Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

86c Coupe, One Owner from New!

mbusby993

mbusby993

Still not a great amount to update, I can’t fault the car for daily use whatsoever. I’ve finally sorted out my alternator belt issues (it was squealing constantly no matter how much I tensioned it up) as it turns out I had a 710mm belt fitted that I’d bought when it was the only one in stock. I’ve now fitted a 695mm belt which was a much tighter fit, had to spin it on in fact, and now there are no issues. :good:

I’m taking it down to London for a second time on Saturday, where I’m hopefully picking up some interesting wheels. I've also paid for a good bootlid in Cornwall which I’m going to pick up when I visit in March. Sunday I should be trekking up to Leeds (packing the miles on the poor girl) for a few needed bits. Hopefully I’ll have something interesting to report soon! For now have a couple more “daily use” photos, featuring the Mrs Lupo GTI in Raven Blue, a rare beast in itself in that colour and spec...

9D5DB9D6-EE77-4D49-90AA-809ABC976004.jpeg

10E8046A-1181-4B92-AC82-3EA553023905.jpeg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mbusby993

• kiran_182

• Elijah

• 1vw2many

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

number of the beast!

Probably spent over an hour on it, but I had little else to do with my day off! Hadn’t been paid yet so couldn’t do any of the important bits haha.    I really wanna source better bumpers so

Small-ish update of some things that have happened over the last few days. I took a drive from home in Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands to Maldon, Essex to buy some wheels!       From

Posted Images

mbusby993

Small-ish update of some things that have happened over the last few days. I took a drive from home in Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands to Maldon, Essex to buy some wheels! :db: 

tiVygnR.jpg

From there into London and from London back home after a gig. Today I drove from Stoke-on-Trent to Leeds to pick up some parts off a breaker. 

600 miles exactly (what are the chances of that?) and an average of 57.4mpg which I was very impressed with, who needs a modern diesel?! 

So I pootled off to Leeds today to pick up some bits off a breaker on the Facebook page and came back with some goodies. I picked up a door that needs a fair bit of prep,  brand new wing that has been prepped (but will probably need doing again by the time I come to paint) and some black carpets for £80. 

Mu3qhLi.jpg

And topped the weekend off with a well deserved clean! I don’t clean it enough because the paint and bodywork is pretty horrible at the moment but hopefully that’ll start to change soon. 

DQVYYWXh.jpg

• Like 1
mbusby993
31 minutes ago, mk2 polo power said:

Sweet hows the boot lid?

& the speakers doing?

Bootlid is...  not leaking and that she the best I can say for it. Got one paid for back in Cornwall that I’ll be picking up when I visit family. 

I’ve been lazy with the speakers and still need to properly locate them somewhere. I blame winter for that one!