Sign in to follow this  
Dean

What Car? Magazine - Video Shoot - MK3 POLO Needed

Dean    920
Dean

hq720.jpg

What Car? Magazine are planning to do a video celebrating 40 years of the What Car? Car of the Year award - and we hope to include every previous winner.

In 1995 they named the Volkswagen Polo as our Car of the Year, so they're trying to find a model from that year (but any Mk3 would do) to use in their video that they'll be shooting on 1st September in Alconbury.

Can you help or do you happen to know anyone that could help?

Any help would be hugely appreciated! There isn't much time left to get this sorted so if you could give DOUG a call or send him an email asap that would be great.

Contact Details:
ZERO 78875072 TWO  EIGHT

doug.revolta[AT]haymarket[DOT]com

Thanks

jonPDpolo    121
jonPDpolo

Please note, this is mk3 in Volkswagen terms, not Club Polo terms

Our mk3 is mk2f to VW

For this photoshoot, ideally Doug is after a clean standard 6n (what we call the mk4; known as the mk3 to VW)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• damunk
      By damunk
          VW POLO 1.4 16V AFH PISTONS   Comes in original box/packaging
    • NillaPolo
      By NillaPolo
      Hi guys, I currently have a problem with my car and just wondering if anyone can help me out at all. 

The EPC signal is coming up on my car and I'm not really sure what it is. My car is currently not in use as I'm no longer learning in it and waiting for my test to come up, this has caused a flat battery. The battery went flat the other month and I jump started it using a friends car and on that day the car worked and drove perfectly fine and no signals came up, however it's not been used since, hence the flat battery again, but a few days after this I checked the car again and the EPC light came on. Does anyone know what the problem may be when this signal appears and if it's easily fixable? 

• JayDee2G
      By JayDee2G
      My ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Rare-CENTRA-14-inch-4x100-mk1-Renault-Espace-alloy-wheels-BBS-RA-RZ-OZ-Ronal-/182768524369?hash=item2a8dda5c51:g:ygYAAOSwgYVZw-is

This is a set of 4 Centra alloy wheels, 4x100, including 4 x centre caps & a full set of locks & key. Spare set of locks also. Look at home on anything old. Epic wheels - simple but effective & so clean with the covered centre caps. I also love the complete lack of branding. 

Many people are surprised they're not the OEM wheels as they blend in so well on my car, and they would on anything slightly boxy. 

They are still in their original paint - before I bought them 2-3 years ago they had been stored for over 10 years by the previous owner so they are certainly in usable condition. I gave them a thorough clean, 3 layers of polish & 3 layers of wheel sealant every 6 months or so plus rinses in between so they're virtually in the same condition as when I got them. 

They do show signs of use though - see pics - a couple of scratches & scuffs etc. One or two are quite sizable & are noticeable close up but to be honest when they're clean & shiny like this they're not really noticeable generally unless you're very close to the car & overall the wheels look tidy & still shiny. They would need a refurb to make perfect for sure - they're 30+ years old & have put in some hard yards in the past no doubt. I never felt the need when I saw how presentable they looked after a thorough clean & polish. So make up your own mind. 

These look awesome mirror polished with the inserts painted black. The centre caps are metal so can also be polished! 

Centra you may or may not know, were a wheel manufacturer who were held in similar standing to the likes of BBS, OZ & Ronal at the time. They made a number of OEM & aftermarket wheels. These particular wheels were the OEM wheels on the 1st Gen Renault Espace. 

4x100, 14x5.5J, ET39. They have the Renault centre bore 60.1mm so spigot rings will be needed.

It's not very often a complete set of these wheels come up for sale, each with centre cap.

Feel free to ask any questions. My number is zero 7 eight 3 five 595 zero three two.

Located in Manchetser M22. £250 Cash on collection only please, I can't post these.

Thanks
    • Matty4113
      By Matty4113
      Hi All, had polos for years but thought I'd show my new baby off! 21k Miles from new and a full VW history; she's like brand new. Anyway here's a picture and looking forward to gaining some knowledge.
      matt

• ElliotTowler
      By ElliotTowler
      Looking for help, my mums got a 6n2 auto, it's cutting out on short drives like as you come to stop it's cutting the engine out. Rather annoying when you're driving slow and it cuts out all of a sudden. Does it on roundabouts and when slowing down for corners. Any help much appreciated.