Adim_GTI

First Project Car

Adim_GTI    0
Adim_GTI

Consider this my build thread, as the title suggests this is my first project car! I never really intended to own a polo as I was initially planning to buy another golf, but I fell in love with this little coupe after a run around the block in it. Here are a few pics of what I am starting with! 

polo 1.jpg

polo 2.jpg

polo 3.jpg

Olaf9198    3
Olaf9198

Paint looks in great condition!!!

What are your plans?

Adim_GTI    0
Adim_GTI

Thanks! it is in surprisingly good condition for original paintwork (although the pictures show it better than it is in person ahah)
First job will be a full stainless exhaust, engine bay tidy up and repaint and then considerable time will be spent on the interior 
I'm also still trying to pick out a set of wheels similar to the Ronal turbos 

kiran_182    244
kiran_182

White cars are usually a patchwork of white and orange so thats in good order

Adim_GTI    0
Adim_GTI

Fitted a gauge cluster in the space where the radio was. I made the fascia from mild steel sheet, bored three 2" holes in and painted it satin black with mounts made internally to secure in place. All the faces are back lit for visibility in low light. I'm quite happy with the result even if it means no more tunes!!

gauges.jpg

Adim_GTI    0
Adim_GTI
On 13/09/2017 at 06:33, kiran_182 said:

White cars are usually a patchwork of white and orange so thats in good order

Yeah I am pretty lucky I have got white paint in the condition it is in, (Believe me I'v seen some that'd pass as a rat rod!) I'm just being fussy as I'm used to having paint that looks like glass on my other cars 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• marc_o_polo
      By marc_o_polo
      Anyone know where i can get one for an 89 breadvan. all the ones on ebay say they dont fit. 
    • NebulaicToaster
      By NebulaicToaster
      I've just put a replacement pierburg 1b carburettor in my polo MK2. Now she runs I've realised the rad fan isn't working and nor is the temperature gauge on the dash. The old pierburg had a line from the air filter sensor to the base of the back and the auto choke had some electrics. The new one is a manual choke and hasn't got the pipe for the sensor or any electrics. Could this be causing the fan not to run and the dodgy gauge?

• JayDee2G
      By JayDee2G
      My ebay link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Rare-CENTRA-14-inch-4x100-mk1-Renault-Espace-alloy-wheels-BBS-RA-RZ-OZ-Ronal-/182768524369?hash=item2a8dda5c51:g:ygYAAOSwgYVZw-is

This is a set of 4 Centra alloy wheels, 4x100, including 4 x centre caps & a full set of locks & key. Spare set of locks also. Look at home on anything old. Epic wheels - simple but effective & so clean with the covered centre caps. I also love the complete lack of branding. 

Many people are surprised they're not the OEM wheels as they blend in so well on my car, and they would on anything slightly boxy. 

They are still in their original paint - before I bought them 2-3 years ago they had been stored for over 10 years by the previous owner so they are certainly in usable condition. I gave them a thorough clean, 3 layers of polish & 3 layers of wheel sealant every 6 months or so plus rinses in between so they're virtually in the same condition as when I got them. 

They do show signs of use though - see pics - a couple of scratches & scuffs etc. One or two are quite sizable & are noticeable close up but to be honest when they're clean & shiny like this they're not really noticeable generally unless you're very close to the car & overall the wheels look tidy & still shiny. They would need a refurb to make perfect for sure - they're 30+ years old & have put in some hard yards in the past no doubt. I never felt the need when I saw how presentable they looked after a thorough clean & polish. So make up your own mind. 

These look awesome mirror polished with the inserts painted black. The centre caps are metal so can also be polished! 

Centra you may or may not know, were a wheel manufacturer who were held in similar standing to the likes of BBS, OZ & Ronal at the time. They made a number of OEM & aftermarket wheels. These particular wheels were the OEM wheels on the 1st Gen Renault Espace. 

4x100, 14x5.5J, ET39. They have the Renault centre bore 60.1mm so spigot rings will be needed.

It's not very often a complete set of these wheels come up for sale, each with centre cap.

Feel free to ask any questions. My number is zero 7 eight 3 five 595 zero three two.

Located in Manchetser M22. £250 Cash on collection only please, I can't post these.

Thanks
    • Chris Lewis
      By Chris Lewis
      Hello.

Currently looking to purchase right and left side door moulding trims. Rear, middle and wing sections. Arch trims would be a bonus also.

Polo Coupe Genesis K reg. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
    • Chris Lewis
      By Chris Lewis
      Hello.

Currently looking to purchase right and left side door moulding trims. Rear, middle and wing sections. Arch trims would be a bonus also.

Polo Coupe Genesis K reg. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!