PUGS117

6n2 1.8T K04 GTI

PUGS117
Hi some of you might remember this car, it was originally Jamie1.8tpologti's. I bought it beginning of May last year as I've always wanted a 1.8t ever since I saw this very car when Jamie had it all those years ago. The spec is BAM 1.8t engine (done by TSR), mk3 golf tdi gearbox, custom 3" turbo back exhaust system, custom drive shafts, R-tec map running 270bhp, Hi-Spec 4 pot front brakes, Bilstein coilovers, Rota Grid alloys, Porsche rep front seats and false floor rear and smoothed bumpers. This is how it looked when I bought it.

IMG-20160421-WA0006_zpsqru8gizm.jpg

IMG-20160421-WA0005_zpsjkpxjrky.jpg

IMG-20160421-WA0007_zpskvlkylmu.jpg

IMG-20160421-WA0009_zpswhsogdqw.jpg

The main reason I bought it :D
IMG_6374017735224_zpsmm5qsage.jpeg

The wheels weren't my thing at all so decided to get rid and replace them with a set of OZ superturismo's, got these off ebay for £200.

IMG_20160525_094231_zpseyx353ks.jpg

Tried them with the slicks just out of impatient-ness. Sold the slicks on and replaced them with a set of Nankang NS-2R's as the yokohama s-drives on the Rota's were just not giving enough grip.
DSC_0333_zpsckku234s.jpg

DSC_0335_zps1p8cghfc.jpg

We had a club stand at CumbriaVag so wanted to tidy up the engine. Top is before and bottom is after. 
IMG_20160521_213511_zpsnz2xmmdx.jpg

At CumbriaVag 2016
FB_IMG_1467209402757_zpsr5omj4sk.jpg

Painted the wheels black soon after CumbriaVag and that was that for 2016. Took it off the road over the winter, put it in my garage to start a on few things that had been bugging me. Like the intercooler pipe sticking out the driver's side grill, rusty wings, and a general tidy up.

So started on the intercooler pipe, stripped the front end down including the slam panel. Removed the a/c radiator and pipes etc to free up some room to move the intercooler back 20mm. Cut the cooler pipe down and re-welded which gave me the room needed to have the pipe fully behind the grill. Also removed the wings and replaced them.

DSC_0735_zpsy6tv7xsp.jpg

DSC_0733_zpsktmblh2w.jpg

Old wings
DSC_0732_zpsj8cuzdnh.jpg

Intercooler pipe back on
DSC_0731_zpspaldfpvw.jpg

One new wing on
DSC_0743_zpsv5wzkaf8.jpg

All buttoned back up
DSC_0757_zpsrnpiq8uy.jpg

Got a mate who runs a sign writing company and he sent me this through. I'm feeling the motorsport look and tbf the car is quick enough to pull it off. Taking inspiration form the Mercedes F1 team livery. It's not going to look exactly like this (don't really fancy a 'Brazzers' sun strip :lol:

received_10154649401524370_zpssh8769cv.j

First thing was the arches
IMG_20170420_074109_zps0a7fvosw.jpg

IMG_20170420_074057_zpswpqozulh.jpg

IMG_20170420_192254_zps3xfwcopt.jpg

IMG_20170420_195200_614_zpsszoip0jw.jpg

Still got front splitter to make, sides to make and figure out rear spoiler options and give it a good clean. Back on the road 1st May.

Edited by PUGS117
  • Like 1

Sphinx

Dude, sick car. The engine is a masterpiece. Good luck!

• Like 1

Dave9n3

love this. Track spec :P 

Dean

I remember Jamie having this...

I was hoping you'd keep this as a sleeper. Good to see you're looking after it!

PUGS117
4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Dude, sick car. The engine is a masterpiece. Good luck!

12 minutes ago, Dave9n3 said:

love this. Track spec :P 

Thanks guys. Going to get it all sorted this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

I remember Jamie having this...

I was hoping you'd keep this as a sleeper. Good to see you're looking after it!

I know what you mean but on the other hand if people think it's all mouth and no trousers when trying to have a play then it'll be a double bluff ;)

• Like 1

PUGS117

Been busy all weekend getting the arches and skirts finished off. All sorted and ready for a blast tomorrow ?

IMG_20170426_192043_zps6llmutjs.jpg

IMG_20170427_194307_zps9vgre9bp.jpg

Getting brakes bled back up 

IMG_20170429_133225_zpsxczriaju.jpg

IMG_20170430_154228_zps2fcaayvf.jpg

IMG_20170430_165919_zpsvficrxw3.jpg

IMG_20170430_165509_zpsvbippetm.jpg

• Like 1

Dean

Lost interest in this?

PUGS117

Yeah got a bargain of a MK2 golf GTI which I'm going to be working on. So she's up for sale

Cutmore

So did you sell this? 

I still want to convert my 6n2, but i don't know if it's a day dream. How did you actually find this car on the road? Are they as exciting as they look to be? 

Anyhow, sweet car, would have been cool to see the livery on. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.