Projordio

Mk2f Breadvan project

Projordio

Hi guys, recently bought a mk2f breadvan and need some inspiration for wheels, suspension etc. I'll upload photos when I can.

• Like 1

kiran_182

All the info you'll ever need is here. Wheel width i think 6.5j is the limit on the rear

Projordio

Figured out how to compress my 10mb photos ??, struggling to decide what wheels I want since I'm limiting myself to 6j. It could do with new plastic trim all around,bumpers and a respray but that's all gonna have to wait till next year with better weather. Also need to get the driver's seat restored since the foam has collapsed on the backrest?.

WaterMark_2017-11-15-22-44-02.jpg

WaterMark_2017-11-15-22-45-12.jpg

WaterMark_2017-11-15-22-43-31.jpg

Eilirthomas

Borbets fit really well without spacers 15inch 7j et35 IMG_1176.thumb.JPG.fbec466a39b09d146f3d566e9338a78d.JPGIMG_1177.thumb.JPG.eeeb043f647c3f9b3c54784a909627f7.JPG

Projordio
24 minutes ago, Eilirthomas said:

Borbets fit really well without spacers 15inch 7j et35 IMG_1176.thumb.JPG.fbec466a39b09d146f3d566e9338a78d.JPGIMG_1177.thumb.JPG.eeeb043f647c3f9b3c54784a909627f7.JPG

Is that on the coupe?,  I thought breadvan were much tighter fit.

kiran_182

Thats a coupe not a breadvan which is more restrictive

• Like 1

Projordio

Was going to say haha, I've been told 6j is as far as I should go really

Projordio

So I recently bought some vw teardrops. Plan on getting them refurbished and polished but I don't know what tyres I should get for them, I dont want massive stretch as I would prefer grip 

WaterMark_2017-11-26-09-28-10.jpg

Projordio

So im just wondering will 175/50r14 fit on my bread van without scrubbing, will be running on the teardrops with 40mm drop. thanks in advance

nige8021
29 minutes ago, Projordio said:

So im just wondering will 175/50r14 fit on my bread van without scrubbing, will be running on the teardrops with 40mm drop. thanks in advance

I would ask this question in the technical "wheels & brakes" section and there is a guide in the FAQ's in that section that covers wheel & tyre sizes

Projordio

After some advice as I can't find anything on the forums, bought my polo with a sunroof sealed shut, it's a dealer fitted one so the glass lifts up. It's leaking through the seal so I'm wondering what I can to to fix it,cheers

Screenshot_20171218-195821.png

Projordio

Managed to figure out the stereo situation, had to repin the rem power cable as it wasn't lined up by its all good now. Need to swap the stock speakers for the alpines I bought but not sure on how I'm gonna approach that. Also can't figure out why my interior light doesn't work, I got another one and that doesn't work either so any ideas would be ace .

Snapchat-546984945.jpg

mbusby993

What size are the speakers you bought? You can fit 3.5” in the front and 6x4 in the rear stock, but anything other than that you’re going to have to get inventive! 

dougstar21

Your interior light works off of fuse 11. That also operates the cigar lighter so check if thats working. If it is then its a fault with the wiring or the interior light itself. Hope that helps.   :thumbsup:

Projordio
9 hours ago, mbusby993 said:

What size are the speakers you bought? You can fit 3.5” in the front and 6x4 in the rear stock, but anything other than that you’re going to have to get inventive! 

I bought some alpines sxe-08255 3.5" and fit straight in , just need  to connect them up when I get the spare time

Projordio
5 hours ago, dougstar21 said:

Your interior light works off of fuse 11. That also operates the cigar lighter so check if thats working. If it is then its a fault with the wiring or the interior light itself. Hope that helps.   :thumbsup:

Cheers man I'll check over it but I'm getting the feeling it's the wiring, you wouldn't know how much work it would be ?

dougstar21

Best to check if you're getting a 12v feed to the light using a voltmeter. After that its a case of tracing the wiring back down the A pillar towards the fusebox and checking for any damage. If you're not getting 12v at the light and the earth is fine then I'd check the fusebox end first as you need to remove the windscreen to drop the headlining.

Projordio

Been a while so I thought id update this. I've been driving the bready for nearly a month now and it hasn't missed a beat.

Within the first week I lowered it on an 80/80 mm kit after finding out the shocks were dead and the springs had been cut by the last owner. Then I've had a stainless steel exhaust custom made and it sounds alot better . The teardrops just fit under the arches with alittle work done 😂. Running 165/55r14 nankangs as1 if that's any help to anyone and they're alot better quality and grippy compared to the tyres on the original 13" steelies. 

IMG_20180515_212056149_HDR.jpg

kiran_182

Really nice, clean look. Keep it that way 

Projordio

20 hours ago, kiran_182 said:

Cheers mate, feel like it needs a splitter but don't know what to go for

kiran_182

Think people use a leguna one and trim it down

Projordio

Cool cheers for that mate

Projordio

Just thought I'd share a photo of the Breadvan at its first show , want to lower the front though it's already at 80mm drop

On 18/05/2018 at 16:28, kiran_182 said:

Cheers mate, feel like it needs a splitter but don't know what to go for

IMG-20180702-WA0000.jpg

kiran_182

I think the common one is to cut a leguna one down