nige8021

The Polo Social - 30th June - 02nd July 2017

nige8021    846
nige8021

This is an advance posting regarding "The Social" for 2017, mainly for those needing to get holidays booked before the new year. 

OK everyone, as most of you already know, Billing Aquadrome have cancelled all future car events, So we have a new venue arranged for the 2017 event.

Kelham Hall & Country Park
Main Road, Kelham
Newark, Nottinghamshire
NG23 5QX

The dates have been set Friday 30th June to Sunday 02nd July

There are still a few items we need to get sorted, when these are in place, another post will be made with the final details, pricing etc, 

You will then be able to book your camping via our shop,

• Like 6

kwijibo_coupe    988
kwijibo_coupe

Also this is the first time we are doing the bookings and passes ourselves, so if you have any issues just give us a shout. I will be sending out the passes myself and I'll probably send them in big batches until we get closer to the time. But if it gets to a couple weeks before the Social and you haven't got your pass then just fire me a PM and I'll get it sorted. :smile:

• Like 2

Dean    920
Dean

Full Details - Will be posted through the forums.

REMEMBER TO RSVP!

The Polo Social - Friday 30th June to Sunday 02nd July (Formerly The Polo Show)

The Polo Social, What is it?
The Polo Social is a social event held on 30th June - 2nd July that is put on by Club Polo which is open to all VW Polo owners from any Club. So if you are part of a local club bring everyone down and grab a spot in the field.

What to Expect?
A relaxed event where you can catch up with other members, see their cars and meet new people from the club. Expect a big club meet which lasts the weekend with some beers and BBQs!

Whats going on?
Details are yet to be finalised but plans are for the club BBQ to return on the Saturday night, Show and Shine on the Sunday. We are looking to have some things going Saturday day and hopefully a car related film on the Saturday night.

Where is it?
Kelham Hall , Newark, Nottinghamshire NG23 5QX, UK
This is the first time we've held an event here and we hope the venue will really suits the clubs event.

What do you need?
If you are camping then you need the general camping gear of tent, sleeping bag, etc. If you want to clean your car up for the show and shine on the Sunday there will be a cold water supply so bring your bucket and cleaning gear.

How much does it cost and how to book?
The bookings can now be made via our shop http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/store/category/4-the-polo-social-tickets-2017/

Prices are for 4 persons/tent & Day visitor prices are per car

The Pre-booking will close 10 days before the event ( 20th June 2017) so we can ensure your camping passes are posted to you

A pitch is for a tent for up to 4 people, if you have extra cars we will charge you extra.
To book http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/store/category/4-the-polo-social-tickets-2017/

Also this is the first time we are doing the bookings and passes ourselves, so if you have any issues please contact clubpolo though the contact us form.
We will be sending out the passes in big batches until we get closer to the time. But if it gets to a couple weeks before the Social and you haven't got your pass then please do contact us we'll get it sorted asap.

• Like 1

Clempwnzu    3
Clempwnzu

Did we get any info on why billing cancelled all future car events, we were highly praised for our clean up effort and general conduct last year?

kwijibo_coupe    988
kwijibo_coupe

Apparently they want to focus more on family camping rather than hosting car events. But with the reaction it got on Facebook, I can see them back tracking on this decision next year.

Tattycartravels    9
Tattycartravels

As a local boy, I've spent years attending all the car/landrover shows at billing.

i'm gutted about the decision, they say more efforts are going into more family related activities (the car shows already catered for the whole family!). 

A more realistic reason to the stop of the car shows is the on going development of the residential areas (static caravans). These are closing down the actual space available and that means no space for the bigger shows.. I'm holding on and hope they bring a few smaller shows back next year but will have to see 

nige8021    846
nige8021
38 minutes ago, Tattycartravels said:

As a local boy, I've spent years attending all the car/landrover shows at billing.

Only tonight I looked @ Billings site and in the events section there are only two listed, a Sealed Knot gathering May day weekend and the Balloon festival in early August, by this time last year there was an event most weekends, so their takings will be down by many £1000's  & that won't make the "bean counters" happy at the end of year balance sheets come in !! So we can only wait and see ?? However the shite we had to go through last year will need to be sorted before thinking of returning !!

K03    37
K03

what if we cant prebook 10days before? gonna be touch and go regarding if the cars done/health/getting time off etc etc

Yeti    355
Yeti

That's on the list of stuff we still need to sort out I'm afraid. Kelham don't normally do on the day bookings, and we wouldn't be able to do the Club Member's discount on a booking made directly with Kelham. So, whilst you'd still be able to come, they might charge a bit more. 

• Like 1

nige8021    846
nige8021

We have an inflatable obstacle course booked for some fun on the Saturday

58e4d18b230f1_InflatableObstaclecourse1.thumb.jpg.ed2d8fb8fe749efa153c4ad1c4dda92c.jpg

58e4d198b27e5_InflatableObstaclecourse2.thumb.jpg.fb7e9b3d9acd5d34a94ce07f955a5626.jpg

35' long 14' wide & 12' high

• Like 2

Jake    167
Jake

Only 5 weeks to go until the Social!

Get your tickets pre-booked through the forum store :)

Paid members will receive discount.

dvderlm    159
dvderlm

I don't think my car can make it  over that obstacle course.

Practical question.  Can a day visitor stay overnight, or  is there a fee for 2nd car  at same tent  pitch?

kwijibo_coupe    988
kwijibo_coupe
On 25/05/2017 at 19:23, dvderlm said:

I don't think my car can make it  over that obstacle course.

Practical question.  Can a day visitor stay overnight, or  is there a fee for 2nd car  at same tent  pitch?

You'd need to pay for camping, you can do this on the day if you decide to stay, just see one of the Club Polo staff and we will sort you out.

• Like 1

nige8021    846
nige8021

The discounted rate for Pre=Paid members will end this coming Sunday night 19/06 after this date the full rates will apply members or not !

Jake    167
Jake

Only a week to go :)

Jake    167
Jake

Only 3 Days to go :)

Christian6N    72
Christian6N

a bit lonesome here. could need some support.

IMG_2099.thumb.JPG.882988d3175ca35b36f45cf86531851a.JPG

• Like 4

dvderlm    159
dvderlm

Gruss Christian!

I see you have put a towel down on the best sunlounger spot...

• Like 2

Christian6N    72
Christian6N

:-)

• Like 2

Marcus    1
Marcus

Hi all,

I am hoping to get to the social on Sunday. It will be the first time for me at a Club Polo event... S0 will drag the bread-van out of the nettles:smile:- and head your way!

Marcus.

• Like 1

Christian6N    72
Christian6N

That happened today:

Liz and Nige came here. After Yeti came with the new Clubgazebo, we have built it up.

Then the scotish team came.

Thats the real hard core. 

I for myself have decided, i need a small caravan which i can tow with the polo...... 

IMG_2137.thumb.JPG.1fadddcbf6d7bb02699e6dfd60411ca3.JPG

IMG_2116.thumb.JPG.0f3d19e270a6268936c047660d392b9d.JPG

• Like 1