New Black GTI on the road

Moly220

Hey guys 

Welcome all a new GTI on the roads.. 

Test drove the ST and vxr but the Gti won quite clearly lol love the thing to bits even though it took forever to arrive lol

Anyone been to any track days? Looking into Oulton Park this summer 

IMG_20170531_220753_359.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the club! Can't beat a black GTI :D I've not done any track days yet, but got the car set up ready for it. 

Have a look at the track day in the club events section. It's held every year :smile:

• Like 2

Thanks!! 

Definitely black all day lol 

What stuff have to done to yours Nick??? 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 09:22, Moly220 said:

Thanks!! 

Definitely black all day lol 

What stuff have to done to yours Nick??? 

I've got a build thread on here but it's not quite up to date. Instagram @nickhardcastle123 and it's got the new graphics on there.. 

But I'm full stage 2 pushing 265bhp and 312ft lbs of torque. Bucket seats, harness, straight pipe, BOV, induction, FMIC, graphics, lowered, bola wheels, slightly mental graphics, new splitter and just waiting to get diffuser on haha :D

you any plans for yours? 

• Like 2

On 2017-6-10 at 11:32, NickHardcastle said:

I've got a build thread on here but it's not quite up to date. Instagram @nickhardcastle123 and it's got the new graphics on there.. 

But I'm full stage 2 pushing 265bhp and 312ft lbs of torque. Bucket seats, harness, straight pipe, BOV, induction, FMIC, graphics, lowered, bola wheels, slightly mental graphics, new splitter and just waiting to get diffuser on haha :D

you any plans for yours? 

Pffff I'd love to have your wage lol!!

Just read your feed and the builds are top notch, loving what you've done to the Beast ???? 

Currently upgrading the whole sound system with hertz amp 4channel. Should be done this week then id be looking at the Racechip to bump up the bhp to around 240. And the torque an extra 90 I think with also adjust Bluetooth & they guarantee the engine so I'd prefer that route over a remap but unsure. 

After that possibly springs and drop links or a open/closed remus valve exhaust system...  But nothing outrageous as I love the car standard just some slightly touches

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moly220 said:

Pffff I'd love to have your wage lol!!

Just read your feed and the builds are top notch, loving what you've done to the Beast ???? 

Currently upgrading the whole sound system with hertz amp 4channel. Should be done this week then id be looking at the Racechip to bump up the bhp to around 240. And the torque an extra 90 I think with also adjust Bluetooth & they guarantee the engine so I'd prefer that route over a remap but unsure. 

After that possibly springs and drop links or a open/closed remus valve exhaust system...  But nothing outrageous as I love the car standard just some slightly touches

Ahh sounds good. At least with race chip you can take it off if need be. And with the exhaust, the Remus system from when I remember is seriously expensive. My mates got a standard system and got a valve fitted but it's near gear box. Sounds good but not same as having the noise come right out the pipes :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NickHardcastle said:

Ahh sounds good. At least with race chip you can take it off if need be. And with the exhaust, the Remus system from when I remember is seriously expensive. My mates got a standard system and got a valve fitted but it's near gear box. Sounds good but not same as having the noise come right out the pipes :D

I've got a quote somewhere in my emails for a valve around £700 fitted but I think a sweet back box delete will still sound mint 

And your right nothing beats the sound coming from the pipes, why I never got the sport pack because of the synthetic exhaust note in the speakers ?? so use to driving a straight pipe TDI 

• Like 1

Welcome mate 

I went for for the sport pack but got the dealer to switch off the bullshit fake noise generator before I even turned the key

would be interested to see what you have done to the sound system and also the race chip... Not meddled with mine at all as still under warranty but good to see what's possible

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-14 at 22:44, griff said:

Welcome mate 

I went for for the sport pack but got the dealer to switch off the bullshit fake noise generator before I even turned the key

would be interested to see what you have done to the sound system and also the race chip... Not meddled with mine at all as still under warranty but good to see what's possible

Thanks griff

Do you think the sports package was worth it??? Im looking at coilovers and droplinks so I couldn't have the sports kit anyway. 

And with the speakers they are a huge upgrade from the standard. Crystal clear mid & high range with a nice power bass from a small 8". 

All tucked away from site and on plug and play clips for easy removal. 

And the tints 5% look killer on the baby, can't look into the back seats so no one (touch wood) tries to break in and grab my back etc. 

If you can be arsed I'd love to know what you've used to upgrade your stereo, tbh a more powerful stereo was the only option I was disappointed not to be able to choose & as you know there's not much rom for a sub in the back :D

did you keep the OG head unit? I am a fan of that (with the car net app) saved me paying for Nav and lets me play all my music from the phone. Plus having Siri to read /write texts while I drive is handy 

i rate the sport pack mostly because it lets me have a MUCH comfier ride when I'm not pushing the car & tightens it up nicely when I fancy it. Like I mentioned I had my aktuator disabled before I picked it up (like with the other cars VAG put it on it doesn't play through the stereo, it's just a stupid vibraty thing that makes a noise under your windscreen)

Not too fussed about lowering etc but I heard that the active suspension can work with shorter springs from VW racing, wondering if I get a remap whether I'll be able to integrate it with the sport button?  

