Sign in to follow this  
katemelita

Surface rust and plastic trim

katemelita

My car has some rust under the black plastic that is glued to the car, does anyone know how to get the plastic bits off and back on so I can remove and fix the rust? Any tips on getting rid of the rust would be great too - it's only surface rust :smile: thank you.

PicsArt_01-17-04.39.02.jpg

kiran_182

The arch ones are not normally glued, there are 2 lumps on the back that go into holes in the body

If someone broke it in the past it may have been glued

Get a small flat head screw driver and tape the tip and use that to tease the edges up and see if itll pop off

The long ones on the door have a foam adhesive on the back which can be bought

Edited by kiran_182
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• MonsterL35YFP
      By MonsterL35YFP
      Never been fitted lower strut brace, only selling because iv got a subframe on the way. Open to offers.
    • blue-polo-coupe
      By blue-polo-coupe
      After the breather pipe that goes out the crankcase into the oil separator what is the pipe that is supposed to come out of the oil separator, and where is it supposed to go?
    • Bennett Chef
      By Bennett Chef
      Hello... My Polo was broken into and steering column destroyed... so if anyone can help me with these parts i would be very gratefull🌝
    • fathands
      By fathands
      For sale is my Stainless steel exhaust that was custom made for my mk2 breadvan.
      Cat back system which consists of flexi pipe, centre silencer, and back box. Also 3 poly exhaust mounts and one rubber are included.
      The system was made by a company called custom chrome in Nuneaton and was designed to sit as high up as possible due to it being on a lowered car.
      The system is relatively quite (a bit louder than the standard system) during everyday driving but does give a sense of drama when you put your foot down. A really nice sound.
      Flexi pipe connection size: Internal 45mm external 49mm
      There is damage to the flexi pipe from scraping on speed humps and a small hole has developed as seen in the pics. The centre box also has some scrapes and dents. Also one of the clamps needs replacing.
      Local collection only
      https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183410117686
    • matthg40
      By matthg40
      Finally got my timing marks perfect and got to the point of setting the z with the strobe.so I did so by removing blue temp sender holding revs at 2000 and moved to z ‘mark.took car out for a drive ran nicely but zero boost.came back this time didn’t hold the Revs at 2000 just moved the mark to z and car now has nice boost but the mark is now not at z.what is going on?i only decided to try it without holding the revs as I did read some g40s don’t need the Rebs holding to set the mark.can anyone shed some light on this please I’m so nearly there 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines