Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Photobucket P*sstake

Anyone else had the issue where your old images now don't show up on various forums due to Photobuckets 3rd party hosting thingymajig.

Seems very cheeky to have allowed 3rd party hosting on sites like this and then pull it and request money if you want to host them haha! minimum fee being 60 dollars a year, though you don't get that option when you first try to enable 3rd party hosting they show you a 400 dollar option. Very sly imo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave9n3

• steveo3002

• residentmelon

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a serious Piss take, bordering on illegal, there must be millions of other forum sites that have been affected by this, To my way of thinking it's blackmail, pay us $400/year so you can share yo

Hope someone develops a mobile fix for this at some point! 

residentmelon

I know going through old build threads now don't work 

I think you have to change to fliker but such a ball ache all those photo's 

Have you seen how much it cost to upgrade the account to allow sharing something like $500 

nige8021

It is a serious Piss take, bordering on illegal, there must be millions of other forum sites that have been affected by this, To my way of thinking it's blackmail, pay us $400/year so you can share your photo's if not tough!! 

• Like 1

They have done a dirty. They will be raking in the money now but one day someone will shit on them and they would have deserved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Really starting to wind me up now haha! Every useful forum guide I seem to want to view has had the pictures removed. Hopefully some form of hacker group get them lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah nightmare !

I'm trying to get all my images downloaded from them although it keep failing.

They've told me it is an issue with the site. FFS!

It's my view that the download the album option has been deliberately made non functional - it used to work.

In an attempt to recreate my own history on sites I am going through manual editing of the image tags on various car forums, having moved the pictures to my own hosting account.

There is a bit of script work around which essentially downloads the photos from PB and uploads them to the site that was using the pics, but that depends on the site having the storage / bandwidth to deliver that service.

However, I cannot see how to edit old posts on this site, am I missing something, or is there a site wide option that can open the option up again ?

• 3 months later...
harris.racing

Good news!

Not sure about mobile, but is working for me  on Chrome... breath of fresh air seeing images again yayyy

• 1 month later...