Sign in to follow this  
katemelita

Surface rust and plastic trim

katemelita

My car has some rust under the black plastic that is glued to the car, does anyone know how to get the plastic bits off and back on so I can remove and fix the rust? Any tips on getting rid of the rust would be great too - it's only surface rust :smile: thank you.

PicsArt_01-17-04.39.02.jpg

kiran_182

The arch ones are not normally glued, there are 2 lumps on the back that go into holes in the body

If someone broke it in the past it may have been glued

Get a small flat head screw driver and tape the tip and use that to tease the edges up and see if itll pop off

The long ones on the door have a foam adhesive on the back which can be bought

Edited by kiran_182
  • Thanks 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• TheBookOfPoon
      By TheBookOfPoon
      Hi,
      apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum (im new to posting here, long time lurker)
      i have a polo 9n 1.2 3 cylinder, i have heard that it is possible to swap the throttle bodies from that of a mk4 golf, is there a specific engine size from the golf that i need to get it from or will they all fit, i dont know if the golfs use a universal size or they change with engine size which i assume, any help will be appreciated.

also i have had trouble of finding exhaust systems that will fit the car, i have a quote of 150 to get a custom backbox made by hand, however is there any full catback systems that you guys use on your polo's
      many thanks,

• MonsterL35YFP
      By MonsterL35YFP
      Hello polo people I post on here way to often at the moment but I'm having a slight issue with my cam belt it seems to be tracking to one side that much that the lip of the belt is just off the cam sprocket, now iv changed the water pump and belt plus the aux belt, my thinking is that the water pump is slightly off centre or iv tightened the aux belt to much. But just incase is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? Cheers 

• MonsterL35YFP
      By MonsterL35YFP
      I'm after a towing eye, for a mk2f mine never came with one when I brought it.
    • steveo3002
      By steveo3002
      ive started a swap ..mk2 polo to 3f mpi injection etc

the 2 yellow wires for the diagnostics ...the diagram i have shows it going to the interior loom white wire which is heater speed 1 ?  doesnt sound right to disable the heater 

has anyone go a working diagnostic socket on a mk2 swap ...i need pics /help 
    • kizerfluid
      By kizerfluid
      Hey guys so the engine swap to the 1.6 AEE engine has gone on hold as my girlfriend can't afford the insurance price with that engine swap done so we are looking to get a little more power out of the little 1.0 AAU now i have some parts kicking about from my old MK2F which was a 1.3 AAV but i changed engine for 3F.

Parts i have laying arround are:
      1.3 AAV ECU
      1.3 AAV Wiring loom
      1.3 AAV Air Doughnut
      1.3 AAV 5spd Gearbox

1.4 ABD SPI Throttle body
      1.4 ABD Induction elbow

(maybe a little overkill)
      1.8 ADZ SPI Throttle Body
      1.8 ADZ Induction Elbow
      1.8 ADZ Airbox & Filter
      (whole ADZ engine & wiring loom)

Im thinking maybe:
      1.3 AAV ECU
      1.4 ABD / 1.8 ADZ SPI throttle body
      1.8 ADZ Induction Elbow
      1.8 ADZ Airbox & Filter

Think that should give it a little more power under the pedal? got quite a bit like i said so if anyone else knows of a way to get a little more power out of the AAU with the parts i have listed above please let me know

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.