• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabigginger

• kwijibo_coupe

• rodeater

• SpudMcWheels

Updated list:

The first lot of parts are available for collection only (in Southampton):

G40 full blend charger Rebuilt by G-Werks in 2009. Has only covered a couple of thousand miles since. The timing belt was replaced by John Mitchell Racing in 2014. Receipts to prove the servicing (but not the full blend). I also have a spare set of oil seals that I can provide with this. £500 Reduced: £450

256mm brake setup Includes calipers, carriers, discs and pads. I can't vouch for the condition for the discs or pads, so you might want to replace these. £200£175

Polo GT charcoal seats In good condition. There is a minor tear on the right hand side of the vinyl on the drivers seat and the cable that runs from the catch to the inside release catch has snapped (a common fault). Otherwise, the bolsters are in good shape and the fabric in good condition. £125

8p gearbox Rebuilt by JP Race in 2005. Has only covered a few thousand miles since. Works well without issue. £100

Mk2 grille for single headlamps Brand new and unused, in perfect condition and with red piping £60

Mk2 front panel lower plastic trim Brand new and unused, in perfect condition and still in wrapping (2 available) £12

Mk2 front bumper Brand new and unused, plastic only, in perfect condition £40

Mk2 coupe rear bumper Brand new and unused, plastic and bumper bar, in perfect condition £60

Mk2 front bumper Reasonable condition £20

Mk2 coupe rear bumper Reasonable condition £20

Rolling shell I don't think there will be much interest in this as it needs a bit of money spent on it so I won't go into too much detail, but it comes with a G40 rear axle, Koni springs and shocks as well as VW Snowflake alloys. Except for that, it's pretty much stripped. Will need to be trailered. £50

The remaining parts can be collected or posted:

Mocal oil cooler and sandwich plate £50

Standard TCA's Standard Mk2/2f TCA's (2 available). Brand new and unused. £30 each + postage

Lockheed remote servo kit This is a single circuit remote servo and should help with those Mk2 brakes! £50 + postage

Fuel pump (lift pump) £30 + postage

Inline fuel pump £30 + postage

ECU with PSD chip £100 + postage

G40 wiring loom A few of the sensor connectors are missing the metal retaining clip, but otherwise fine £50 + postage

Blue temp sensor Brand new and unused £10 + postage

Front, lower brace bar £20 + postage

Drive shafts with inner and outer CV joints £50 per side + postage

VW CV boot kit Brand new and unused £12 + postage

Speedo cable Brand new and unused £15 + postage

Speedo cable Fitted and used for no more than a few hundred miles £10 + postage

G40 Oil breather pod Brand new and unused £25 + postage

Steering arms and tie rod ends Brand new, completely unused steering arms with tie rod ends made by ZF Lemforder. They are the OEM manufacturer for a lot of cars, so will be good quality. £50 each (O/S and N/S) + postage (sorry, I mis-priced these in a previous post)

On 18/02/2017 at 20:25, rodeater said:

Did you have a look buddy I just need the one under the brake master cylinder 

Heya, I've taken a look. Unfortunately I won't be able to remove it at this stage as I still need to be able to move the car around. If you're still looking in a couple of months, can you drop me a PM and I'll see if it's possible then...

Thanks for getting back to me buddy, but unfortunately I need it like yesterday we are restoring a mk2 bready and the bastard body shop apprentice windy gunned them up and broke no just one but 2 studs on the same bracket ..... so as you can imagine I was really pissed off thanks for looking bud 

On 2/27/2017 at 20:07, SpudMcWheels said:

Hi do you have clocks with a rev couter ?

Yes, this is available for £35 + postage (probably around £5). The mileage is showing 84919.

9 hours ago, SpudMcWheels said:

Would you be able to keep hold of them for a couple of weeks ?

Sure, drop me a PM when you're ready. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/03/2017 at 14:30, Dan.Mmk2 said:

After a 5 speed gearbox for my mk2 polo coupe I'm pretty desperate

PM'ed you.

On 27/03/2017 at 17:57, cheys03 said:

Hello hello, do you have the heater blower? Hopefully without squeaks? Price posted? Many thanks

This has been sold I'm afraid.

• 1 month later...

Hello, could you post apic of the rubber radiator mounts top and bottom ? :) 

many thanks

Steff

Hi I would be interested in the 5 speed if it ain't sold and Im desperate for a steering column and steering lock if there available! Cheers

Don't know it'll still available but I'm interested in, subframe, 8p box, and the oil cooler please message me as my notifications are hit and miss

Edited by elmo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't checked back here in a while. All the requested parts are gone I'm afraid. I can't edit my original post on this thread, so started a new one with the remaining items: 

• 5 months later...
On 2 February 2017 at 22:10, dabigginger said:

Sadly, I'll be breaking my conversion. I started on a nut and bolt rebuild project a couple of years ago, but I'm not going to be able to fund it to the standard that I'm after. As a result, I'll be breaking it. The main parts of interest are priced as follows:

The first lot of parts are available for collection only (in Southampton):

Complete engine (1341cc PSD engine with forged pistons, big valve head and piper cam); comes with engine mounts and charger mounting bracket. Has less than 8k miles since its rebuild in 2004 and has had its oil changed every year, so less than 1000 miles between changes. Also, one of the oil feeds at the back of the cylinder head got damaged many years ago. PSD blanked this one off and T-pieced the remaining one so that both the oil pressure sensor and charger oil feed run off this now. Comes with PSD toothed belts. Cambelt and waterpump ware last changed in 2014 by John Mitchell Racing. Receipts to prove. £750

G40 charger. Rebuilt by G-Werks in 2009. Has only covered a couple of thousand miles since. The timing belt was replaced by John Mitchell Racing in 2014. Receipts to prove. I also have a spare set of oil seals that I can provide with this. £500.

PPP exhaust manifold; £350 Provisionally sold

PPP cat back exhaust; I cut the first 30-40cm off the front of this so that it could attach to my cat. I still have the cut-off piece, but would need welding back to the rest. £200

ATV gearbox; I've never used this, but it turns well by hand and selects the gears without issue. £300

8p gearbox; rebuilt by JP Race in 2005. Has only covered a few thousand miles since. Works well without issue. £100

PPP stage 2 subframe; unused and in as-new condition. £150

Polo GT charcoal interior; in good condition. There is a minor tear on the right hand side of the vinyl on the drivers seat and the cable that runs from the catch to the inside release catch has snapped (a common fault). Otherwise, the bolsters are in good shape and the fabric in good condition. £125

256mm brake setup; includes calipers, carriers, discs and pads. I can't vouch for the condition for the discs or pads, so you might want to replace these. £200

Rolling shell; I don't think there will be much interest in this as it needs a bit of money spent on it so I won't go into too much detail, but it comes with a G40 rear axle, Koni springs and shocks as well as VW Snowflake alloys. Except for that, it's pretty much stripped. Will need to be trailered. £50

The remaining parts can be collected or posted:

Helix organic clutch; again, about 8k miles on this. Good for big power! £100 + postage

GT inlet manifold and de-wedged throttle body with green injectors; I rounded off one of the bolt holes attaching the throttle body to the inlet manifold a few years back. It holds together nicely with the remaining 3 and not leaking boost. One of the injectors needs a replacement O-ring. £50 + postage

Strengthened driveshaft; Replaces the long one which is prone to snapping on high-powered cars. I bought this years ago and never fitted it. There's a bit of surface rust on it, but will wire brush off. £75

Mocal oil cooler and sandwich plate. £50

The engine, inlet manifold, gearbox and clutch are currently in one piece, so can be collected as a whole if anyone wants to make me an offer on a combined lot.

I have all kinds of other bits and pieces. If there's anything you need, just ask.

• 6 months later...