1vw2many

M2f Genesis £25 resto

1vw2many

Hi just thought I share a few photos. I brought this last November 2016 came with 8 months mot for the grand some of £25 plus £70 for delivery as it was to far for me to fetch. I brought parts for it over the next few months as I wanted to replace most parts.

Petrol tank

Ap 40/30 shocks and springs

Drivers door

Anti roll bar bush

Strut top mounts

Lower control arms

Steering arms

4 Cv boot kits

Disk brake back plates

4 Flex brake lines

4 brake hard lines

Brake fluid 

Rear drums

Rear brake cylinder , shoes bearings

Front disks , pads , new piston seals , bearings

All hand brake cables

Centre silencer

All parts I brought were Pagid , meyle or febi

1st few photos are how I got the car. Person I brought it off plays rugby in site of the car was half of the rugby field.

Passed its mot on Friday ..

DSC_1025.JPG

DSC_1028.JPG

DSC_1026.JPG

• Like 2

MartinB

Can't see any pics! :/

1vw2many
3 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Can't see any pics! :/

Any good now

• Like 1

MartinB

Yes - looks great! Steel blue metallic I believe. Had a Genesis Coupe in that colour. Decent spec as standard and looks to be in good condition. Enjoy!

• Like 1

1vw2many

Thanks body work is bad has dent in rear quarter panel below the window I replaced drivers door as had bad dent and hinge had two much play in it door would not close properly. Drivers front wing has bad dent by front side indicator .

Under side of the car is very good i have pressure washed it while it was on axle stands .

Edited by 1vw2many
  • Like 1

1vw2many

I completely removed the interior from the dash to the rear seats carpets seat belts etc

DSC_1034.JPG

DSC_1036.JPG

DSC_1038.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

Edited by 1vw2many
  • Like 1

steveo3002

jet wash will bring them carpets up like new ...give them a good going over in all directions then hang up on the fence to dry , sounds savage but works a treat 

• Like 1

1vw2many

All ready done steveo3002 thee amount of sand And grit mud mc fries etc that came off was unreal. 

• Like 2

1vw2many

Rear boot lid has rusted behind number plate fixings.  So cut out rust and welded in me metal. 

IMG_20170301_191930.JPG

DSC_0523.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

• Like 2

1vw2many

Took both wings off and checked out for rust etc cut out and replaced, epoxy primer 121. Top coat with gravitex. 

DSC_1222.JPG

DSC_1223.JPG

DSC_1224.JPG

• Like 1

1vw2many

While wings were off and waiting for ap lowering kit, i took struts out along with arb, steering arms and lower arms.

DSC_1199.JPG

DSC_1196.JPG

DSC_1207.JPG

• Like 1

1vw2many

Replaced all drive shaft boots while all the front end was out.

DSC_1170.JPG

DSC_1171.JPG

• Like 1

1vw2many

Out with the engine as it had head gasket problem and had a bad knocking on bottom end.

DSC_1166.JPG

DSC_1168.JPG

• Like 1

1vw2many

While struts were out I had removed more rust and epoxy 121 and fitted new Ap lowering kit,hub bearings and back plate. 

DSC_1228.JPG

DSC_1283.JPG

Edited by 1vw2many
  • Like 1

1vw2many

Ordered a few parts for front brakes. Discs, pads, refurb kit for callipers,  brake flex, arb bushes and lower arms.

DSC_1287.JPG

DSC_1285.JPG

DSC_1232.JPG

Edited by 1vw2many
  • Like 3

Jake

Looks good, you're doing a nice job on the work too! :D

• Thanks 1

wizardmanjm

Brilliant work, no shortcutting in site. Can tell this is going to be a nice one! 

• Thanks 1

kiran_182

What engine is going in

1vw2many

Thanks jake and wizardmanjm @  Kiran_182 I would like to say a gt lump or at least 1.3ltr but could not fine one so for now it's another 1Ltr with 50,000 on the clock.

Elijah

Great project.  Great spec on the Genesis.

• Thanks 1

1vw2many

While i had the dash out I noticed that under the battery tray had rusted through. I cut out rusted area and new metal was welded in.The area I could not get to I used hydrate 80 by Bilt Hamber.

DSC_0418.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

Edited by 1vw2many

1vw2many

As I removed the rad and fan I thought it be good for a rust removal and a good coat of epoxy paint. Spent an hour cleaning the rad fins with compressed air and the amount of crap that I removed was shocking..

DSC_1273.JPG

DSC_1284.JPG

• Like 2

1vw2many

New lower mileage engine got a clean down and paint with a few new parts, cam belt , water pump , plugs , leads , oil filter etc.

DSC_0591.JPG

DSC_0593.JPG

DSC_0603.JPG

dvderlm

very nice. Did you blow from engine bay to outside to clear radiator fins? 

I've seen a comb to straighten them but thought it would just push dirt further in. 

1vw2many

Thank you. I removed the lot from the car and left it soaking in warm water then blasted all the dirt out with compressed air form both sides.