Sign in to follow this  

Dean

Aldon2018_3rd_Feb_Banner.png

It's time to see if all your engine mods have worked, see how much BHP/Torque you've gained or lost !!

If you've not been before? It's a great way to catch-up with members new & old. Aim to get there by 08:30 onwards with the runs starting around 10:00

Your car will be secured to the rolling road and one of the Aldon staff will run it up to find the max power, you'll then get a print-out of the Max BHP & Torque, all for £ 15 for Club members & £ 25 for Non members. 

There is normally hot food available, bacon butties etc and when all runs are finished we retire to a local pub

If you want to see what you've got under your right foot, put your names down below ( copy & paste )  Priority will be given to Club members with Polo's !

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. Jake

6. jonPDpolo

NickBraddock

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. Jake

6. jonPDpolo

7. Nick B

Gleny135

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. Nick B

6. Gleny135

mintyIII

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. Nick B

6. Gleny135

7. Nick B

8. mintyIII (James Lee)

dvderlm

where did jonpdpolo and jake go from the list?

and NickB is twice. 2 cars, 2 runs of same car, not 2 NickB. 

Edited by dvderlm

Gleny135

Sorry dont know what happend there :pardon:

This list should have everyone on it...

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. Jake

6. jonPDpolo

7. Nick B

8. Gleny135

9. mintyIII

Yeti

@Gleny135 - I can't wait to see what that 1.05 is putting out, we'll have to send the Mazda boys a copy of the printout and a box of tissues!

• Like 1

dvderlm

1. Dean

2. Kwijibo_Coupe

3. Yeti

4. Nige8021

5. jonPDpolo

6. Nick B

7. Gleny135

8. mintyIII

9. dvderlm 

• Like 1

NickBraddock

I best get my charger looked at as I’ve lost boost recently, or just put my stage 2 on for now

• Like 1

kwijibo_coupe

Unlikely I'll be there this time. Got grown up things to think about. ?

List updated

1. Yeti

2. Nige8021

3. Nick B

4. Gleny 135

5. mintyll

6. dvderlm

7.Andy Cresswell

• Like 1

nige8021

Here's the menu for the butties BREAKFASTPRICES.pdf 

IMG_20180122_160607.thumb.jpg.d5bef947caf572087fe041b121b9add7.jpg

• Like 1

mk2 polo power

I hope to come and maybe with my dad and a chipped rover 75.

I'm a member of clubg40

• Like 1

nige8021
2 hours ago, mk2 polo power said:

I hope to come and maybe with my dad and a chipped rover 75.

I'm a member of clubg40

Yeah we've had all sorts on the rollers, priority will be given to paid members with Polo's, then form an orderly que ?

• Like 1

dvderlm

Not sure I'm going to make it. Cylinder 4 is misfiring since damp Tuesday night. I can confidently say I'm 25% down on power. :x

• Like 1

kiran_182

Cracked my 421 on tue so no surprise visit from me 

Must have been all that power......

• Like 1

nige8021

A big thanks to those who attended this morning, and those who put their cars on the rollers, I'll get some pictures up later and big thanks once again to @jonPDpolo for organising it with Aldon.

We will look into the possibility of doing this in the summer months, if we can sort some dates with Aldon, however the summer is the busiest time of the year for the Aldon guys with all the race/rally cars they setup, so we might struggle to find a suitable weekend 

• Like 2

nige8021

DSC_9716.jpg.ce95e6ffab3007dfad2b168f3a37231c.jpgDSC_9717.jpg.8be50d2a5e0f1b7575172c975f370866.jpg

DSC_9718.jpg.ffcd037b59f1acf14f3a7357d71fac29.jpg

DSC_9720.jpg.f4a4ea0016b913d17a7313a837064e59.jpgDSC_9721.jpg.196626b64cf1c36bf3cf365b6c810820.jpg

Power 122 BHP @ flywheel 97 BHP @ wheels

DSC_9722.jpg.bccbb2a520db3eafc33a5a3f4dce5b80.jpgDSC_9725.jpg.5f63491e9e278303d27d75e75080aea1.jpg

Power 55.4 @ flyweel 29.2 BHP @ wheels

DSC_9727.jpg.ece3f55071264504063949dc09f7fcb7.jpg

Apart from a scary looking Rob !! Power 159.3 BHP @ flywheel 115.7BHP @ wheels

DSC_9728.jpg.bc8b02eb8389c4527efbcdcef9bbe197.jpgDSC_9729.jpg.6c8ae1df75c2ae503fa4129c37619b77.jpg

An Impressive Power 238 BHP @ flywheel 188BHP @wheels 

DSC_9730.jpg.090d6338629e34c9566bf4a9a67d7453.jpg

After suffering from lack of traction 

DSC_9735.jpg.383fa4a67d7d6e6d148f7ab1234ce585.jpg

Additional ballast was added with Ceri & Rob adding some extra Kgs to help the wheels grip to give Power 165 BHP @ flywheel & 125 BHP @ wheels was obtained 

DSC_9737.jpg.a5a13527271e3677d892d42c09f2eb12.jpgDSC_9738.jpg.8efbd0b919e227163867e2681d0c69a6.jpg

Nice standard G40 giving power 122.4 BHP @ flywheel 93 BHP @ wheels

DSC_9740.jpg.1f07144addbeda4078b6457e46f23619.jpgDSC_9741.jpg.366e71e652db3f0773ee1c35bda18265.jpg

Last runner to give power 56.3 BHP @ flywheel 24.2 @ wheels  not bad for a standard 1.0l 

• Like 2

kiran_182

You able to inseert what engines the other cars are running?

nige8021

I didn't get all the details, the Yellow mk1 was a G40/Turbo, J599 a stock G40 ? The 6r a GTi with a few mods ! The others apart fromm the loon were standard motors ?

jonPDpolo

The white bready was standard 1 litre

Ross' yellow mk1 is a G40 Turbo

The blue saloon was an AFH conversion

Ceri's mk2 (E reg) was standard mk2 engine

Si Octavia was mostly stock, EGR removed iirc

Scotts mk9 GTi was non res exhaust, induction kit and tuning box

The J plate G was mostly standard apart from some porting and de-wedged throttle body (used daily as well!)

• Like 1

Gleny135

Mine was the white bready. Its a 1 litre but isnt standard. I built the engine for the CP track day back in october. (Look in that thread for pics)

Its a standard AAU bottom end. Rerung.

With an HZ head (bigger valves and ports than the AAU) that I lightly ported and polished. 

An AEE 1.6 camshaft 

And a homemade 4-2-1 exhaust built to suit the 1.6 camshaft.

And a powerflow exhaust that i found at a local breakers. 

It was running bike carbs for the trackday but took them off as they didnt like starting in the morning when the cold weather when winter kicked in. So ran on the dyno with the standard pierburg 1B. 

• Like 1

kiran_182

Cool, i like custom bulids borrowed from different cars

Any chance of people posting their printouts so we can see some curves, peak power and peak performance live at different houses

dvderlm
1 hour ago, Gleny135 said:

... ran on the dyno with the standard pierburg 1B. 

Very cool. Did you have to rejet the 1B at all ?

Gleny135
15 minutes ago, dvderlm said:

Very cool. Did you have to rejet the 1B at all ?

Yeah it was nearly undrivable on the standard jetting lol. Went from a 105 to a 122 main. The 122 is a little rich according to the wideband. About 13.5:1 when cruising. On the dyno it sat at a nice constant 11:1. But a dont think the accelerator pump is pumping enough as there is a massive lean flat spot when accelerating out of a corner for example. Its ok from a standing start though. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this