Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

2006 VW Polo Aux Input

Hello

Recently I have become the proud owner of a Red VW Polo 9N (2006 Facelift) but sadly it is an E trim :-(. The insurance was cheaper, but beggars cant be choosers. :spiteful:

I am looking to add an Aux input but after scouring the net for answers I have been left more confused. 

My stereo is a basic stock RCD 200 (I think) that comes fitted with 06 Polos. I would really appreciate it if one of you guys could guide me to a compatible kit that will allow me to plug in my phone and listen to music. Just to let you know I have an iPhone 5. 

I have seen connects 2 kits etc but I have also seen kits that are pin connectors without the grey box these have an aux input on the end. I have absolutely no clue. :unknw:

If you have the same car/stereo your help will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAS96

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

If it is the RCD 200 then it has a 12 pin connector for connecting to a 6 disc CD changer or iPod cradle, if you search on eBay for "RCD 200 aux input" there are a few around £24

Thanks Nige!

I have found a few connectors on Ebay but I am unsure as to which one will actually work with the RCD 200. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Aux-Input-Adaptor-Audio-Interface-Converter-RCD200-RCD300-RCD500-/270788005564?hash=item3f0c390ebc:g:qJAAAOSwUV9Wn8pH - This one is £24 and states that it works with the RCD 200.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Audi-VW-iPod-iPhone-4-5-6-Samsung-Aux-Audio-Cable-Adaptor-Interface-Lead-New-/112009191859?hash=item1a1444a1b3:g:Ic8AAOSwiylXB21e - Theres also this one that is considerably cheaper but is just a basic pin with a male aux on the end. The listing says that it will work with 2006 Polo's but no mention of the RCD 200. 

Do you think the second one will get the job done? Or should I get the first one?

Thanks. 

nige8021

I would go with the first one to be on the safe side :)