more than anything else.

She didnt believe its only got 43K on the clock as her 2yr old Kia Cee'd has that on.

I'm 5'11 1/2 and I had plently of room too. I sit quite far back as I have long legs.

• Like 1
volksfan1

Thanks for your replies, I'm 6'1" tall and had no issues before the op.

I'm going to stick with my Polo as she can keep on enjoying her Kia Cee'd, or as we know it as the different badged Astra.

There's possibly a thread there, cars makers who's cars are badged versions of an older model from another car company.

• 2 weeks later...
volksfan1

I decided to keep my 6N and treated it to a new exhaust too. Mot time coming and whilst my mate mot's it the new exhaust will go on. With 43K on the clock, all belts changed, full service and the new wheels and tyres i put in it then it should last me several years [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji19]

I've got knee trouble and haven't found legroom to be a problem in any Polo except when I've got the back seats down. The only time I really have a problem is the weight of the clutch in mk1-3's if I'm in traffic for a long time. The thing people forget is although older cars look small on the outside, there's loads of room in them.

If I put the seat right back in the Ibiza (9n platform) I can barely reach the pedals.

• Like 1
volksfan1

Thanks mate, i just cant wait to get back in it to prove the nurses theory wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
volksfan1

Sat in the polo today and as we thought there are no issues. It looking a bit of a sad state as it needs a good clean and polish but that shouldn't be too far off now

volksfan1

Decided to put on the new centre caps to see how the look, not too shabby if i do say so

a0d1fc316a7cd42c9ca05ebbab1ef535.jpg

8235af62c2da6cfdf5ee8ea3ac9f3e4a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
volksfan1

So, MOT time this month and although im not the nervous type the car was dropped at the garage yesterday and i sat at home like an expectant father waiting for the delivery of good or bad news.

It failed but only on a damaged CV gaiter and an advisory of an exhaust leak, which i knew about the exhaust, i had already bought a new one as i could hear the tut tut noise.

Any way, today - hooray a pass and no advisories. Not bad for a 21 yr old car.

Im picking up front and rear 16V bumpers at the weekend for it too. Im glad i didn't sell it. Its a brilliant car with 44K on the clock.

Next up, my daughters breadvan

No worries, glad it's worked out for you!