Sign in to follow this  
katemelita

Surface rust and plastic trim

katemelita

My car has some rust under the black plastic that is glued to the car, does anyone know how to get the plastic bits off and back on so I can remove and fix the rust? Any tips on getting rid of the rust would be great too - it's only surface rust :smile: thank you.

PicsArt_01-17-04.39.02.jpg

kiran_182

The arch ones are not normally glued, there are 2 lumps on the back that go into holes in the body

If someone broke it in the past it may have been glued

Get a small flat head screw driver and tape the tip and use that to tease the edges up and see if itll pop off

The long ones on the door have a foam adhesive on the back which can be bought

Edited by kiran_182
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Benjamin0365
      By Benjamin0365
      Hello all just joined a few days ago really looking for a roof rack for my 1992 polo mk2f, something like the photo if any has any ideas that would be great:) just advice on where to go etc. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place aha

• mrmetallica
      By mrmetallica
      hi all. im trying to sort a exhaust for my daughters polo  but finding it confusing id like to know what mk it is and the other numbers they give the car. its a 09 1.4 polo
      also wheres a good place to get a exhaust system for her polo please
    • MonsterL35YFP
      By MonsterL35YFP
      So hopefully in the near-ish future I want to convert my coupe 1.3 to afh 1.4 16v and i just want to fuel it with injection but I'm not sure about the wiring iv heard of a complicated way of splicing the looms with both the fuse boxs or something along those lines and iv also heard that you can make a loom using both engine looms with minimal wires just wondering if anyone can shed some light on which is the best way to do it and I really don't want to run it on bike carbs.
    • Defective
      By Defective
      So i recently got a VW polo 6n 1.2 3 cylinder. It come with 2 keys and both have a button in the middle of them, but they don't do anything? Anyone know what they are for? As I've tried using them for the central locking but nothing works. I also changed the batterys in them both and still nothing?
    • lewisbread
      By lewisbread
      Polo breadvan hard plastic blackouts for rear quarters one has small split at top one has more strip at bottom,but  not noticeable when on car

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines