8 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Well after owning my mk2 polo for 3 years I've decided to move on and bought myself a 6n2 1.4 tdi SE and it's green, any advise and common issues with these cars?,m
Hi, have any of lovely people out there got any body panels in Evergreen (Paint code LA6C) that are available for sale. I'm especially looking for a driver's side rear door in good condition and preferably with the colour coded bump strip, though not essential. I'm based in the Midlands but would be prepared to travel to collect. Thanks for looking 😁👍
By Shannon Elizabeth
Car for sale vw polo 6n2 1.4 16v. Year 2000 (17 years old) I am the 7th owner. Car runs fine, nice little car to drive. Had no problems other than whats listed below.
Had new exhaust system fitted October 2016.
Full MOT till October 2017 done just over 114000 miles now
Radio connections need looking at, as radio not working.
Damage to right hand side front bumper and right hand side lower sill.
No 5th gear.
Comes as is with a different sound system. Asking for £300 Ideal for a learner.
Selling due to buying a new car.
No offers please, cars cheap enough.
Hi lads, I'm on the lookout for an afk engine to replace my akk engine. If I can find one, would this be a straight forward swap? I would intend to remove current engine and box and replace with afk engine and box. I'm also assuming that the ecu and clocks need to be swapped.
Thanks for any help!
2001 Polo 1.4 TDI – AMF engine – £900 ovno
123,000 miles (approx. and changing as I use it)
Just passed its MOT on the 30/06/17
Located in Monmouth, SE Wales
Up for sale, my daily driver that I’ve used to commute to work for the last 2 and a half years. I’ve covered over 50,000 miles in that time, all dual carriageway driving. Has had various repairs as it’s needed them, but has never broken down on me or failed to start. All repairs have been done using quality parts, Febi, Sachs, etc. no cheap bits as I have needed it to be reliable for work.
Genuinely sad to see the car go but we’ve outgrown it as a family now that our second child has come along, so need to replace it with something bigger. It’s really nice to drive, there are no clonks, rattles or weird noises; it has a really strong engine and uses no oil or water. At or near the asking price there are various bits I’m happy to pass on with the car: a pair of genuine VW roof bars, Haynes manual, spare alloy wheel (needs a refurb) and some new spare parts (front pads, bushes, etc.). Message me on here if you’re interested.
· £30 tax per year, insurance group 13, so cheap to run and insure.
· Excellent engine, pulls really well and fantastic on fuel, it averages 65 MPG consistently with more on a run. Surprisingly nippy for what it is.
· SE spec, so has: remote central locking with alarm (one key), front fogs, electric tilt and slide sunroof, rear discs, front electric windows, electric mirrors.
· GTI bits: Xenon lights, upper grille, front splitter and full leather interior with heated seats, stubby aerial.
· All the electrics work, no warning lights on the dash.
· I’ve serviced it with oil and filter religiously every 10,000 miles. Last done at 121,800 miles along with fuel filter. Air filter and pollen filter done 15,000 miles ago.
· Recent rear pads, rear shocks, front and centre exhaust sections.
· Just had around £400 of work done to get it through the MOT, both lower wishbones, ball joints, inner and outer anti-roll bar bushes, pair of front tyres, ABS sensor.
· Timing belt done on the 17/07/17 by my local garage along with water pump, tensioner, etc.
· Category D write off (lowest level) due to damaged drivers side doors – these were repaired and the car returned to the road before I bought it. The repair to the driver’s door isn’t the best and it is visible.
· Bodywork generally – the photos make it look better than it is. There’s no rust anywhere, but there are various dents and scratches, the worst dent should be visible in the photos on the bonnet. Alloys are in mixed condition with some kerbing. I'm probably making this sound worse than it is, but I'm just trying to be honest; the bodywork isn't terrible, it's just what you'd expect from a 16 year old car.
· Rear tyres have about 2-3mm of tread on them – advisory on the MOT.