Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi, I have a mk2 polo project, I have cleaned and checked the spark plugs, cleaned some of the carb jets but when I try to lift the clutch and move it, it dies, does any one have any ideas what to check or do next? I want to put some fresh fuel in aswell , thanks in advance
By breadvan baker
Hi new to the Club , but wondering if anyone has had problems with a bread van Polo water temp gauge indications?
Car arrived with temp gauge U/S. Bought a new temp sensor ( correct one as its a black, not blue, unit )
Start engine and the gauge then runs up to almost max water temp in about 15 seconds.
Any ideas please? Many thanks.
I will do copy/paste from this add : mobile.de add
The car is great , but I have almost no time for it and other projects on my head. I need the space. The car has new timing belt,new battery, new clutch and new fluids.
It participated in our local VW Fest 2018 and draws a lot of attention. When I drive it people notice it.
The list of modification is very long, the car was built for the purpose of track day use, but is not stripped out and is 100% streetable.
It is not 100% ready, it needs sway bar install and fixing of small things.
I am not having enough time , actually I am having almost none for it so that is why it is for sale.
I am confident to say that such Polo does not exist anywhere in the world, so here is its specs:
- ABU engine block with documents
- AFH head and pistons, CR ~11,5:1
- G40 gearbox plus 2 more gearboxes in perfect condition that go with the car ( have shorter gear ratios)
- 4 carburators from Honda CBR900RR, jetted main jets and sealed air jet.
- Custom airbox and custom made and calculated length of intake manifold
- Custom 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust manifold and SS exhaust system - all calculated for particular engine
- Custom made suspension with coil overs, A-shaped LCAs' adjustable in all angles
- Custom made frame to which the A-shaped LCAs' connect
- Engine and transmission rest on stock 3 pieces engine mounts, plus added 4-th infront
- Mega Squirt 2 - controls ignition when using petrol and carburators, constrols LPG injectors and ignition when LPG is used
- LPG system spraying after carbs, tank in place of spare tyre
- Deep Recaro front seats from 20th anniversary Golf MK.3 with reworked stock mounts to fit the Polo ( narrower)
- 5x100mm conversion with 15 inch Audi A3 light rims ( 5,5 kgs/ each)
- 1 inch brake master cylinder with 4 wheel disk brakes - 256mm vented fronts with ~235mm solid from Polo 9N on the back
- Factory GT body with black roof vinyl in great shape, OE paint
- Car puts down 115 wheel horse power, the attached graph is without the airbox and without the Mega Squirt - I used to run it on vacuum distributor without any electronics(can be returned in that configuration)
- Prepared stock AFH intake manifold with BMW 2.0 throttle body and 190cc injectors - if decided to return to single throttle body
Hi are the 1.0L & 1.3 L single point injection units for a mk2f the same. I have a 91 AAU 1.0l . If not would anyone know the different part numbers please so I know which one to look out for , Thank you.
Hi guys and girls, thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I just became a member and picked up a 1987 Mk2 breadvan!
Hopefully I'll be posting quite frequently in the future...
Name: Tom / Tz
Own: 1987 Polo Breadvan
Previous Car History: Rover 45, Citroen C2, VW Golf
Hobbies/interests: 5-a-side & Hockey
How did you hear about us?: a quick Google search