GT-BOB

Anyone used to own this mk2 van??? or know much about them

GT-BOB

Has anyone on here owned this before (its white underneath lol) ... I'm suposed to be buying for my next project next week and just wondered if anyone knew the car... also wondered if there were any interesting facts i should know about mk2 vans.... this is the first one I've seen in the flesh...

13232876_10208683133262938_5490801459376374555_n.jpg

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

That the one that was on facebook for sale? Never seen it before myself or even a mk2 van.

In fact I didn't even believe it existed until he posted the log book.. I thought there were only ml2f from factory.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GT-BOB

yea mate thats the one, i didnt believe it either lol, but I've checked the panels from the inside many times since buying it and they are legit. haha

kwijibo_coupe

It is a real van, the reg comes back saying 'car derived van' the same as what my van does too. so it is as legit as they come.

According to 'How Many Left' there are only 17 left so it is probably one of the rarest early Polo models.

My advice would be hold on to it, clean it up and don't ruin it.

• Like 1

GT-BOB

yeah it says that on logbook which was the only reason i bought it and that it was local to me, do you have one too kwijibo??? love to see some pics... personally i think its pretty ugly but been itchin for a project for ages so just bought it lol, not into over modding so first job will be replacing a few panels and getting it into white primer so its halfway back to its original colour until i can afford a respray... just putin it back to as standard as i can get it really, probably stick it on some gt steels too and lower in slightly. finding it really hard to find out anything about them but came across a dutch vw brochure for the mk2 golf and polo vans on ebay so got that coming soon so hopefully there will be plently of pics in it i can go by... 

kwijibo_coupe

I have a mk2f van, it's been around the block a few times and isn't the cleanest example but I like the rarity of it.

I look forward to seeing how you get on with yours.