Glad you're enjoying your polo, I love mine - the only issue I have with it is that the door rubbers creak and squeak when the weather gets warm (you notice it most at slow speeds when the camber of the road changes/car park ramps etc) krytox didn't fix it so its booked in at the dealer to get it sorted under warranty - windrush slough have been very cool about it. Apparently affects 3-door pools more, I guess because the doors are longer?

51 minutes ago, griff said:

If you can be arsed I'd love to know what you've used to upgrade your stereo, tbh a more powerful stereo was the only option I was disappointed not to be able to choose & as you know there's not much rom for a sub in the back :D

did you keep the OG head unit? I am a fan of that (with the car net app) saved me paying for Nav and lets me play all my music from the phone. Plus having Siri to read /write texts while I drive is handy 

i rate the sport pack mostly because it lets me have a MUCH comfier ride when I'm not pushing the car & tightens it up nicely when I fancy it. Like I mentioned I had my aktuator disabled before I picked it up (like with the other cars VAG put it on it doesn't play through the stereo, it's just a stupid vibraty thing that makes a noise under your windscreen)

Not too fussed about lowering etc but I heard that the active suspension can work with shorter springs from VW racing, wondering if I get a remap whether I'll be able to integrate it with the sport button?  

Glad you're enjoying your polo, I love mine - the only issue I have with it is that the door rubbers creak and squeak when the weather gets warm (you notice it most at slow speeds when the camber of the road changes/car park ramps etc) krytox didn't fix it so its booked in at the dealer to get it sorted under warranty - windrush slough have been very cool about it. Apparently affects 3-door pools more, I guess because the doors are longer?

I'll upload a photo tomorrow.. The sub is very slim and takes up next to nothing in the boot. 

It's a full Hertz kit with 16.5 speakers and new tweeters integrated with a 4channel amp to boost the main stereo.. All standard head unit and still fully functional with steering wheel. It was definitely worth it because I think the polo seems to loose quality on a huge scale past 50% volume but now you wouldn't want to take it past 50% it's that loud and clear ?? 

I'm not fussed on lowering but think the polos need dropping only a little but I enjoy being able to drive over speed bumps... My Lupo was slammed.. Lol 

However I'd choose the racechip over a map solo for the plug and play and if anything goes wrong you have a 2 year engine warranty still.. Or unplug and run to VW and play dumb lol 

Anyone added vagcom mods? 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 14:09, Moly220 said:

I've got a quote somewhere in my emails for a valve around £700 fitted but I think a sweet back box delete will still sound mint 

And your right nothing beats the sound coming from the pipes, why I never got the sport pack because of the synthetic exhaust note in the speakers ?? so use to driving a straight pipe TDI 

Hate to disappoint you, but even GTI's without the sport pack have the soundaktor fitted - so you HAVE got the fake engine noise - can turn it down or OFF using VAGCOM

Edited by Stesummers76
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Stesummers76 said:

Hate to disappoint you, but even GTI's without the sport pack have the soundaktor fitted - so you HAVE got the fake engine noise - can turn it down or OFF using VAGCOM

Learn something new everyday, thanks mate will have to look into getting it turned off and get a box delete soon lol ?

• 1 month later...

Nice car! I've never been into black cars but I must admit the GTI's looks awesome in black! Mine is blue silk and I love it :) 

The map chip sounds interesting, a lot of power without having to change anything. I was thinking of a miltek exhaust, forge intercooler & revo induction kit and turbo muffler delete, then get it mapped to stage 2. It's a fair bit of money tho so won't be for a while, but tbh I'm not bored of its standard power yet :p 

i opeted for the sports back for the chassis control, it really does make it big the road when taking corners it's ace, but I agree the noise from the speakers is annoying! But I will be turning it off when I can get vagcom! I've managed to find some VWR springs that are designed to work with the chassis control too, they drop it about 20mm, I don't want it silly low so that should reduce the arch gap a little, I've never understood why VWs all sit a lot higher than other hot hatches lol! 

Spent all day cleaning and waxing mine today and it's cleaming! :D spent a fortune in the Auto Finesse tent at the VW festival this weekend haha.

i like the sound of the speaker system you've installed, I agree the standard ones aren't great at a decent volume, I wasn't sure there was much you could do with the standard head unit but you learn something new every day haha! 

Look forward to seeing your progress and hopefully see you about at some shows or track days :) 

IMG_5387.thumb.JPG.1a12f991d3d066b9b3892a1a68c5420f.JPG